PDA

View Full Version : MR-4BXF vs. BX Evolution "Prototype"

4times
19-09-2007, 04:52 AM
I saw all three mains from the Worlds on video...seemed like Masami's new Yokomo Evolution (or whatever they are calling it) was a little unsettled...quite the opposite of the smooth BXF.

Wouldn't making the top deck "one piece" make the buggy too stiff? It sure was bouncing around...while the Associated B44's looked pretty smooth over the bumps.

I just don't know if the changes were for the better....for now, I'm keeping my BXF. (not that i have a choice since they haven't released the new buggy yet...lol)

KennyClark
19-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Where did you get the video footage from?

I had a look on the Team Orion site but there was nothing on it.

4times
19-09-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=30675&page=7

Scroll down to almost the bottom and you can download all three A mains...they show up as links, not youtube widgets. Hope that works for you.

Zahir144
20-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and apologise if this has been asked already (i've searched and it doesnt seem to be) but does anyone know where i can get my hands on the new Yokomo BX "factory 2007" kits from within the UK? I know that RC Champ do them but have never ordered from there before! :confused:

Any help is much appreciated. :)

Zahir.

Eggyolkeo
21-09-2007, 05:31 AM
I'm unsure, but I'll tell you this. No one offers as prompt service as The Champ! Order Monday, you'll get it by Friday. His prices are good too, so don't be scared about going through them.

Everyone I know in Oz gets their Yoke parts from Champ.

Why don't you wait to see if/when they'll announce the Evolution version though?

Zahir144
21-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Yeah i think you're right about waiting for the 'evo' version, after e-mailing RC Champ last night about the price, i had an e-mail awaiting me this morning ( :o) , in which the order advisor referred to the 2007 factory kit having a 'discontinued price'.... including p&p the grand total was approx £260, a saving of around £75! But i think i'll wait for the newer kit...

Pretty much everybody i have heard comment on RC Champ only has good things to say about them! So i'll give them a go in the near future.

4times
21-09-2007, 01:33 PM
i'm not so sure the evo is going to be better...if the bxf is cheap, i would go ahead and get it.

they probably won't even release a newer evo version 'til after the first of the year....you can always sell your bxf then, if the evo turns out to be better.

Zahir144
21-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah very true, I'm not in much of a hurry to get a new 4wd because my local club are currently beginning the winter season indoors on carpet (no buggies), so i wouldnt be able to race it for another six months until the outdoor season begins again in April. But nonetheless i'm keen on getting background info on as many kits as i can, i dont wanna spend £300 on a kit without researching it! lol. Am i right in thinking that seeing as the off road Worlds have just finished, there will be a few more 'worlds edition' updates to a few of the existing buggies out there? I kno that Tamiya's 501X is to be released with a few more extras to signify the Worlds race.

Thanks.

4times
22-09-2007, 03:54 AM
if you're not racing for another six months, then wait before you buy. i'm sure there will be many different options available 6 months from now....like you said, there will probably be various "world's" versions and/or updated editions of the many available 4wd buggies.

Eggyolkeo
28-09-2007, 09:44 AM
For the Aussie market, I would say the Evo sounds like quite a big improvement. Anything that helps seal te rear diff would be the difference for me.

My BX would DNF about 1 in 3 races due to lose clay getting caught under the belt on the teeth of the diff gear. Unsure the details, but if Yokomo has addressed that to some degree (which I've heard is the case) then it's better for Oz.

Unsure if that as big an issue in other markets.

Shadow
12-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Until the Evo comes out eggyolkeo, you can always try my Shadow Antichoke BX Diff covers :).. available via paypal at www.teamadrenaline.net (http://www.teamadrenaline.net).

You can get the low down here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132990&page=8

For the Aussie market, I would say the Evo sounds like quite a big improvement. Anything that helps seal te rear diff would be the difference for me.

My BX would DNF about 1 in 3 races due to lose clay getting caught under the belt on the teeth of the diff gear. Unsure the details, but if Yokomo has addressed that to some degree (which I've heard is the case) then it's better for Oz.

Unsure if that as big an issue in other markets.

dummy
14-10-2007, 04:44 AM
anybody have an idea why the team at the worlds was using associated springs, b4 hubs, and b4 cvd's instead of the yokomo one's?

albertobdq
14-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm just wondering...

Maybe most of the drivers know better Asso springs and that helps to share setups

CVD are said to be better over relativelly flat surfaces.

B4 hubs... ??

Garry Driffill
12-01-2010, 07:39 PM
When i view online streaming video, or when browse myspace or yahoo chat...I checked the cpu temp and they are all fine, I ran a virus check, nothing showed, I have a fan blowing into the computer as well....any ideas?? its driving me nuts.......... unlock iphone 3g (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqtVpplUYLQ)

:confused: