PDA

View Full Version : TRF 501X Worlds edition

TRF_Tastic
13-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Just seen this as a release on Rainbow 10 in Nov, cant wait to see this one.

drinternat
14-09-2007, 08:50 AM
To commemorate IFMAR Electric 1/10 Off-Road Car World Championships Tamiya is announcing the release of a TRF501X World Championship Edition, featuring many special parts that will be used at this world-class R/C race. These option parts promise to bring out the true potential of this racing buggy.
About the Model
1/10 scale assembly kit R/C model of the TRF501X, with many special option parts added.
Differential has been redesigned to increase performance and durability.
New parts including aluminum caster block, aluminum rear upright, and reinforced upper arm mounts further enhance the buggy's ability to withstand the rigors of off-road racing.
New ball connectors made from high-strength steel.
New damper pistons made from Delrin, a lightweight and low-friction resin material.
The entire drivetrain has been modified to improve power-transfer efficiency, with parts such as an 18T center pulley, 37T ball diff. pulley, and 369mm drive belts.
Clear polycarbonate body shell has been redesigned for better aerodynamics.

delanobe
14-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Seems like it's just a kit with a lot of hop ups that are already available standard in the box??

scotoap
14-09-2007, 09:25 AM
My thoughts exactly, already hopped up mine, overheating ESC problems, with the undertray fitted in spite of cutting the vents out on the body and two under the motor, hope that repositioning the ESC to the slipper side and the RX in front of the motor cures this though.
It will be interesting to see if the redesigned body has more or larger vents for cooling though.

delanobe
14-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I have a Novak GTB with the fan mounted at the slipper side without any problems. I run a 5.5 with 6 cells with no overheating what so ever.

stefke
14-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Looks like the car I already have, except for the aluminium hubs. IMHO, the plastic hubs are better (less wear, less unsprung weight)

another thing : they should better change the ballcups instead of the ballstuds. Nothing wrong with the latter.

I was also hoping on new driveshafts : the kit ones wear extremely fast.

stefke
14-09-2007, 12:49 PM
This could be the new body on Suzuki's car on the left. If so, I like the old one better. Looks like a ZX5