PDA

View Full Version : F1 2010 Received (Xbox) - Who's online?

Nick Goodall
23-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm going to be playing it tonight, just wanted to see if anyone else has it yet on Xbox and fancies playing online later?

Probably from about 10:30 pm for me!

Live ID: anythingcarsuk

DaSloth
23-09-2010, 12:21 PM
you sod! im stuck in germany...hopefully be buying it on the way back and play some tomorrow night into the early morning :)

Nick Goodall
23-09-2010, 01:13 PM
you sod! im stuck in germany...hopefully be buying it on the way back and play some tomorrow night into the early morning :)

You won't be disappointed - i just had a quick 20 min go at lunch and it's awesome!!!!

It was default to Expert mode with all assists and stuff off so i just went with it, and my god it's hard after playing Forza for so long but very cool indeed!!!

PaulUpton
23-09-2010, 01:43 PM
How did you get hold of it? Not released until tomorrow

Paul

Nick Goodall
23-09-2010, 01:54 PM
How did you get hold of it? Not released until tomorrow

Paul

Most games tend to come out a day or 2 earlier if you pre-order or buy online...

I guess it's just that Shops won't be stocking them until the official release date.

I bought from shopto.net 31.85 incl p&p

PaulUpton
23-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Thats a good price too, am taking a trip to tesco after racing tonight to buy it :thumbsup:

Nick Goodall
23-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Thats a good price too, am taking a trip to tesco after racing tonight to buy it :thumbsup:

I'm not sure any shops will have it out on the shelves until tomorrow so maybe call them first....

PaulUpton
23-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Already spoke to them about COD black ops when that comes out, they said they go on the shelf at midnight, so fingers crossed.

DaSloth
23-09-2010, 03:11 PM
i hate you all :x

sldmodels
23-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm getting it, just not sure if it'll be this weekend or next payday.

sime46
23-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Got it. Loving it. Proper great game. Really lives up to the hype. Add me if you like. sime46 on live. I've just joined torro rosso. Let the fun begin. Lol

Aran
23-09-2010, 07:25 PM
i am so jealous -.-, waiting three years for this!

i can be a real f1 driver now :D

sime46
23-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Fastest in first practice at bahrain. Set up changes and option Tyres. Living the damn dream. It's better than I dared hope it'd be. Yay.

MRD
23-09-2010, 08:54 PM
I want I want! Now where's that credit card... :drool:.

Nick Goodall
24-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Fastest in first practice at bahrain. Set up changes and option Tyres. Living the damn dream. It's better than I dared hope it'd be. Yay.

Haha excellent, have you got any driving aids on??

I put the driving line on after a while (corners only) as i just couldn't get used to the track and wanted to try and learn it. I turned it off for qualifying and ended up getting through to the last stage and even got Pole....

That actually annoyed me to be honest as i thought the Lotus really should be 4 seconds off even with the best possible lap :thumbdown:

Maybe there's something else i can turn on/off to make that part of it a bit more realistic but i tried to do a 20 lap race, i must have spun 5 times and also hit a couple of cars from behind causing me to get drive through's, but it was just a bit annoying that i could go sooo much faster then the cars around me as i really hoped the whole speed of the cars would be realistic as in i'd have no chance of catching the Red Bull's, Mclarens etc.....

sldmodels
24-09-2010, 08:55 AM
I think the only real way of getting realistic results, is driving against other real people. All the driving games I've ever played, the computer drivers, have all either been way too easy to beat, or way too hard, and pretty much nothing at a level I can properly compete with.

Nick Goodall
24-09-2010, 09:07 AM
I think the only real way of getting realistic results, is driving against other real people. All the driving games I've ever played, the computer drivers, have all either been way too easy to beat, or way too hard, and pretty much nothing at a level I can properly compete with.

I think the right drivers were going fast, but it's the Cars i have an issue with - the Lotus should be way slower, that part of it would be easy to get right i'd have thought?

sldmodels
24-09-2010, 09:14 AM
I think the performance of the cars may be a legal thing. I know it sounds stupid, but if THEY show one car to be better or worse than another car, that's THEM making an official judgement on that team / car etc. I'd imagine that there'd be a patch at a later date, either official or unofficial to have a more realistic feel to the cars, but I do remember on GP2 passing Ferrari's and Williams and McLaren in a Pacific F1.

Nick Goodall
24-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I think the performance of the cars may be a legal thing. I know it sounds stupid, but if THEY show one car to be better or worse than another car, that's THEM making an official judgement on that team / car etc. I'd imagine that there'd be a patch at a later date, either official or unofficial to have a more realistic feel to the cars, but I do remember on GP2 passing Ferrari's and Williams and McLaren in a Pacific F1.

I suppose that makes sense really, but the fact when you start out you HAVE to go in either Virgin, HRT or Lotus already suggests they rank these teams lower anyway??

It just means to me that there won't be any benefit in doing well, and getting signed up by a bigger team you know? It would have been nice to race your a$$ off and still scrape 16th or something in the Lotus - Then when you get a mid-table car you can start hopefully getting in the points.... then obviously challenging for a title with one of the top teams.

DaSloth
24-09-2010, 11:01 AM
just take off all downforce from the new cars, then they'll be realistic :P

sime46
24-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Nah. All aids off except a little traction control to begin with. Thats all off now. Manual gears is a must too. I wanna feel it all. Loving it so far. Qually tonight and race if I get time. :thumbsup:

PaulRotheram
24-09-2010, 01:24 PM
May look on getting this game.. however theres a wealth of new games coming out soon, black ops, MOH, assassins creed 3 and plenty more. I'm sure my girlfriend wont mind one more title on my list ;P

DCM
24-09-2010, 01:26 PM
you guys playing on the XBOX controller or a wheel?

rich_cree
24-09-2010, 02:13 PM
I've managed about 3 hours with it today on xbox, with STD controller. First few laps were worrying with the car twitching about everywhere but once you get it, it's so awesome! You have epic battles with the ai cars, the starts are great, really battling to hold position. You have to start off in a lotus virgin or hrt, so you spend lots of time getting overtaken on the straight.

The handling is really good, just a decent balance of arcade and sim. Bahrain is a good example, there's a few hairpins, some of them you can just sling the car at the kerb whilst the other two you have to avoid the kerb mid corner bump or else you spin out.

Love it!

Matt-h
24-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I have this on the PS3.

Awesome

Matt

sldmodels
24-09-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm getting it either next week or the week after, but I'm getting the Ferrari wheel with the flippy padels. For extra realism, I'm gonna put my bike helmet on and wrap myself in clingfilm so I can lose some pounds of water during the race, maybe go outside and kick someone in the shin to simular running into one of the pit crew.

telboy
24-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Just bought it. Not played it yet, probably get on tonight.

Anyone wants to add me I'm telboy322 on xbox.

Was going to get this on PS3 as I think the graphics would be marginally better, but all my friends are on xbox, so it was a no brainer really. :)

Looking forward to playing this. The last decent F1 game on a console was F1-98 I think. since then theyve all been toss.
Toca race driver 2 showed what CM could do with single seaters when they had the Formula Fords on that. So when I heard that they were doing it, I couldn't wait! :)

F1 2010 this month and GT5 next month. Gonna be struggle to get all the painting etc. in this next month or two....or should that be years?!:lol:

Wraggy
24-09-2010, 06:43 PM
got it myself today also:thumbsup:
add me wraggy1972

might need to practice later though when the lad get of COD:(

Neil Skull
24-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Looking forward to playing this. The last decent F1 game on a console was F1-98 I think. since then theyve all been toss.
Toca race driver 2 showed what CM could do with single seaters when they had the Formula Fords on that. So when I heard that they were doing it, I couldn't wait! :)

I Take it you never unlocked the F1 Indy Racers on Toca 2then??
I been playing the latest Forza on Xbox but its still not a patch on Toca 2 especially in a much higher resolution than any console can match.

I might have to have a look at this F1 though :)

Ben.G
24-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Add me on Live : Bennn I 16 I

Had two races for Virgin Colsworth started for one of the races 12th and the other 17th but won both!! :D

Loving the game :thumbsup:

Add me and we`ll get a online lobby going :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MRD
25-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I started with Williams :thumbsup:. I got the option of about 4 or 5 teams. Might be something to do with me owning GRID and DIRT2 :confused:.

sldmodels
25-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Could be 'cos you're a "proven driver" with your other games, which makes me think, do the people with GTA experience get to pop a cap in the asses of car's they're passing?

Richard Lowe
25-09-2010, 10:24 AM
What difficulty is everyone playing on?

I've got the PC version, I think I'm going to have to try expert - on hard I was on pole in the Lotus at Bahrain by 2.5 seconds :lol:

The physics can do some strange things too, if you slam on the brakes if you start to spin at low speed it pulls it back straight. You can get it back from some very weird angles doing this!

maky
25-09-2010, 11:30 AM
i got it yeserday ..

my xbox tag is .... nr3 coops

add me :thumbsup:

sldmodels
25-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Just had a look in Asda, and it's just under 35 on ps3 and Xbox (although they'd sold out on xbobx)

MRD
25-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Just had a look in Asda, and it's just under 35 on ps3 and Xbox (although they'd sold out on xbobx)

Got mine from Asda last night. None on shelves so I asked at the counter, she looked and there were two left in the draw so me and the guy infront got a copy. Just as I paid another staff member ran upto her and told her not to sell anymore as the draw was for reserved pre orders. Oops. Asda are gonna have alot of unhappy pre order customers :o.

Danny McGee
25-09-2010, 05:22 PM
What are people playing this with? I'm picking up mine tomorrow but never really got on with the xbox's controller as i much preferred the transmitter style you could adjust the playstation too. Can you do that with this game for the STD controller?

Also was looking at a proper steering wheel etc anyone got one they could reccommend?

Ta

MattW
25-09-2010, 05:26 PM
What difficulty is everyone playing on?

I've got the PC version, I think I'm going to have to try expert - on hard I was on pole in the Lotus at Bahrain by 2.5 seconds :lol:

Is the PC version OK Rich?? thinking about d/l it from Steam.

telboy
25-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm playing mine on the expert level with a normal controller.
Racing for Virgin, Finding it very hard to get laps in without spinning the bloody thing!
Had to go to automatic, just so I could concentrate on getting round cleanly.
It just doesn't seem to have any get-up-and-go! All the other cars, including my team mate are just getting out of the corners soo damn fast. I try to match 'em and just spin out.

does everyone have little problems with it freezing for a couple of seconds?

maky
25-09-2010, 05:29 PM
i keep getting the freezing . i googled it, patch beeing made for it apparently

telboy
25-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Something odd last night too.
i'm stuggling in the dry to qualify off of the back row. Yet in the wet I was 7sec faster than my dry time and on pole by nearly a second!....in expert!??!??!!!?:eh?:

i can get a better setup balance in the wet than in the dry. whereas the dry setup seems to feel more like a wet setup, very twitchy and no rear end grip on power, yet in the wet, I could just nail it eveywhere? and got pretty much perfect lines.

Odd?!:confused:

Adyb
25-09-2010, 06:57 PM
playing game with 360 steering wheel on expert mode with no aids....really hard and like Telboy keep spinning if nailing the throttle too much, if people finding it to easy get a steering wheel then its a whole new game!! great game....tag ady14.:thumbsup:

telboy
25-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Thing is, I'm not even nailing the throttle. Just touching it.

85 pages of bug complaints on the codemasters website.
Mainly with PS3 and PC, but still a few with Xbox360.

Hopefully patches will be made to sort problems.

PaulUpton
25-09-2010, 07:48 PM
theres some major glitches, i won a race but said i finished 3rd, and the AI cars dont move out the way in qualifying when there on out laps, so annoying.

playing on ps3 with logitech driving force gt wheel, lapping 2-3 secs quicker than the AI cars, expert mode but with automatic on.

some very weird handling characteristics aswell, car spins out very easy one lap yet understeers the next then fine the next. i think, maybe wrong but if you cut the track/hit someone the next corner you have less grip, im sure off it.

loving the game, in my opinion it NEEDS a steering wheel and pedals :thumbsup:

add me PS3 - pupton00

ghost2212
25-09-2010, 08:51 PM
There is definitely some glitches i had half a front wing on my car and no nose cone so the wing was just hanging there in free space.

sime46
25-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Manual gears is quickest dudes but use a little traction control until your used to it. The xbox wheel really brings it to life and I'm a couple of seconds a lap quicker with the wheel than the pad. Frickin awesome. My gamesave was corrupted after my session last night so had to start from scratch this morning. It's easily the best console racer I've played. I have no equal. Lol

Richard Lowe
26-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Is the PC version OK Rich?? thinking about d/l it from Steam.
No glitches or problems for me so far, I got mine on Steam as well. It's the same engine as Dirt2 so if you can run that fine this will be ok too. I'm running it on a GTX260 and 3Ghz Core 2 Quad and it runs perfectly at 1920x1080 8xAA with all the detail settings on the highest :thumbsup:

wacattack
26-09-2010, 06:19 PM
The pit stops are winding up something stupid. Each time I go into the pits they wont release me from my pit bay until every car has gone past. Im going from a top 3 place to last just because of the pits, its bloody stupid

telboy
27-09-2010, 09:14 AM
I alter the strategy in the pits before the race, so that I won't come in at the same time as everyone else. That way I don't get caught up in the pit traffic. because even if theres a massive gap, they don't release you.

