PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone race in the south west?

RobPaynter
20-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi guys and girls, After 8 years out of 1/10th buggy racing at W.O.R.M weston-super-mare when i looked into starting 2 years ago i could not find anywhere in the south west. so for the last 2 years i have done 1 season at the mid south regionals and this year mid west and end of season finals at silverstone. Now i am stuck with no where to race for the winter and not sure which region to race next year. So if there is anyone out there in the south west that races please tell me where and if there is a regional series going on next year?

blue_pinky
20-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I live in Weston and know WORM. As far as I know the only 1/10th track running anything in the area is Tiverton...I believe they are pretty much the South West region as far the BRCA are concerned.

They run every few weeks all through the summer and shut down during winter I believe...

Since I used to live in Newport I help run Caldicot club, which is literally a stones throw from the old severn bridge...but on the welsh (expensive) side. Since Caldicot are a WRCA region club (welsh region) I've been running in the welsh regionals and haven't made it along to Tiverton this year, but Dan Harding races there, he's a worm regular so maybe speak to him about it.

As for the Welsh, turn out is relatively small but improving and driving standards very mixed and also improving with the extra numbers, so would love to promote it over there. But the meetings are certainly not as established as the mid west and mid south regions are, and the series does go far west into Wales, so depending on where you are, the mid west might still be your best bet.

If your near Weston though, me and a few others from the area make the trip over to Caldicot on friday nights for 1/10th (or micro's) indoor offroad antics...thiking about it, if you've been going to WORM, then probably know that already as Si and Dan and Caldicot regulars :thumbsup: Shameless plug done anyway :blush:

coolcars782
20-09-2010, 10:34 PM
We (TRCCC) have a out door grass/astro track located near Wellington, Somerset. I think we are still debating whether to hold a winter series as last year we did but we only has 2 races due to the weather.

The website is here - www.TRCCC.co.uk (http://www.trccc.co.uk)

There is only 3 regular racers on oOple from Trccc and I am on all the time so your best bet is if you need information is to pm me on here failing that use the contacts on the website.

We have 3 races left, 26th September ( this Sunday ), 10th October and the Final Round- 24th October :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Carl Davis
TRCCC

RobPaynter
21-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Just booked in for this sunday on the web site so will be there to check it out. Thank you for your post if you are there on sunday then i am shore we will meet thank you.

danharding
21-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Andy and Carl have summed it up nicely see you on Sunday :)

Welshy40
21-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Contact body paint (craig harris) as he runs a club in caerwent just over the bridge from you. Plenty of clubs around there

peetbee
21-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Contact body paint (craig harris) as he runs a club in caerwent just over the bridge from you. Plenty of clubs around there

The club Welshy refers to is Caldicot that Blue_Pinky mentioned. Our website is here:
www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk (http://www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk)
:thumbsup:

Paul Field
21-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi Rob

I don't know if its what your looking for but we have a small club running 1/10 Off Road near Ottery st Mary in devon. We run every other wednesday our next meeting is September 28th. We run from 7 pm until 10pm. Our website is WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK (http://www.TRCMCC.CO.UK). We are a small club averaging 10 racers a meeting. If your looking for something in the winter it may suit you. I will be racing at Tiverton on Sunday if you would like to know more.

My Brother and i are booked in to race in the Ardent indoor series nr Donington there are 5 dates throughout the winter. Its a bit of a treck but it looks like fun. There website is:
http://www.ardentracing.com/teamdurangowinterseries/

Cheers

Paul Field

coolcars782
21-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Corr that is a bit of a treck up, should be good racing thoo :thumbsup: