PDA

View Full Version : Hong Nor SCRT 10

birdy
15-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Guy's thinking about getting one of these for the cold winter months,

Anyone got one, what are they like, any parts that break or I will need to stock in the pit box?

JonyNitro
15-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Has it goes I have one:) the front bumper gives up and change to ali steering knuckles from STRC, and they say move the battery tray back more for balance,pics are on MSUK were you racing with it?

JonyNitro
15-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Anyone got one, what are they like, any parts that break or I will need to stock in the pit box?
Critical updates IMHO:
1) CNC Akerman plate OFN40895 - STRC steering would be nice too.
2) Universals in the rear OFN40875 - helps reduce unwanted wear on dogbone.
3) SNR Shock Towers - better solution and offers ability to install longer front shocks
4) Rear Shocks up front - helps keep front end planted. handling improvements
5) Aluminum Wheel Hexes (OFNA, STRC, etc) - Plastic ones can strip out easier
6) Captured Ball ends for steering turnbuckles. - Ball cups tend to pop off easy. This will require modification to the diff case. I used Traxxas Slash camber links with ball replacement. These turnbuckles are very stiff and strong.
7) 4mm Short turnbuckle - to replace the upper control arm turnbuckle. The stock 3.5 mm turnbuckle will bend. You will have to drill out the upper arm and the rod end or replace. _______________

slow bob
15-09-2010, 03:34 PM
great sc it just won the hpi sc chalange with nothing changed on it only changes made were 30000 wieht oil in the centre diff and 5000 wight in the rear

the front bumper is a tad weak and the ball ends can pop off abit easy

they do make motors run verry hot so eather get a twin fan for the motor or only run it for 7 mins then let it cool down no more than a 6.5t motor or you will cook it lol

mof
05-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Critical updates IMHO:
3) SNR Shock Towers - better solution and offers ability to install longer front shocks

Could someone tell me where these can be bought from, and how the measurements differ from the stock shock tower? Or any other information on them? Tried googling around but didn't find the info I was looking for.

Edit: Nevermind, found a pic, not what I'm looking for.

AJ Roberts
13-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Heres mine
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/andrewjroberts/SCRT/HongNorSCRT001-1-1.jpg
:thumbsup:

AJ Roberts
13-11-2010, 08:26 AM

Didnt you sell yours to CarlCurtis?????