PDA

View Full Version : Petit RC 2011 - 15/16 Jan 2011 TORCH team!

mikeyscott
13-09-2010, 06:52 PM
I know a number of TORCH members have booked in for this, but thought I'd start a thread!

So who is in from TORCH and also what are people doing re hotels etc? TORCH meal on Friday / Saturday night?

I'm in for both days.

http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2011/index.php

TEAM TORCH!

Samspeed1
14-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Gezzz. How it so expensive? :cry:

mikeyscott
14-09-2010, 12:02 PM
It is a bit, but I think worth a crack. Think Glenn was interested.

Samspeed1
14-09-2010, 01:14 PM
A bit? £40 for a days racing that's crazy i don't think so. I'm used to doing four days racing for £40

SteveB
14-09-2010, 08:53 PM
On a positive, the raffle is superb and well worth particpating
:thumbsup:

Also a very good atmospere, with some great racing:woot:

I'm in and sure some others would agree an opportunity to keep warm for a few days and this always a good thing when in the middle of winter :D

Randall34
15-09-2010, 06:53 AM
it's a possible, i'll ask the boss tonight. Derby is a trek to get back and to work the next next day, but hey it was really cool going last time. I guess i would only do the 2wd too.

wayne
15-09-2010, 08:03 AM
i dony know anything about this .......what is it?

wayne
15-09-2010, 08:05 AM
i dony know anything about this .......what is it?
ahh i see its a trip ...

RobW
15-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Ok, so I am googling Rc Petit, but cannot see a site?

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Might have to buy at least one new car to do this - current B4 looks a bit of a wreck.....

Rob

mikeyscott
15-09-2010, 08:55 AM
http://race.petitrc.com/

RobW
15-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks, Mike.

I'll have a proper look tonight and start approaching subject with the missus.

So it is 2wd one day and 4wd the other? - two classes is 52 euros so not quite so bad as £40 for each day. Just means I have to buy a 4WD!! Could be an expensive weekend!!

Rob

makinwaves
15-09-2010, 09:23 AM
The previous race at Maritime was superb. Well worth the £40 entry to get a T shirt and raffle entry and just for the crack of 2 days racing against some really big names.

It's a sort of indoor first national of the year and has crazy mad jumps and high grip on the carpet. 100s of drivers, lots of racing and plenty of silliness due to lack of sleep.

Mark

simoncrabb
15-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Petit is just awesome, T-shirts, stickers, sweets, raffle, girls, all sorts of stuff for the entry fee.

And it's much better value if you do both days!

The TOP indoor meeting of the year, loads of international racers make the trip.

My name's down.

RobW
15-09-2010, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=simoncrabb;413916]Petit is just awesome, T-shirts, stickers, sweets, raffle, girls, all sorts of stuff for the entry fee. QUOTE]

Girls as part of the entry fee?? Sounds good but not sure I'll mention that to thw wife when I try and get a pass for the weekend:woot:

Rob

RobW
17-09-2010, 08:33 AM
We'll I've booked in.

Presumably if it gets filled up with invitational drivers I'll get binned off list but hoping that is unlikely given that would mean virtually everyone from last year racing again - I am sure some peeps have given up or cannot make dates or just do not fancy it?

There are currently some cheap travelodge rooms available - £19 a night.

Rob

martin so16
17-09-2010, 08:53 PM
is it 40 pound for each day and 40 pound per class and is every one staying in the same hotel sounds like a good laugh and its a weekend away :thumbsup:

Welshy40
17-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Guys ive just been emailed by Nicolas and appears he is getting far to many pm's on his website. He has asked to use the TALK section as he doesnt have time to reply to all the messages in his inbox. Thanks

simoncrabb
21-09-2010, 12:51 PM
is it 40 pound for each day and 40 pound per class and is every one staying in the same hotel sounds like a good laugh and its a weekend away :thumbsup:

It's €52 for two classes, ie 2wd saturday, 4wd sunday.

mikeyscott
23-09-2010, 09:55 PM
A bit? £40 for a days racing that's crazy i don't think so. I'm used to doing four days racing for £40

After 4Wd at the weekend are you tempted now ;)

Samspeed1
23-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Yes I am.:blush: 4wd Rocks

RobW
01-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Entry now open to everyone - paid up so I've got an entry.:thumbsup:

Kyosho FS2 and lipos ordered so credit card a little hot now:cry:

I can see Mike and Steve on the paid list - anyone else tempted?

Rob

mikeyscott
01-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Entry now open to everyone - paid up so I've got an entry.:thumbsup:

Kyosho FS2 and lipos ordered so credit card a little hot now:cry:

I can see Mike and Steve on the paid list - anyone else tempted?

Rob

So another TORCH member with a FS.

I'm aiming to run mine at Petit, but the SX will be coming too.

M.Andrews
03-10-2010, 09:39 PM
So another TORCH member with a FS.

I'm aiming to run mine at Petit, but the SX will be coming too.

The kyosho seems to be the 4wd drive to go for at the moment!. I like the look of the Caster Racing sk10 pro. http://www.casterracing.com/car/main_view.php?cid=1&iid=21
Comes out in a couple of weeks,alot of kit for £209!!!. I really want to get one,does anyone know anything about the brand?.:confused:

mikeyscott
03-10-2010, 09:53 PM
The kyosho seems to be the 4wd drive to go for at the moment!. I like the look of the Caster Racing sk10 pro. http://www.casterracing.com/car/main_view.php?cid=1&iid=21
Comes out in a couple of weeks,alot of kit for £209!!!. I really want to get one,does anyone know anything about the brand?.:confused:

Hi,

Don't know anything about and haven't heard much.

Will it survive in the UK and can you get spares easily etc? Wouldn't be my first choice. 2nd hand b44 can be had for not much these days etc.

Mike

RobW
04-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Mark

The previous Caster cars have all been based heavily on on other established designs so will probably go ok. I think you tend to get what you pay for so probably not going to be xray quality.

You can get the Kyosho FS which is not vastly difference from the FS2 for £265. I'd pay a little extra and get one of those - we now have Phil Williams, Mike and me with kyoshos so we should be able to get a base set up sorted between us seeing as Phil's car already looks really good.

Probably be a couple of weeks before I have mine ready but you welcome to have a go if you have not made up your mind by then.

Rob

M.Andrews
04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Mark

The previous Caster cars have all been based heavily on on other established designs so will probably go ok. I think you tend to get what you pay for so probably not going to be xray quality.

You can get the Kyosho FS which is not vastly difference from the FS2 for £265. I'd pay a little extra and get one of those - we now have Phil Williams, Mike and me with kyoshos so we should be able to get a base set up sorted between us seeing as Phil's car already looks really good.

Probably be a couple of weeks before I have mine ready but you welcome to have a go if you have not made up your mind by then.

Rob

Cheers Rob,I might take you up on that offer of a go!. Kit looks like a smaller 1/8th car and looking at the pictures it looks like a well built car abit like an xray. Spares aren't a problem as mk racing and apex are to sell the castor kits and spares and the only parts that are not alloy are the wishbones!!. I'll wait till it comes out and take a look at the kit at a shop.

mikeyscott
20-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Not long till this event, what hotels and times are people getting up to Derby?

simoncrabb
21-12-2010, 09:02 PM
There *is* practice on the thursday and friday (albeit on a different track layout).

I'm hoping to get up there Friday lunchtime to get at least an hour or two practice in.

Team Lazy are in the Premier Inn Derby South Oast House.

mikeyscott
21-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Similar time to Martin and I with Steve coming up for evening practice if poss. Torch going to pit together?

robelmes
12-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Just had an email to say I'm in!

mikeyscott
13-01-2011, 12:42 AM
More than welcome to join us in the pit area we've got reserved

robelmes
13-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Cheers mikey, when is everyone going up?

mikeyscott
13-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Cheers mikey, when is everyone going up?

I'm heading up in the morning with Martin Brown as for the rest of Team TORCH and Team RCLazy - at various times on Friday from what I can tell.

I think Rob Warren and myself will be first at Ardent - Simon has kindly sorted out the Team pitting for everyone.

robelmes
13-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Your going Friday morning?? What time is the track open for practice? Might come up in the afternoon, can you pay for practice on arival?

RobW
13-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi

Track is open from 9.30am until 3.00 when we will all be asked to leave while they build the actual track. Pay a few quid on arrival to practice.

I'm intending leaving at a stupid time in the morning so I can get a few hours practice as I have never driven a modern buggy on carpet nor any real experience of jumping them other than the table-top at TORCH - may a steep learning curve!

Rob

mikeyscott
Your going Friday morning?? What time is the track open for practice? Might come up in the afternoon, can you pay for practice on arival?

Hi Rob,

Please see this thread

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49566&page=4

mikeyscott
Hi

Track is open from 9.30am until 3.00 when we will all be asked to leave while they build the actual track. Pay a few quid on arrival to practice.

I'm intending leaving at a stupid time in the morning so I can get a few hours practice as I have never driven a modern buggy on carpet nor any real experience of jumping them other than the table-top at TORCH - may a steep learning curve!

Rob

Know exactly how you feel. I went to Taplow to try jumps and after a day I was still crap :cry:

martin so16
13-01-2011, 07:32 PM
the jumps are a nitemare if the jumps are any thing like taplow then im going 2 spend most of my races on me roof lol but will be a good weekend :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
14-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Leaving for Ardent shortly, see the "Team TORCH / Team RCLazy people up there..

Safe trip people it ain't nice out there.