I'm getting a bit fed up of just 'clipping' kerbs (like they do in real life) and it just spinning me out.
You can't catch a slide either, if you counter-steer it just throws you round the other way and off the track.
But then I am only using the controller.

Its is getting better the more I play it, and have messed around with the settings and found a level that is a bit more realistic in terms of performance.

But the wet weather glitch needs sorting. It does my head in when developers cant tell that theres something majorly wrong in a game. Show that they either didn't do their homework, or they didn't test it in all conditions enough.

Other than that, its ok, and is probably one of the best GP games. It still has some work to do to beat the likes of GP1/2/3/4 and R-factor on the PC, but deffo the best so far on consoles.

I'm just waiting for GT5 now in November.

Danny McGee
27-09-2010, 09:53 AM
I alter the strategy in the pits before the race, so that I won't come in at the same time as everyone else. That way I don't get caught up in the pit traffic. because even if theres a massive gap, they don't release you.

I'm getting a bit fed up of just 'clipping' kerbs (like they do in real life) and it just spinning me out.
You can't catch a slide either, if you counter-steer it just throws you round the other way and off the track.
But then I am only using the controller.

Its is getting better the more I play it, and have messed around with the settings and found a level that is a bit more realistic in terms of performance.

But the wet weather glitch needs sorting. It does my head in when developers cant tell that theres something majorly wrong in a game. Show that they either didn't do their homework, or they didn't test it in all conditions enough.

Other than that, its ok, and is probably one of the best GP games. It still has some work to do to beat the likes of GP1/2/3/4 and R-factor on the PC, but deffo the best so far on consoles.

I'm just waiting for GT5 now in November.

Seeing as no one asnwered me before ill ask again.

Can you custom the controller like you can it GT. I want it like a transmitter

sldmodels
27-09-2010, 10:14 AM
If you're on a pc, why not just use your transmitter?

Chris Doughty
27-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Seeing as no one asnwered me before ill ask again.

Can you custom the controller like you can it GT. I want it like a transmitter

Danny, Yes, I'm on xbox and have throttle/brake on the left thumb stick and steering on the right thumbstick... i'm sure 'custom' controls can be set on all platforms

I'm playing on Profesional difficulty in my Williams and I am finding that I am performing just about where I should be, I can scrape into the top10 in qually and progress slightly in the race.

all driver aids turned off except auto gearbox at the moment.

Dep
27-09-2010, 12:16 PM
For those on XBOX 360, my add is B10LJK

Nick Goodall
27-09-2010, 02:05 PM
The pit stops are winding up something stupid. Each time I go into the pits they wont release me from my pit bay until every car has gone past. Im going from a top 3 place to last just because of the pits, its bloody stupid

I found out about this - What you need to do is either pit earlier, or later then when the Engineer suggests, just stay out and come in a lap or 2 later and it will be fine.

This is also being fixed with the patch

matdodd
27-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Thats good to know nick:thumbsup:
Iv had the same problem last night 2 races in a row :(

Swiss
28-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I have been playing in career mode, I think medium level difficulty. Qual last night and noticed it didn't have the knock out stages like in F1?? Qual 14th, which I believe is enough to go through to the secound stage??

Chris Doughty
28-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I have been playing in career mode, I think medium level difficulty. Qual last night and noticed it didn't have the knock out stages like in F1?? Qual 14th, which I believe is enough to go through to the secound stage??

you need to do the 'full' race weekend and not the 'quick' race weekend, the full ones was 3 lots of free praccy and a 3 tier qually session.

you can Fast forward or skip the FP sessions

Nick Goodall
28-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I still haven't played online yet but looking forward to giving it a go - i just want to practise a bit more before getting my a$$ handed to me.....

I'm loving it on championship mode too much to play online :-)

I went through the options last night and found that you can actually set the AI to Legendary, not just the game difficulty so i did this.

Ended up finishing 15th in Malaysia which is way more realistic with the Lotus so i'm happy with that - it seemed so wrong to be battling it out with the Red Bulls & Mclarens.

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
28-09-2010, 04:42 PM
To be fair i went online for the first time with it last night and won all my races!

Some of the driving ability online is shall we say, not the best! lol

bert digler
28-09-2010, 06:17 PM
To be fair i went online for the first time with it last night and won all my races!

Some of the driving ability online is shall we say, not the best! lol

can you change yor car online

DaSloth
28-09-2010, 06:42 PM

its coz you're sloooooow! :woot:

28-09-2010, 09:18 PM
You can alter the settings as you can in single player/career, although regarding driver assists, if you use any, you can only alter the one's that the host has made available for you to alter,

Spoolio
28-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I guess I am a lone voice of dissent but I'm not loving it like you guys (and certainly don't think it compares well to Forza 3).

IMHO it's still got that too much of the Codemasters "feel" to it that all their games have had right from the original McRae Rally.

Major gripe is that Codemasters insist on knowing better than the player what controls you will use so you can't configure the D-pad to do the steering (which I know is probably a really 1980's way to do it but so what, I'm an old fart). They did that in Grid and Dirt too and I can't play them worth a toss either. It's a particular affliction I have that I have never ever been able to use the sticks and triggers, I just keep hitting throttle and brake at the same time and spearing off the track at every corner. Wouldn't be so bad if you could buy a transmitter style controller so the steering and throttle sticks could be in a linear "gate" instead of flopping about.

Ah well, fingers crossed that GT5 really does make it out in November (2010) I guess. Now then, where's that old 40gb PS3 I never got round to unboxing...

Cream
28-09-2010, 11:07 PM
What a great game this is. It has it's issues but it plays great and has great handling, and the weather effects WOW....
I'm playing with brake assist and abs turned off and traction control on medium. Feels great. I'm also being a little bit girlie and I have corner line showing.
Currently playing with a 360 pad, but I do have a logitec G25 I'm hoping to get set up at some time.
Here are a few pics from the P.C. version running on my P.C.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/th_F1_2010_game_2010_09_26_23_34_50_088.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/?action=view&current=F1_2010_game_2010_09_26_23_34_50_088.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/th_F1_2010_game_2010_09_26_23_35_15_258.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/?action=view&current=F1_2010_game_2010_09_26_23_35_15_258.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/th_F1_2010_game_2010_09_26_23_35_06_863.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/?action=view&current=F1_2010_game_2010_09_26_23_35_06_863.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/th_F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_00_03_127.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/?action=view&current=F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_00_03_127.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/th_F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_00_10_561.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/?action=view&current=F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_00_10_561.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/th_F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_00_12_984.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/?action=view&current=F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_00_12_984.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/th_F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_01_08_550.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Creamuk/?action=view&current=F1_2010_game_2010_09_28_23_01_08_550.jpg)

sldmodels
29-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I've added everyone on here who put the xbox tag except one person with three n's in his username, couldn't add you for some reason, so feel free to add me at some point (my gamer tag is in my sig).

Chris Doughty
29-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I still haven't played online yet but looking forward to giving it a go - i just want to practise a bit more before getting my a$$ handed to me.....

I'm loving it on championship mode too much to play online :-)

I went through the options last night and found that you can actually set the AI to Legendary, not just the game difficulty so i did this.

Ended up finishing 15th in Malaysia which is way more realistic with the Lotus so i'm happy with that - it seemed so wrong to be battling it out with the Red Bulls & Mclarens.

I'm running with the AI on 'professional' and I find its reasonably good, though I did get the williams onto the second step of the podium.

Spoolio - the thing I like about F1 2010 and dislike about forza is that in forza you only choose to steer left and right, the game decides how much you steer based on your speed, with F1 2010, you actually control the steering directly, I can give it too much steering in a corner.

DCM
29-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Which is the better version though... PC or XBOX.... I want this game, I got a wheel on the PC... but I am guessing I can't play online with all the XBOXers!

Nick Goodall
29-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Chris i think that's why a Wheel would be so awesome on this, as even though you can input less or more with the Pad, it's hard to do and usually i just go lock to lock and often it's too much....

I really need to get one but i have nothing to mount a wheel onto either which will make it hard.....

I'll stick with the pad for now and just keep trying.

China was VERY frustrating though, sometimes i'd carry the perfect speed into that first never ending corner, but others i'd brake too much and then have to try and speed up, or i'd just go too fast :D

That's what i like about it though, even with annoying glitches i still want to keep playing and getting better at it!!

The "Suggested" cornering line is next to useless though, if you brake when they say too 9/10 you will run wide and go too fast.

Chris Doughty
29-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I completely agree Nick,

I've got my controller setup like a radio and im pretty good and driving smooth.

China's decreasing radius corners were shocking, appauling track!

sldmodels
29-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I'd say console has to be better every time, unless you've got a top of the range pc.

wacattack
29-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I completely agree Nick,

I've got my controller setup like a radio and im pretty good and driving smooth.

China's decreasing radius corners were shocking, appauling track!

I really like China, I came 3rd in the race in the Lotus.

Monaco is absolutely fantastic, it is so intense

Lee Martin
29-09-2010, 12:39 PM
monaco is damn hard!!!! i havent had a front win last more that 9 laps yet!

ill be online with Xbox soon.... need to check on my user name... .

think its leemartinuk

wacattack
29-09-2010, 12:48 PM
monaco is damn hard!!!! i havent had a front win last more that 9 laps yet!

ill be online with Xbox soon.... need to check on my user name... .

think its leemartinuk

The good thing about Monaco is that there are quite a few things scattered about the track that act as a good braking point marker, once you find them you'll find some consistency

Chris Doughty
29-09-2010, 01:15 PM
The good thing about Monaco is that there are quite a few things scattered about the track that act as a good braking point marker, once you find them you'll find some consistency

very true, a lot of the 'new' style tracks don't have any brake markers that are of any use! :S

i also did OK in CHina, but hitting the brake marker at the end of the looong back straight was tough, but I finished 2nd in my williams behind crash-kid

wacattack
29-09-2010, 03:08 PM
If anyones interested my xbox is ID is wacattack99

Richard Lowe
29-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Have any of you lot noticed the AI doing bizzare things? The more I play the more their times seem totally random.

The first 2 races of the career I did with the AI set to Pro, was a couple of seconds ahead of second place in qually and won both races by about a minute and a half (:lol:). With no difficulty setting changes for the third and fourth races the AI was 2-3 seconds ahead in qualifying and the best I could manage in China was 17th!

The AI's pitlane behavior in general is mental! Entering the pitlane for my stop in China I slowed right down for the tight left hander after the big bump doing 30 or so, Liuzzi came belting in at full chat, took the corner flat out turning into a ghost going through me, then calmly slowed for the limiter line. Then just to add to the confusion I was warned for 'illegal blocking' :eh?:
Things like this are starting to really put me off the game, you can almost guarantee if you are racing someone you will lose at least 10 seconds in a stop - purely on their pit entry and exit.

Also half of the time on 50% race distance some cars don't bother stopping at all :(

PaulUpton
29-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Am getting annoyed with it too, spun in monaco, not the easiest place to turn around and got 3 5 place penalties for illegal blocking.

and caused collision warning is just the norm now, even get it when someone hits me :thumbsup:

DaSloth
29-09-2010, 08:09 PM
they also dont seem to have added the extra steering lock for monaco which is a little silly, that lowes hairpin is soooooooooo slow!

Robocop
29-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Mine for some reason keeps stopping for a second then carries on starting to wind me up i will wait for a patch if nothing il bin it just spoils the game

PaulRotheram
29-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Seen the clips on you tube and it has 100% won me over! Taking in a few games to trade tomorrow and should hopefully have it!

Xbox tag : Paul870

Hopefully the above problems with be sorted with a patch, sooner rather than later!

ashleyb4
29-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I had a go at my mates house the other night i was actually rather impressed.

A

telboy
29-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm currently running in pro mode with the AI on 'legend'
For some reason it seems a bit more realistic.

I've gone from struggling to qualify 24th every race, to having a more realistic quali of between 18 and 22 depending on track, which is more true to life for the Virgin car.
Also the AI car don't seem to do as many odd manouvers and defend their position a bit more realistcly.

But this game gets soooo much better the more you play it. It's still bloody hard with the TC turned off, and I need to get a steering wheel and pedals soon.

Nick Goodall
29-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I've just gone through this thread and added everyone that's given their Xbox Live ID - Hopefully see you online soon

Richard Lowe
29-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Seen the clips on you tube and it has 100% won me over! Taking in a few games to trade tomorrow and should hopefully have it!

Xbox tag : Paul870

Hopefully the above problems with be sorted with a patch, sooner rather than later!
Don't do it yet! Wait to see what they do about patching the game and to what extent they change things. I'm about 5 races into my first season of the career mode and I'm about ready to give up, as it stands the AI's behavior ruins the game.

My team mate must have picked up a mushroom in the race I've just finished - exited the corner onto the pit straight side-by-side at the same speed, we hold station until the start/finish line where he hits the nitrous and pulls 10 car lengths on me by the first corner :eh?:

Then there's stuff like this...
w1JDHlmAPkw

And this...
OzM5r_w6GmA

And this...
gd8RKHvRLNM

I want my money back :(

chris brown
29-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Picked up a mushroom?
Took me a while to work out but thats funny.:thumbsup:

Gonky
30-09-2010, 10:18 AM
My 360 copy should arrive in the post today! :thumbsup:

What's people views/opinions on the online play of the game... how many people can you get into a race?

PaulUpton
30-09-2010, 10:27 AM
online game play is annoying as you just get people smashing you off the track :thumbdown:

Chris Doughty
30-09-2010, 10:37 AM
12 in a race, choose the 'grand prix' game type instead of the 'quick race' and you are more likely to find fans of F1 instead of people like Vettel who seem to race in the 'quick race' game type to smash people off

Gonky
30-09-2010, 10:42 AM
12 in a race aint too bad a number... some online racing games in the past have been let down by the tiny amount of people in a race.

Is there any damage in the online races or is it just a case of bumper cars from lights to flag?

Chris Doughty
30-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I think in general the damange model isn't great, I was expecting to see wheels and bits flying off everywhere, but it only seems to be wings...

the cars cenrtainly aren't as fragile as Lewis' McLaren :cry:

Jamie.T
30-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Ok, so my local Argos now has them in store for 34.79. I will be running it on my xbox using the standard controller.

After reading various conflicting reports, i am in 2 minds whether to buy it or not. What are your thoughts, is it worth the cash?

wacattack
30-09-2010, 12:17 PM
I think in general the damange model isn't great, I was expecting to see wheels and bits flying off everywhere, but it only seems to be wings...

the cars cenrtainly aren't as fragile as Lewis' McLaren :cry:

I must be thrashing the game a bit harder as Ive smashed into a wall that ripped the front wheel off and terminated my race. Was quite an impressive crash, mid impact the game went into slow motion and bits flew off everywhere.

I've also managed to flip Schumacher onto his roof :p

Chris Doughty
30-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I must be thrashing the game a bit harder as Ive smashed into a wall that ripped the front wheel off and terminated my race. Was quite an impressive crash, mid impact the game went into slow motion and bits flew off everywhere.

I've also managed to flip Schumacher onto his roof :p

wow, I guess I'm just not pushing hard enough...

Nick Goodall
30-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Ok, so my local Argos now has them in store for 34.79. I will be running it on my xbox using the standard controller.

After reading various conflicting reports, i am in 2 minds whether to buy it or not. What are your thoughts, is it worth the cash?

If you like F1, i think you'll love it!

There are a few glitches, and i know some people have experienced way more then others - I've only had a couple of small issues but nothing to worry about really....

There will be a patch in the next couple of weeks anyway so i'm sure it'll soon get sorted anyway.

It seems a lot of people are focusing on that right now, but when you step back and look at the first decent F1 game to ever come out on a Console (imo) it's bloody awesome.

Jamie.T
30-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the response Nick, ive just sent the Mrs down town to pick me up a copy. I would do it myself but a combination of just having dental work (filling) and being lazy tells me to stay indoors and let her do it. LOL

Im also on a day off today so will be online shortly. Ill add you (Nick) and all the other username's on this thread. Hopefully we can get a team oOple assembled.

DCM
30-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I just been hotlapping on this game.... very addictive.... don't think the kids are playing on the 360 tonight lol

DCM
30-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Tell you what, that Lotus ain't half fast when it got no front wing!! Game Bug?

Jamie.T
30-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Qualified third and finished first in my opening race at Bahrain in career mode. It's very addictive already.

Who's online later on for some racing?

Jamie.T
30-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Anybody feel free to add me. Xbox live I'd : jthomas1985

30-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Xbox gamertag: x TES Shaun x :thumbsup:

Nick Goodall
30-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Qualified third and finished first in my opening race at Bahrain in career mode. It's very addictive already.

Who's online later on for some racing?

You need to make it harder lol. I'll be online but not until about 10:30pm

sldmodels
30-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Got my copy tonight! 35 in Tesco. Might have a bit play later but got an assignment to finish for tomorrow, so unlikely till friday night :(

PaulRotheram
30-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Picked my copy up today, traded in 2 games and got f1 2010 for 20!
Started my season with a mild TC and racing line on, everything else off.
Started with a blinder at bahrain and then had a nightmare at melbourne after not being able to pull a lap together and finished last after spinning it out and habit a wing removed!

Game is stunning though! Graphics are amazing, car handles awesome and the responce to set up changes is quite gripping.
My major grieve at the moment is during quali the ai won't move over when your on a hot lap and they have just come out the pits, happens frequently too!
Other than that, not had any issues, beside a lack k talent on some occasions!

Xbox tag: Paul870

TryHard
30-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm currently running in pro mode with the AI on 'legend'
For some reason it seems a bit more realistic.

I've gone from struggling to qualify 24th every race, to having a more realistic quali of between 18 and 22 depending on track, which is more true to life for the Virgin car.
Also the AI car don't seem to do as many odd manouvers and defend their position a bit more realistcly.

But this game gets soooo much better the more you play it. It's still bloody hard with the TC turned off, and I need to get a steering wheel and pedals soon.

I've pretty much followed you, in that I've dropped it back to pro, but with the AI in legend. Before I was struggling to get off the back row, and not finish last in the lotus... with that, managed to race through to 14th (wet weather lending a hand, and perfectly timed switch to inters ;) )

Now in Sepang, managed to get into the Q2 session, although think I might now have to just accept that 15th is not gonna be acheivable on the grid! Damm that first race win... lol

Also, if your doing a long race weekend, turn the tyre modelling on... it really does work in that the first lap has the most grip, then it gets consistenly less... very noticeable going for that ultimate lap time in qualy, gotta get the first lap nailed! :woot:

A couple of corners are really tricky to get right on the pad, just need more precision... I can see myself plumping for the wheel on this one soon :s Shame I can't hook up my G25 to the 360 :(

But still massively addicitve, sod trying to get anything down tonight! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, gamer tag Uncle Ted 105 :D

telboy
30-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Me and shaun were looking for wheels today.....

....everywhere had sold out! due to the F1 game!!:o

I think it was more popular than they thought it would be.

PaulRotheram
01-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Had good fun with nick and doughty tonight, sorry I left swiftly, had to pick my girlfriend up and forgot!! :woot:

First night playing it, it's so hard to put consistent laps down time after time! Definately need alot more practice.

I thought the fuel realism was abit naff too, uber understeer every corner :(
I shall get some laps down over the weekend and post in the hotlap section, maybe we should do a track a week and have photo evidence?

lukehobson
01-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Terry, i have a spare Xbox 360 wheel set knocking around that i dont use. due to demand, lets say 1million? lol

ive been really enjoying this game, once you turn the difficulty up to an accurate level its a nice little challenge.

the online can be sketchy, but if you can navigate the first corner crash fest then your usually fine (reminds me of some other racing lol)

add me on xbox, C1uck Norris

luke

Gonky
01-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Got the game last night, really impressed with it and is definately something that will get better as you get more practice in with the car/tracks.

Didn't appreciate getting a drive through penalty in the race becasue someone hit me though! :confused:

Another thing, and this may just be me being stupid, my engineer was saying my team mate was faster and that maybe i should copy his set-up... can this be done as i couldn't find out how to do it... :cry:

Nick Goodall
01-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Got the game last night, really impressed with it and is definately something that will get better as you get more practice in with the car/tracks.

Didn't appreciate getting a drive through penalty in the race becasue someone hit me though! :confused:

Another thing, and this may just be me being stupid, my engineer was saying my team mate was faster and that maybe i should copy his set-up... can this be done as i couldn't find out how to do it... :cry:

You definitely can't copy their setup - think it's another glitch they're looking to fix!

DaSloth
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM
something else they need to fix; when you're out on slicks and it rains, you lose no grip (infact grip seems to up) until you go back to the pits.

little bit of a silly bug :( i like the graphics of the weather, but no need for silly mistakes like that...

telboy
05-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Myself and shaun went online for a few hours earlier.

Went on 'pole position'......
Valencia, we were just about hitting 1:45 consistently and could push to a 1:44/43...
The dude who got the fastest lap was 7-8sec faster than us!! Now, possible I know, BUT when we followed him round, he was all over the place and missed every apex, ran wide at most turns and was generally.....crap!, so how he managed to do that time I don't know. This happened the day before when we did a online grand prix, in quali the poleman got a 1:21!!:o yet come the race he couldn't keep up with any of us!??!:eh?:
Theres obviously a glitch during qualifying at valencia, anyone else witnessed it?

Also, it started off wet, really wet. we cam in the pits to change to inters from full wets, the sky changed, we go out, only for the track to be BONE DRY!! Eh? WTF
What happened to the track drying realistically? thought it was very naff indeed. No stopping rain but still a wet track, no drying line....just from wet with puddles, to dry and sunny.:thumbdown:

Other than that, we had quite a good night online. We chose to do the 'Endurance' races, the people were better drivers on that compared to sprint races. Once you get with a decent bunch you can race against them all night. very enjoyable.

Just waiting for more ooplers to go on now.

Nick, sorry for not joining your parties, you've been inviting me just as I'm finishing and coming off it.:blush: