PDA

View Full Version : Winter Warmer Series 2010/11 RD 1 - Sunday 03 October - EPR

brookie
26-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Here we go again! - The 'official' thread!

As the title says, the opening round, Round 1 (of 6) of the Winter Warmer Series 2010/11. As per usual the series will cater for both 2WD and 4WD 1:10 electric off-road buggies as well as Stadium Trucks and Short Course trucks, local interest suggests that we will get enough entries of both truck classes, we may well have to split them up!

As this thread infers to be held at Eden Park Raceway off-road facility(check out details here: http://www.edenparkraceway.com/dates.htm) on Sunday 03 October 2010. Please note recent changes to tyre restrictions!

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early! The track has near neighbours which we do not want upset by excessive early noise, thank you!
Have confirmed that the on-site cafe will be open from approx. 08:30, providing a selection of hot & cold food, drinks and snacks, with their now highly recommended sausage baguettes!

See you all there, watch out for further announcements and confirmation of race fees etc.

EPR Committee

Gnarly Old Dog
27-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Yea!
Round 1 this sunday and the weather is promising to be really special :cry:

Can't wait though and rumour has it that even more of us Essex boys may even risk the trip south of the border - if they let us in that is!

See you all there on Sunday:thumbsup:

GRIFF55
27-09-2010, 09:19 PM
does it honestly give good weather???? Will there be enough time between heats if you(i) decide to do 2 and 4wd classes?

Gnarly Old Dog
27-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Depends on what you break Griff and how quick you are at wrenching :woot:
Seriously though it can be manic running two classes but some people do it - and keep on doing it.
The worse thing I did last year was throttle my 2WD over the big tabletop after just finishing my SCT heat - can't quite adjust the thumbs these days...

GRIFF55
27-09-2010, 09:41 PM
one more thing, are there any decent premier/days/holiday inns or travel lodges nearby please?:thumbsup:

liam
28-09-2010, 04:06 PM
holiday inn croydon looks the closest

premier inn is also in croydon

travel lodge caterham about 8 miles away

go for the cheapest of them but parts of croydon are R.A.F (no worse than newport)

theirs bound to be b&b's closer and cheaper tho

tymill
28-09-2010, 11:38 PM
one more thing, are there any decent premier/days/holiday inns or travel lodges nearby please?:thumbsup:

This inn is literally a couple of hundred metres from the track - and the Toby carvery in the same buiding is a great value too..

http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/lodgedetail.asp?lid=7

looks like the pricing is similar to the brands you're looking for at about £60.

Cheers,
Ty

MattADH
29-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Local search of B&Bs using the track's postcode:

http://www.bedandbreakfasts.co.uk/propertysearch.asp?query=BR3%203SR&dist=&force=&nomap=

jaywestwood
30-09-2010, 06:07 PM
is there gna be a shop trackside for tyre's etc??

mw02veg
30-09-2010, 06:09 PM
rather looking forward to this!!

mikeyscott
30-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Wish I was heading up, but I need time out so no racing this week or the next.. So fingers crossed for November at EPR!

mw02veg
30-09-2010, 06:23 PM

I am sure Mr 'O' Foams will be there Sunday and he will have tyre's and inserts with him.:thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
30-09-2010, 06:26 PM

I'm hoping to go and will have Tyres with me but it all depend if I can get a lift! I have a broken ankle and can't drive for a few weeks :(

Anyone coming past hitchin on your way???:blush:

mw02veg
30-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Weather is looking good on metcheck

:woot:

jaywestwood
30-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Weather is looking good on metcheck

:woot:
you call rain good???

MHeadling
30-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Have a good meeting lads! I'm racing at Brands, rain on Sunday! That will fun on the bike! Rc is far safer!!

brookie
01-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Just to re-iterate details posted earlier and in other threads, especially the request for details of drivers that have not raced at EPR before:

'We have a work party on Saturday from 10.30am - all help is very appreciated. The track will be laid out to save time on Sunday morning.

Venue will open at 8.00am, track open and booking in at 8.30, first heat on the line at 10am.

Four rounds and a final for all.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send through driver info if you havent raced with us before:

Full name
Formula (2011)
Crystals/2.4GHz
BRCA number
PT number
etc

Thanks, EPR Committee'

HKP
01-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Just call my naaaaaammeeee, I'll be there! The smiling, happy face in race control ;)

Now shall I run my outlaw SC truck??

David Church
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed today! Thanks Matt for making me go!!! Nice to see Belston there:thumbsup:
Finished 3rd, very happy with that! Thanks to james for running flat out into Langdon when he was gridding up for the final, another point for me, haha, and thanks to Mr Carter for his moisture failure, another point for me!!!
Drive of the day.....Tony E, your kyosho looked good on the track!!! Shame the shell is kak!!!:p
Thanks to EPR for even running a meeting today!!!:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
03-10-2010, 03:32 PM
How many people attended? Any torch lot?

David Church
03-10-2010, 03:44 PM
How many people attended? Any torch lot?

Don't know if any TORCH were there but must have been at least 50 drivers:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Don't know if any TORCH were there but must have been at least 50 drivers:thumbsup:

I'll just have to wait for the results..

spindles69
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Enjoyed todays racing (apart from the wet stuff):(.
Good to see the essex boys being well presented:thumbsup:.
Well done to a fellow kyosho driver Tony for placing the RB5 second in the "A".
Bring on round two to hopefully climb the leader board a bit.
Thanks to the"gnarly old dog" mr carter for telling us about the series:).
See you all at round two.

Belsten
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
thanks to all at epr for an enjoyable days racing, shame about the wet stuff but I still enjoyed myself :thumbsup:

mw02veg
03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
should of got out of bed really :bored:

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:22 PM
thanks to all at epr for an enjoyable days racing, shame about the wet stuff but I still enjoyed myself :thumbsup:

Thinking about that new bit Rude Bits is gonna market eh??? The one with the oscilating t****e eh????? Place your order now eh!!! Good job Bavid:D

Belsten
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
should of got out of bed really :bored:

I missed you Lucas

Thinking about that new bit Rude Bits is gonna market eh??? The one with the oscilating t****e eh????? Place your order now eh!!! Good job Bavid:D

Ooooh yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. You`ve had hours now mate you should of updated your signature on here with all that stuff you had off me today

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Hows this???

Belsten
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Top man :thumbsup:

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Top man :thumbsup:

I am the bollocks team driver!!! I am gonna PRO-Mote you way uphigh dood!!!!

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I even got Ellis on board, gave him some glue so he is now a Nuclear driver as well!¬!

mikeyscott
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Who won and any pics?

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I won 3rd place

MattADH
03-10-2010, 06:46 PM

Total entries was 52 after a couple of late arrivals!

Not bad considering the terrible forecast although I know we were lucky with the weather on the day.

Thanks for all who came and hope to see you next month...

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Total entries was 52 after a couple of late arrivals!

Not bad considering the terrible forecast although I know we were lucky with the weather on the day.

Thanks for all who came and hope to see you next month...

Your welcome!!!:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
03-10-2010, 06:49 PM
I won 3rd place

With the 511?

I hope to be there next month :)

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:50 PM
With the 511?

I hope to be there next month :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GRIFF55
03-10-2010, 06:52 PM
nice!!! who beat ya?

David Church
03-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Big air and broken foot Lee haha

GRIFF55
03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
broken foot and big air? they sound like a pair of indians!!:woot::lol:
how about 2wd?

David Church
03-10-2010, 07:04 PM
broken foot and big air? they sound like a pair of indians!!:woot::lol:
how about 2wd?

Kit Jones won, Tony Rubbish shell Evdoka 2nd, Big E 3rd after a bad place to crash when winning final

Belsten
03-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I even got Ellis on board, gave him some glue so he is now a Nuclear driver as well!¬!

Everyones at it, Nuclear RC stuff is the business :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
03-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Big air and broken foot Lee haha

Nice one.

Welshy40
04-10-2010, 05:48 AM

Same here, shame about the rain. Still quite impressed on the strength of the 511 but could be stronger. Great day out.

RudeTony
04-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Drive of the day.....Tony E, your kyosho looked good on the track!!! Shame the shell is kak!!!:p
Thanks to EPR for even running a meeting today!!!:thumbsup:

Eh??
Whats up with the shell?
I think it looks lovely.......
pic here so you can re-evaluade!!!!

Thanks EPR - weather or not, another great day.....

http://www.rudebits.co.uk/images/myphotos/te22.jpg

liam
04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Good days racing, some rear traction would have been nice but the XX was only 5 places away from the A final :thumbsup:

Next time ill have my secret weapon to hand :o

brookie
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Same here, shame about the rain..... Great day out.

Aw c'mon guys give us a bit of a break:(
After two long work party's by the regular EPR crew (thanks guys:thumbsup:, you know who you are!) we think the track looked great for this time of year:woot:
An innovative track lay-out by our guest track designer (thanks Gnarly, that's one less thing for us to think about! Maybe we should have a guest layout designer for each meeting? Any thoughts!)

And despite some very heavy weather the previous day/night and a very poor forecast for race day we still provided unlimited practise, three rounds of qualifying and one final for everybody before we had to call it a day due to safety concerns and equipment failure :thumbdown:

Maybe with hindsight and the same weather forecasting facilities available to the F1 teams (!) we may have been able to call a rain delay as it was a lovely afternoon after you'd all gone and we had packed up!
But hopefully a slighter earlier finish was appreciated by our more well travelled entrants, thanks for coming David!

Here's hoping for more favourable conditions at our next one, the date for your diaries is Sunday 07 November:thumbsup:

EPR Committee

Belsten
04-10-2010, 09:10 PM
I must say it was a great days racing and the epr crew did an awesome job with the track and to get away early was an even bigger bonus. Thoroughly enjoyed, the track, the company, the hospitality and the racing, you cant ask for more than that :thumbsup: Well done boys, despite the 6 hour round trip, I will be back for another, thanks :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
04-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Good days racing, some rear traction would have been nice but the XX was only 5 places away from the A final :thumbsup:

Next time ill have my secret weapon to hand :o

Another XX doing well at EPR :) awesome!

liam
05-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Of topic but whats the general "rule" on people lapping you. Pull over and let them pass? Its not racing if you let them pass on purpose I think

MattADH
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Results are now online through the link on www.edenparkraceway.com

justaddmud
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I Had a fun day, first race in a 4wd buggy (3rd ever race off of carpet)

if i hednt of died (better waterproffing in future) would have won the B Final and even my stock ish slash did well

love the track, i felt it 'rubbered in' as the day went, had lots more grip in the final

will be back in nov, hopefully with my new sc10 to replace the slash

keep up the good work and thanks for a good day

Ian

noobie
05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi guys

Hope I'm posting this in the right thread, but I too came along to the winter warmer just gone, and thought the track the people and the general vibe there were all really good. As an unknown person who came along to watch with a view to hopefully joining up at EPR in the not so distant future, was made to feel welcome and had a good little chat with a couple of guys there (hence know about this site and thread).

My other reason though for writing here, is more for some advice around which car I should get to race with at the EPR, have got a 1/10th and 1/8th set up, which am currently trying to flog on ebay so I can invest in a better competition buggy. (have a hopped up 2wd slash coming this week which will cover me in the short course class, but would like a 2wd buggy as well).

Steve was saying that most of you guys run the b4 or the b4.1 and have been doing me research since race day. Like the look of the b4.1 factory team kit, however may have to go for the RTR version, as don't think will have too much funds left to invest in the electrics after :(. however torn as am guessing that all the upgraded hopped up parts in the factory team version are ones that i'm ultimately going to need.....oh the dilemma :bored:

Other than the b4 and b4.1's are there any cars you guys would recommend?

Many thanks all :)

tiny tom
05-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Well there are a few cars on the market for 2wd, and I race the b4 which is a very easy car to setup and drive. The spares car quite cheap, but the over cars on the market are inboard motors. Maybe might be worth asking down at the track to have a go of one to see if you like it?

MattADH
05-10-2010, 05:47 PM
My other reason though for writing here, is more for some advice around which car I should get to race with at the EPR, have got a 1/10th and 1/8th set up, which am currently trying to flog on ebay so I can invest in a better competition buggy. (have a hopped up 2wd slash coming this week which will cover me in the short course class, but would like a 2wd buggy as well).

Steve was saying that most of you guys run the b4 or the b4.1 and have been doing me research since race day. Like the look of the b4.1 factory team kit, however may have to go for the RTR version, as don't think will have too much funds left to invest in the electrics after :(. however torn as am guessing that all the upgraded hopped up parts in the factory team version are ones that i'm ultimately going to need.....oh the dilemma :bored:

Other than the b4 and b4.1's are there any cars you guys would recommend?

There are some very good RTR models out there that with a few subtle mods, can work really well. Dependent upon your budget, you can buy an RTR model with brushless motor/speedo and 2.4GHz radio.

The B4.1 is an evolution of the successful B4 and so you may be able to pick up the older model at a good price. The majority of the parts are interchangeable and with a good club allegiance to the Associated brand, spares trackside are not an issue.

Other cars to consider of course are the Schumacher Cougar SV, Losi XXX-CR, Tamiya TRF201, Kyosho RB5, X Factory X-6...

My suggestion would be to keep an eye on the For Sale section here and maybe pick up a used example with some spares that should leave you some money to buy the radio equipment, etc.

noobie
05-10-2010, 05:51 PM
thanks for the responses guys :) think my budget all in should be around the 200 mark,so the b4.1 all in fits perfectly, of course need my other cars to sell 1st tho :/

Really like the look of the cougar, budget tho constrains me a tad, will have a gander at the others you mentiond tho, cheers.

brookie
05-10-2010, 07:26 PM
As others have said, unlike in recent years, there's now an increasing choice in the 2WD market.:thumbsup:

One of the best new deals at the mo is this one:

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_info.php?products_id=7459

which, if you want to go mid-motored at a later stage you can always convert into the proven:

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_info.php?products_id=7459

However, if you're on a budget, and yours is more than reasonable, as well as the For Sale section on here there are often EPR members that have equipment (radio etc., as well as buggies) for sale which we may know the history of (always advisable!) and can advise you on.
Always best to ask locally first and foremost both for recommendations and availability.

Belsten
05-10-2010, 08:45 PM
that is an absolute bargain :thumbsup:

xtreme-rc
05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
hi guys,
now the nitro racing is over for the year we will be back to epo!!!looking forward to the next round as its been along time since we have raced at the club and also looking forward to meeting up with old friends.
ed and les

HKP
05-10-2010, 09:19 PM
As I'm going to be concentrating on Short Course this winter (Outlaw baby!) My B4.1 might be for sale noobie. This is the wrong thread really, so PM me for details!

p.s. I loved the track layout.. I thought it was fun to drive, easy to marshall and the lap times were about right too. I'd vote to run that layout again, if only for the twin table tops :)

Belsten
05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
totally agree Tom only for when im there next though :lol: Still struggle with it and need more practice :thumbsup:

David Church
06-10-2010, 05:31 AM
hi guys,
now the nitro racing is over for the year we will be back to epo!!!looking forward to the next round as its been along time since we have raced at the club and also looking forward to meeting up with old friends.
ed and les

It will be nice to see you guys there:thumbsup:

Welshy40
06-10-2010, 05:50 AM
p.s. I loved the track layout.. I thought it was fun to drive, easy to marshall and the lap times were about right too. I'd vote to run that layout again, if only for the twin table tops :)

Tom,

Raining it was but it was a great day out and the atmosphere was great as well. Thanks given to the epr helpers for the track layout as I enjoyed it.

HKP
07-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Are you coming down to the next one James? Fancy playing in truck with the big boys? :D

Good to see you too Dave, if you can make it, come down to another Winter warmer mate!

Hoping for drier weather next time, but EPR isn't too bad in the wet, and we had snow for two races last year, that certainly livens things up ;)

silky
07-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Of topic but whats the general "rule" on people lapping you. Pull over and let them pass? Its not racing if you let them pass on purpose I think

I would say as a general rule you use common sense! If you think the driver who is lapping you is quicker than you (which he/she probably is as he/she is lapping you!!!!) then you should let them pass. It will probably work out best for both you and the lapping driver, as you are not holding them up and you dont have the added pressure of someone quicker than you (which they probably will be) right behind you.

Thats my view anyway, there is no point ruining someone else's run because you want to race, as i really dont think you are really 'racing' the person who is lapping you, chances are they are lapping you for a reason..

If you show respect for the driver who is lapping you, they will show you respect back!

Belsten
07-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Will be down for another but not till the new year unfortunately, so much racing this winter way more than I thought there would be
Wish I lived closer as its an awesome venue, track and organisation :thumbsup:

liam
07-10-2010, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=silky;421109]...If you think the driver who is lapping you is quicker than you...then you should let them pass.....

Your right but Im also thinking if I dont let them pass and they stack it a couple of times them ill be in a position to overtake them!

Belsten
07-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Not really fella, if the average error costs 3-4 seconds with marshalling, thats a minimum of 5-7 errors on a normal lap, I say allow to pass at the earliest sensible opportunity :thumbsup:

liam
07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
..."earliest sensible opportunity"...

Im all for fair play and no dirty driving but surley if there faster then they will get passed anyway?

Seems like I kinda speed up and get better with lappers on my 4R5E!:eh?:

If your polite ill let you past if not Ill start my weaving techniques:woot: lol

David Church
08-10-2010, 03:36 AM
..."earliest sensible opportunity"...

Im all for fair play and no dirty driving but surley if there faster then they will get passed anyway?

Seems like I kinda speed up and get better with lappers on my 4R5E!:eh?:

If your polite ill let you past if not Ill start my weaving techniques:woot: lol

Haha, nice try Liam! Doesn't quite work like this, if you tried these tactics you will upset people and then be punted off the track many times:D