PDA

View Full Version : xxx-CR

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Hello

Ive been wanting to try somethign new for a while now so now i have the cash ive decided to run full losi cars next year after a bit of persuation by stan the man!!!! lol its ace calling him that.

So i just want to know what brakes what upgrades should i get??? Anything i should do to it to make it handel better etc. Also what is with the brass bulkheads i dont know how many people run them but i know sleigh did is there a reason for that other than strength also where do you get them from??? Anything else i need to know??? Also can anyone suggest me a good starting setup for a grass track like Oswestry

A

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Anybody ideally want to order tomorow all help apreciated :(:(:(

A

matdodd
23-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Stan's car was a std car at the F3's! So just order the kit & spare whishbones, shock towers, rear pivot plate, rear pivot support, hubs & gear box case. That should do for spares then you just need springs & pistons.
Theres some good setups on here if you look around. as for the brass bulkhead they were made by PW so you would have to ask him! not many people had them.

bigred5765
23-09-2007, 09:15 PM
ash have loads of spares let over from when we ran the xxxcr

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 09:37 PM
So far ive got in my cart on losi parts house

CR kit
Ive got 2 pairs of rear wheels (carl ill have two pairs of fronts to lighten your load a bit)
Front Shock tower
Front arms
Front spindles and carriers
Rear shock tower
Rear pivot block
Rear arms
Red rear spring
Pink rear spring
Black front spring
Blue front spring
Green front spring
Pivot block front which i assume is front bulkhead
A pair of titanium ballstuds for rear tower stop them bending or snapping.
And some grey ballstuds

Oh and most importantf all a black losi t-shirt.

Anythign else???

A

losixxx
23-09-2007, 09:46 PM
ash im suprised you've gone losi, would have thought B4 & D4 would be your 2008 drive's eh phil ;) :D

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Whats phils drive got to do with me ???

A:wtf:

tyreman
23-09-2007, 09:49 PM
So far ive got in my cart on losi parts house

CR kit
Ive got 2 pairs of rear wheels (carl ill have two pairs of fronts to lighten your load a bit)
Front Shock tower
Front arms
Front spindles and carriers
Rear shock tower
Rear pivot block
Rear arms
Red rear spring
Pink rear spring
Black front spring
Blue front spring
Green front spring
Pivot block front which i assume is front bulkhead
A pair of titanium ballstuds for rear tower stop them bending or snapping.
And some grey ballstuds

Oh and most importantf all a black losi t-shirt.

Anythign else???

A

Yeah just a groveling letter to the customs officers not to sting you too hard on a parcel that big.

So much for supporting your local hobby stores, which you claim to do.

matdodd
23-09-2007, 09:50 PM
ash im suprised you've gone losi, would have thought B4 & D4 would be your 2008 drive's eh phil ;) :D

Nah Stan goes down Osfest ;)

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Im not copying stan he sent me this PM the other day tittled : Stan is god :D

-PM removed-

Im just getting a few bits from losi parts house now carl is sorting me out with spares one of my local shops.

A

tc2k
23-09-2007, 09:55 PM
If customs hit you on that, must be what, $270 at least, add 17.5% vat thats £25 at least and then parcelforce, could be a £45 charge on it, minimum.

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Cant wait now just cant decide about what shell to get. im not to keen on the std cr one.

A

matdodd
23-09-2007, 10:01 PM
........:o

matdodd
23-09-2007, 10:02 PM
O Ash Stan is God in his world :rolleyes:

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for all your help now ive just got to order it tommorow or tuesday night when ever i can be bothere or find time to go to the bank to put my moneys in. Then wait for mr post man and and then build it.

A

_sleigh_
23-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Coming soon to the For Sale section.... World Championship winning AE B4......

Good luck with the Losi 2WD... just remember it's not always the car that improves the results, its the practice, practice, practice.

As for the spares you need for the CR, I'd only say you'll need Diff rebuild kits (thrust & main plates) and front wishbones.

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the help phil i wish you all the luck with your b4 and d4.

Yea ive got a good reason now to practise more as i can practise with the new car and try to get used to it and to do some testing so in the process im also practsing.

Do you have to rebuild the diff alot??

A

_sleigh_
23-09-2007, 10:23 PM
This is a personal thing, but I heated the CR diff and I mean HATED....

In the end I opted to run a XX-4 steel diff in mine.

The main problem I found was the combination of the "brass" slip ring and the main diff ring produced to much slip unless you boll***ed it up tight. And I thought that the main diff plate was too thin and therefore "soft". I ended up replacing them quite regularly.

Try it and see how you get on.... then either try the XX4 steel diff, or simply dremel a flat on the CR diff halves and use the XX4 diff plates.

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh cool i might do that straight away. Save encountering diff problems in the middle of a meeting that would bea nightmare xx4 diff rings it is. How long did you drive for losi for phil?

A

ashleyb4
23-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Actually ive got a set of xx4 outdrives you give me phil would they work with xx4 diff rings then the cr hardware like the screw thrut race and the diff gear??

A

PaulRotheram
24-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Im not copying stan he sent me this PM the other day tittled : Stan is god :D

-PM removed-

Im just getting a few bits from losi parts house now carl is sorting me out with spares one of my local shops.

A

Re this edited post.

This post was merely a harmless private message, i had edited it due to these messages are called private for a reason.
Any misunderstandings misconceptions or assumptions are not needed as there was nothing wrong or bad in the message.

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 02:43 PM
yup understood that when you removed it paul. Thanks for just pointing it out to others.

So can anyone help me please with this diff buisness sleigh obviously doesnt liek them so can i used xx4 outdrives and diff rings and use the rest of the CR stuff or will i need diff screw and the xx4 thrust race????

Southwell
24-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I can see you getting hit pretty bad on customs, if you do it works out only a bit more than buying in the UK in the first place!

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 02:49 PM
well i paid 21 pound on my KO tranny from hong kong and i bought that for 180 currently my order is at 150 so i dont think it will be more than my tranny. And even if its 40 pound sit will still be cheaper than the UK as for 150 ive got quiet a few exstra's in there to such as my t-shirt and soem xx4 bits.

A

losichris
24-09-2007, 03:18 PM
ive been running a cr all summer and only broke 1 shock tower. they are very durable.
the only down side to a losi would be set-up. i just couldnt get the car to drive how i wanted it to.

tc2k
24-09-2007, 03:24 PM
well i paid 21 pound on my KO tranny from hong kong and i bought that for 180 currently my order is at 150 so i dont think it will be more than my tranny. And even if its 40 pound sit will still be cheaper than the UK as for 150 ive got quiet a few exstra's in there to such as my t-shirt and soem xx4 bits.

A

You got lucky then. Parts from Asia are for some reason alot less likely to get hit by customs, ive ordered from asia 4 times and even though the orders were ony £30 maximum, I never got hit. In the 2 parcels Ive got from the states, both were hit by customs and parcelforce. First was £50 and got hit for £17 customs/parcelforce and the second was £70 and got hit for £35 customs/parcelforce so I dont know how you only got £21 on your KO tranny, very odd

_sleigh_
24-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Opening discussing the in's and out's of possible Customs TAX dodging, probably isn't the best thing to be doing.

Support your LHS!!!!!

tc2k
24-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Opening discussing the in's and out's of possible Customs TAX dodging, probably isn't the best thing to be doing.

Support your LHS!!!!!

Whos discussing how to dodge customs?

_sleigh_
24-09-2007, 05:26 PM
ive ordered from asia 4 times and even though the orders were ony £30 maximum, I never got hit.

Ummmm you did :eh?:

perhaps not how to do it, but still....

Support your LHS is what I say....

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 05:56 PM
My local hobby shop doesnt stock losi parts or cars.

A:D

Southwell
24-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes of corse thats an excuse....England is a lot closer than the states....

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 06:04 PM
well when you are on the same sorta money im on ive got to last on about 25 pound a week. i try and save as much money as possible.

A

LEGEND
24-09-2007, 06:12 PM
25 pounds a week, i only get 15 quid and a fiver every other week.:( so consider yourself lucky.:p

losixxx
24-09-2007, 06:19 PM
£25 a week is more pocket money the wife gives me each week:D

tc2k
24-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Ummmm you did :eh?:

perhaps not how to do it, but still....

Support your LHS is what I say....

Im sorry but I dont know what your getting at, I said that US stuff is also alot more susceptable to customs so im discouraging it!

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok back on topic please. A few things???

What spur comes with the CR stock which is best for running brushed motors???

Also what gearing for a orion V2 12x2 and 19x1 motor and what the hell im bound to run it once a Peak v2 10x1

A

Slimboyfat
24-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Ash, I brought my XXX-cr from the states (just the kit). It worked out about £5 cheaper than if i had brought it from the UK plus it'll probably take about 2 weeks to get to you.....after shipping, customs, parcel delivery.

I would rather have paid the extra £5 and got it sooner in hindsite.

Matt

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh ok thanks matt i think i may get it from the UK sleigh you may have got your way.

Doom you have a PM well you will ina minute.

And matt will you be at kiddy on sunday?

A

Slimboyfat
24-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Ok back on topic please. A few things???

What spur comes with the CR stock which is best for running brushed motors???

A

kit comes with a 78spur. At Oswestry Regional I used a 19t Checkpoint on 26/78 and qual B-2 car was plenty quick enough.

Kopite
24-09-2007, 07:15 PM
depending on whether you run brushless, you might wanna get an 84t spur (purple), cos you'll struggle to get it geared right with such a small spur

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Im staying brushed for now stan i cant afford new car and brushless. So will a 78 be ok on brushed?

A

Kopite
24-09-2007, 08:02 PM
if you have the spare dosh, i'd probably get one anyway dude

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Possible i may be able to twist mums arm it would save me having to get my motors skimmed.

A

Kopite
24-09-2007, 09:10 PM
no, i meant the spur gear, not the whole brushless system :):):)

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I may get both lol.

A

bigred5765
24-09-2007, 09:42 PM
if ur runing brushless ull need a 84 or 86 is best to get the small pinions on

ashleyb4
24-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Stick us down for an 84 spur if you have one or a 86 if you havent then carl. I wouldnt mind a brushless hopfully ill be able to persuade mum.

A

ashleyb4
25-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Ive printed out the setup tips off the horizon site that richard taylor wrote liked here...

http://horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/eknowledge/eframes/eframeset.html

But if you look in the oversteer section it says run more rear tire how the hell do you run more rear tyre lol get a second pair and glue some extra bits on lol.

Its a good bit of help though should help me alot with both the CR and xx4

A:D

CraigM2610
25-09-2007, 05:33 PM
hi
if you want set up help i found this website very useful this website (http://users.pandora.be/elvo/)
click on set up guide
hope it helps

Craig

ashleyb4
25-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Will i need outdrive savers for the CR or are they stronger than the xx4 outdrives????? Or do they not break on the cr?

tyreman
25-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Will i need outdrive savers for the CR or are they stronger than the xx4 outdrives????? Or do they not break on the cr?

Steel diff in the XXXcr as standard

ashleyb4
26-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Cool.

I think companys should put mor info on there website about these thing like what it has like what size spur what drive shafts etc its all good to know.

A

ashleyb4
15-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Righty then im still waiting for my CR but ive got alot of my stuff ready ive got some tyres glue up on wheels a set of BB greens and a set of Shucmacher mini spikes, ive rewired my speedo with nice black wires so it looks ace lol and ive got a brand new 14x2 peak v2 to replace the one that broke on me so im just wondering what gearing do i need this 14 on think im getting a 86 tooth spur gear. So what gearing?????

A

tyreman
15-10-2007, 08:02 PM
78/27

ashleyb4
15-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh im going to need to buy some more pinions by the looks of it what about a 12x2 and a 19x1 please brian :)

A

tyreman
15-10-2007, 11:13 PM
12x2 - 25/78
19x1 - 31-32/78 thats what i ran a peak v2 19 turn on

ashleyb4
16-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks brian :cool:

A

nevens
16-10-2007, 11:20 AM
May be useful...

losixxx
16-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Righty then im still waiting for my CR gearing?????

A

how come your still waiting ash, there in stock at horizon!

ashleyb4
16-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Yea but it will be sent to doms house and dom wont be there to send it to me so it may be sitting in doms house or it could have been delivered there and there was knowone to collect it. Dont mind waiting really just wish i had it now i dont like running a car for the first time at a meeting i did that with my xx4 and i didnt finish hardly any runs.

A

froggie
16-10-2007, 02:44 PM
If running brushless YOU WILL NEED TO RUN THE 82 OR 86 I prefer the 82,but thats just my opion. As far brushed cant help. I live in america so cant really help you with setup but I run on large 1/8 track rutted and bumpy and loomy. As far as the diffs,I have never had a problem with mine I also run novak 4.5 and 5000mal lipo. I rebuild my diff about every 3 months or big race. My car also run for about 20 to 30 min on a pack. So diff gets heavily abused. You guy run alot different tracks then we run on but I use factory driver Jesse Robbers setup with a couple of little changes and works pretty good,cant say for high bite,we dont have any tracks around here that are.But if you like a link can send you a good one.

ashleyb4
16-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Ill be running old school brsuhed with 2wd dont relaly need the extra power as for setup ive had some help off someone with that its a little interesting though.

A

Robfo
16-10-2007, 03:50 PM
This thread has started to worry me, am i geared totally wrong? I only ever race my XXXCR in the winter at Worksop and as many indoor regionals as i can (ie not many) I've been running 21/78 with an LRP 12dbl on GP37's. I thought it was running fine and my results are ok but you lot are confusing me!
So am i miles off?

tyreman
16-10-2007, 06:24 PM
To be honest if it works for you then thats all that matters.
Every brand of motor acts differently thus why gearing's differ so much from brand to brand.

When I gear a motor I gear it to get maximum performance out of it, without compromise.

ashleyb4
16-10-2007, 08:40 PM
IM just going to listen to brian he runs v2's an all but one of my motors are v2's so yea.

A

ashleyb4
09-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Righty then hello all

Ive got h car and ive built it havent really looks at setup yet but mainly i want to know what gearing i should be running a 7.5 orion vortex on a 86 spur.

ive got soem nortec blue bling and im using the silky smooth nortec whities in th shocks.

The only problem i came across in the build was a small clicking in the gear box but that has gone now since ive put it all together and trying ot get the gear box in place. Other than that it was ace to build relaly enjoyed it.

Wouldlove to put some pictures up but dont have a camera.

Love this car even more than i thought i would almost love it more thanthe xx4 its so cute as it only seems small and the steering is so smooth and the diff and gear box i love it.:D:D:D:D

A

KevLee
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Righty then hello all

Ive got h car and ive built it havent really looks at setup yet but mainly i want to know what gearing i should be running a 7.5 orion vortex on a 86 spur.

ive got soem nortec blue bling and im using the silky smooth nortec whities in th shocks.

The only problem i came across in the build was a small clicking in the gear box but that has gone now since ive put it all together and trying ot get the gear box in place. Other than that it was ace to build relaly enjoyed it.

Wouldlove to put some pictures up but dont have a camera.

Love this car even more than i thought i would almost love it more thanthe xx4 its so cute as it only seems small and the steering is so smooth and the diff and gear box i love it.:D:D:D:D

A

Ash, I only ever ran a 6.5 in mine and ran it on 19x84. So i would suggest something like a 21/22 pinion on your 86. Others might have a better idea but i wouldn't imagine that would be far out.

Tom3012
09-11-2007, 10:14 PM
just on the point of supporting your local hobby shop... i buy all my stuff online be it fleebay, UK shops or america etc... my LHS is awful for car parts and they are suppose to be supporting our club :(

ashleyb4
10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks kev.

All wired up now just need to stick a pack in an try it now going down ot oz to try it.

A

ashleyb4
10-11-2007, 07:55 PM
One question meant to ask

On the pin that goes though the caster block and the steering knuckle are they meant to be longer than needed as there like 2mm longer than needed ????

A

KevLee
10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
One question meant to ask

On the pin that goes though the caster block and the steering knuckle are they meant to be longer than needed as there like 2mm longer than needed ????

A

Don't worry, thats normal.

ashleyb4
10-11-2007, 11:35 PM
gdgd its all sorta setup a few things to do in the morning ive tried to get the high rear ball stud as high as possilbe but now it catches on the wheel when the wishbones are above level. So need to change that.

only on thing im worried about is the weight as ive been told to use lead putty in the bulkhead but havent got round to gettign any so ive put 10gramms below the servo horn as far worward as possilbe. Still not sure of the diff may have to ask someone about that.

A

ashleyb4
11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow really enjoyed it today really imprssed by the car so much more tunable than the b4 it was a touch slow not su why but ill look into that.

A

Mr X
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
i got a xxx cr and im just wondering about the vla adjustement. what does it really do? i understand that when its in the inward position it is stiffer and when its in the outer position it is softer. i read some set up sheets and people run a inward rear vla and an outer front one. so just wondering what running it outward in the front does.

flipside
23-11-2007, 03:14 PM
It's a very weird thing. On high traction tracks, like carpet or astroturf, I always run long front and long rear. If you try short rear the car will be unstable (you need to adjust your spring/oil too when changing to short as it will make the suspension feel a lot stiffer!!!).

On low grip tracks especially when there is some loose stuff on it, I always run short front and short rear. It simply turns a lot better in these conditions, it feels like the car is on rails compared to long/long the car will slide over its 4 wheels and you need to start turning in a lot sooner to make the turn...

Next carpet race I will try long front and short rear for the last time, to see if I can get a good setup with it that has more steering than the long/long combo.