PDA

View Full Version : Caldicot at Coventry

Pops
06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Owen finished 9th in the 2wd A final and 7th in the 4wd Afinal:thumbsup:
From Owen and myself a maaaaaaasive thank you to Craig who had his head in both cars all weekend! With Owens old X6 literaly falling to bits on the track Craig really had his work cut out(sorry Craig:cry: )But against the odds(and a lack of spares) came good:rolleyes:.
Big thanks to mikey for lending me his bj4:thumbsup: and to paul knight for his support:thumbsup:

Pops
06-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Photos???!!

Roy
06-09-2010, 03:21 PM
That's great news, well done.

I knew all that practice on the ruts at COBRA would come good in the end.

Well done again :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GRIFF55
06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Well done O, you drove goooood. Had some bad luck, but thats racing!
Winner next year?????:thumbsup:

DCM
06-09-2010, 04:05 PM
The Ginga Ninja gonna want proper spray jobs next :thumbsup:

blue_pinky
06-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Big congrats to Owen...absolutely stunning drive in his last 4wd A final leg...proper quality!!!

Me on the other hand...I bumped into Dan Harding on Saturday when I arrived who told me he'd managed the E final in the seniors, he then let me know that it was actually the bottom senior heat! After that I feared my season long goal of avoiding the bottom final might be finally scuppered.

But somehow I managed to stick it in the D final!!! So well chuffed given the company I was keeping :thumbsup: Qualified D9 finished D8...but only because someone didn't start :blush:

Pops
06-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Big congrats to Owen...absolutely stunning drive in his last 4wd A final leg...proper quality!!!

Me on the other hand...I bumped into Dan Harding on Saturday when I arrived who told me he'd managed the E final in the seniors, he then let me know that it was actually the bottom senior heat! Aftert that I feared my season long goal of avoiding the bottom final might be finally scuppered.

But somehow I managed to stick it in the D final!!! So well chuffed given the company I was keeping :thumbsup: Qualified D9 finished D8...but only because someone didn't start :blush:

You drove that 44 very well in amongst all that madness! Well done Andy:thumbsup:

Pops
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
The Ginga Ninja gonna want proper spray jobs next :thumbsup:
Well you must be psycic steve..I just said to Owen " decide on a colour scheme and il ring steve and see how he's fixed for time":thumbsup:

CharlieF
06-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Well done Wales:thumbsup:. We want to see more Welsh Juniors next year if Owen is anything to go by. Over to you Craig!!
Regards
Charlie.

Balders
06-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Good work Owen! You've done and us all at Caldicot and the WRCA proud!

How did you get on Dave in the seniors? Or were you too nervous for Owen to race? ;)

Pops
06-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Good work Owen! You've done and us all at Caldicot and the WRCA proud!

How did you get on Dave in the seniors? Or were you too nervous for Owen to race? ;)

I wont lie to you Mike....I made a total hash of my racing.. car was really good(thanks Craig and Andy) OK your going to get it from the boys so here goes:blush:
Q1... the front wheel fell off:blush::blush:
Q2.. I completely missed cos i'm thick:blush::blush::blush:
Q3 was raining bad.. car was good... i finished 1st and briefly was 5th in 4wd vets...Very briefly!
Q4 i had to stop cos the servo saver was loose and could only go straight:blush::blush::blush::blush:
C Final.. new fast servo.. tranny at 100% steering speed.. no warm up lap... Numpty:woot:
Excellent fun though..

Balders
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Glad you had fun with it none the less mate! You gonna run it at saundersfoot? You're more than welcome matey! :)

Body Paint
07-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I wont lie to you Mike....I made a total hash of my racing.. car was really good(thanks Craig and Andy) OK your going to get it from the boys so here goes:blush:
Q1... the front wheel fell off:blush::blush:
Q2.. I completely missed cos i'm thick:blush::blush::blush:
Q3 was raining bad.. car was good... i finished 1st and briefly was 5th in 4wd vets...Very briefly!
Q4 i had to stop cos the servo saver was loose and could only go straight:blush::blush::blush::blush:
C Final.. new fast servo.. tranny at 100% steering speed.. no warm up lap... EDIT Then the motor came loose cos I was stacking the tripple every lap and finished last EDIT Numpty:woot:
Excellent fun though..

Sorry Dave, just had to clear that up

Body Paint
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Well done Owen, was a pleasure to pit for you. Next year we'll aim for top 3 :)

Pops
07-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Sorry Dave, just had to clear that up EDIT...to rub salt in my wounds the "Oracle" informs me after my days stress of running a 4wd for the first time with a mental 6.5 for the first time that, as others did, i could have used my beloved X6!!!!!!:woot:...EDIT:p:p:p

peetbee
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
:lol::lol::woot:
Well done, Owen

blue_pinky
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Is that the same beloved X6 that you'd stripped for parts to keep Owen's running the day before? :p

Sorry Dave...don't mean to rub any more salt in the wound...;)

Good work keeping yourself awake all (well most of) the weekend after the epic amount of miles you'd done in your transit just to be there!!!

:thumbsup:

Pops
07-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Is that the same beloved X6 that you'd stripped for parts to keep Owen's running the day before? :p

Sorry Dave...don't mean to rub any more salt in the wound...;)

Good work keeping yourself awake all (well most of) the weekend after the epic amount of miles you'd done in your transit just to be there!!!

:thumbsup:Yes it was but only the idler gear which i bought new sun morning,Plus i had 2 used ones off the guys at the dms table.
14 nights straight sleeping on the floor with 11 12/14hr shifts... well over a thousand miles that week at 60 mph in the chuckle bus...Hows that for another excuse:)

Balders
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Yes it was but only the idler gear which i bought new sun morning,Plus i had 2 used ones off the guys at the dms table.
14 nights straight sleeping on the floor with 11 12/14hr shifts... well over a thousand miles that week at 60 mph in the chuckle bus...Hows that for another excuse:)

Are you and Ow heading up to Saunders on the weekend then to watch the shoot out between Paul, Andy and maybe Scott for top of the table honours in 4wd.. :)

Weather looks good at the moment for it lets hope the rain stays away otherwise my trx won't be out in the rain coz its got no undertray..

peetbee
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
my trx won't be out in the rain coz its got no undertray..
Pfft, you have duck tape haven't you?

Pops
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Are you and Ow heading up to Saunders on the weekend then to watch the shoot out between Paul, Andy and maybe Scott for top of the table honours in 4wd.. :)

Weather looks good at the moment for it lets hope the rain stays away otherwise my trx won't be out in the rain coz its got no undertray..

I think O's X6 should be back together for sunday so yeah we'l be there..I'l run my X6 i think(thanks again for the offer to use the bj4)
How do you fancy running a harris tuned b44 on sunday? Just chuck a receiver in and off ya go.:)

blue_pinky
08-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Hmmm...not sure I can make Sunday now...picked up some urgent work that's gonna fill my weekend up...would save me the 6 o clock start and 5+ hours driving...but be missing good days racing again....grrrrr

Real life sucks :cry: