PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening over winter?

jcb
28-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi guys,

Well I've gone and got myself a car which I am waiting to arrive so I can build it up.

What are the plans for over the winter with regards to racing and any track maintenance?

racingdwarf
28-09-2010, 11:36 PM
see other post mate.

well come on man! spill the beans!!, what is the new beasty?:D

Are you a man? and gone 2wd:thumbsup:....or a girl guide with a 4wd:cry:

SimonW
08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Colchester club have built an Astro track and are holding a meeting on the 17th Oct, most of if not all of the More RC boys will be there and maybe myself and Carl, How about you JCB fancy a shot, only draw back is Stotty is on at the same time Rnd1 of their Winter series but there are more rounds, Colly is a 1 off i think unless they announce a winter series of their own, depends who turns up i spose.

No. 46
08-10-2010, 08:06 PM
The new track at colchester is nothing to do with the Colchester club which has run regionals in the past, it is a completely new track, club etc. information and photos can be found here http://www.facebook.com/pages/ARC-Racing/109486839106856?v=wall

jcb
09-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah I saw that, shame it's the same weekend as Stotfold which is where I'll be unless the weather forecast is yuk, then it'll be indoors at West Bridgeford.

Would be interesting to give it a go at some point I must admit, although I think you'd lose your car behind the track markings and having raced on a reasonable number of 1/8 tracks would hope it's not too bumpy as 1/8 scale bumps are undriveable with a 1/10.

Perhaps if another meeting is arranged that doesn't clash with Stotfold or West Bridgeford I'd pop along as trying is the only way of knowing. Only down side I can see is that you need your own PT, unless I miss read something.

No. 46
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
You don't lose your car behind the boards anywhere around the circuit other than the exit from the pitlane if you are standing at the farthest point away on the rostrum, but that should worry us 10th lads anyway.

As to bumps there aren't any real bumps as loads of good work has been done to the ground under the astro. There are only small bumps where the astro is overlapped so less than 10mm.

You will need an AMB compatible PT which is a bit of a downer but most people do have a PT, the handout transponders are stupidly expensive now and it just wasn't justifiable for the club to buy them.

Dufty07
10-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Well gurred it clashes with stotty , but as jcb said any other time me n simon will come down n have a go, if there is another chance, as long as it doesn't clash with the winter series at stotty..... or the last sunday of the month (nbc club day).....:thumbsup: track looks gr8 .....GOOD job guys, any chance of some better pics or video!!! :D

No. 46
10-10-2010, 07:12 AM
I will get some more pics and video when im there next week:thumbsup:

Benh
18-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Shame you boys couldn't make it down. Was a good days run. JCB is right about the markings but this only applies on a couple of sections of track. Having said that, if you're that close to the boards on those parts of the track - you deserve to lose sight of the car:lol:

Took us "astro" novices a couple of heats to get into the flow, but once on, it was great!:thumbsup:

Benh
18-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah -

Some footage of us clowing around in a "get footage practice session" ...... CLICKY (http://lawfordbuggyclub.myfastforum.org/ftopic3205-0-asc-30.php)

Dufty07
18-10-2010, 08:39 PM
well its exactly wot i thought it would be, Very big track, looks like fun though, knowin my luck I would loose the car and never find it again...........:eh?:
worth a visit i think, how many turned up in the end, Great day at stotty though, very greesy in d morn, drift car specials...... but grip improved with each round, Greens on all day till round 4 n finals, :thumbsup:

jcb
19-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Shame you boys couldn't make it down. Was a good days run. JCB is right about the markings but this only applies on a couple of sections of track. Having said that, if you're that close to the boards on those parts of the track - you deserve to lose sight of the car:lol:

Took us "astro" novices a couple of heats to get into the flow, but once on, it was great!:thumbsup:

You'll have to give us more notice next time there's a meeting on and if it doesn't clash with other commitments I'll pop along (hopefully I can borrow a PT from someone) as it looks like a good track to race round.

A bit on the large side as would be expected and looked a bit sandy but the jumps seem 1/10 friendly which is always a bonus and all looks really good on the video.

As for astro, it's all about practice, at Stotfold it was like racing on ice for the first few rounds then the grip came up loads. Although the astro at Stotfold looks different to ARC!

racingdwarf
22-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Hmmm... big track,big jumps better get the smelly loud car out:thumbsup: