NitroArgi
08-10-2010, 11:50 AM
http://www.rchobbyathens.gr/gr/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/b4413.jpg

NitroArgi
08-10-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.rchobbyathens.gr/gr/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/b4411.jpg

NitroArgi
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
http://www.rchobbyathens.gr/gr/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/pressrelease_100710_b441.jpg

NitroArgi
08-10-2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.rchobbyathens.gr/gr/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/pressrelease_100710_b44.jpg

Jnunu1
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Now I know the B44 is "not pretty" but my word, what a hound this is! Hoepfully a Jconcepts shell will fit - i think they had better stock up!

It's not a hoax is it?

peetbee
08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
aaargh, my eyes, my eyes :cry:
why did they have to include that shell?!

area52
08-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Me like!

SHY
08-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Whoa! Look what the cat dragged in!!! :D

But knowing Associated, it probably works better... those boys don't play around...

But they won't sell more cars with those looks, that's for sure! :p

You'll probably gain a couple of positions just by "mentally disturbing" your competitors! :woot:

stegger
08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I didn't like these shells at first :eh?: but they've grown on me, looks like a stealth bomber :thumbsup:

peetbee
08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
You'll probably gain a couple of positions just by "mentally disturbing" your competitors! :woot:

Very true :lol:

Big G
08-10-2010, 12:59 PM
the aerial mount point is a good move imo.
I always found the aerial got caught on the wing or a wheel during a roll when mounted in the original place.

Richard Lowe
08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Hopefully a Jconcepts shell will fit - i think they had better stock up!
It is a JC shell :p

The JConcepts B44 Hi-Flow shell will fit too if you want something a bit more 'old skool' :)

silky
08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I want one, just for the shell! :thumbsup:

James
08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I think it looks pretty cool actually!
Bradders car looked good with the new shell on..

peetbee
08-10-2010, 01:38 PM

So will we see you running one of these shells then Rich?

Chequered Flag Racing
08-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Looks like they copied the PL Bulldog for the B4.1

Richard Lowe
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
So will we see you running one of these shells then Rich?
I'm still waiting for a certain someone to paint the shells I wanted to use at the 2009 Clash last December! So maybe in a couple if years I'll be rocking a Punisher :lol:

I was planning on sticking with the Scoopless next season but after seeing Bradders' car in person I might change my mind, the shell looks really cool up close :)

ApexSpeed
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Looks like they copied the PL Bulldog for the B4.1

It's the other way around. The Jconcepts body was out first.

Stu
08-10-2010, 03:48 PM
..... I might change my mind, the shell looks really cool up close :)

Rich,
I beleive Jason personally loves those cab forward shells. :eh?:

area52
08-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Some call them ugly but I really like the new JC shells. And I like that AE updated the B44!

/tobys
08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I think it looks ace :thumbsup:

Thomas P
08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Love the lid, i only need the Motormount, then i have a B44.1 :)...

mof
08-10-2010, 07:32 PM
JC Punisher is the shit. Lovely. :wub

Col
08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
JC Punisher is the shit. Lovely. :wub
I believe you've made a grammatical error. I think you meant this:

JC Punisher is shit.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Belsten
08-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Im liking it and bradders` shell did look really nice in the flesh

Bungleaio
08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Certainly seems to be a marmite shell, personally I think it looks great.

discothesnake
08-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I think the shell looks crackin!! I think i only need the v2 shocks and rear alloy hubs and and i have one!! If it looks as good as the b4.1 then it'll be great. Just finished building mine and will be testing it on Sunday.

TonyM
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I bought the new motor mount set when it first came out a couple of months ago. Since then I have had two of the motor cams (#9803) crack straight through. When you look at it there is very little metal on the edge of the cam. I sent an email to AE support some weeks back notifying them of this but I’ve had no response so far.

The concept is great, but it looks as though the design/quality is not up to it. Perhaps being a lesser driver I give the gear a bit more of a stress test than the F1 guys.:yawn:

I’ve also been using the V2 shocks for a while now and they are a doddle to build/bleed compared to the old ones. I would say that they are definitely better than the Losi shocks as there is no cartridge lid to pop off as mine have occasionally done in the past.

P.S. That has to be the worst looking shell on the planet - it would look good at the head of a funeral cortege.

mof
09-10-2010, 04:23 AM
I believe you've made a grammatical error. I think you meant this:

JC Punisher is shit.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

No, I meant what I said. :p

Kiixx
09-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Does anyone here know exactly what they changed ? , and yes it look like the PL Bulldog, not pretty, but most likely allowing more cooling to the motor and esc.

nitrokillah
09-10-2010, 08:13 AM
can someone please elaborate on this :
" Revised carbon-fiber LiPo-specific chassis provides increased ground clearance " ... I don't mean to Jinx it . but I wouldn't have thought that BS was a part of Associated's Selling points ...

c0sie
09-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Shell looks fecking lush <3

Jnunu1
09-10-2010, 02:47 PM

The JConcepts B44 Hi-Flow shell will fit too if you want something a bit more 'old skool' :)

Hi - didnt read the spec! :blush: Get a scoopless on it!:thumbsup:

_JP_
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I didn't like that shell, but as people say the more I see the more I like :thumbsup:

looks the dogs from the side, imho :)

stegger
09-10-2010, 05:23 PM
can someone please elaborate on this :
" Revised carbon-fiber LiPo-specific chassis provides increased ground clearance " ... I don't mean to Jinx it . but I wouldn't have thought that BS was a part of Associated's Selling points ...

" Revised carbon-fiber LiPo-specific chassis " i get this but not " provides increased ground clearance " :confused:
or is it because of the weight of the cells being lighter it will sit higher "

discostu
09-10-2010, 05:50 PM
it looks like the car is more different than just the shell motor mount and shocks

internal ratio b44.1 = 2.6 (b44 = 2.5)
length b44.1= 377 (b44 = 370)
wheelbase b44.1 = 276 (b44= 280)

obviously there will be a redisned chassis no slots etc.

the car looks pretty good though

all we need to know is how much is it and when can we get them.

stu:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ong
10-10-2010, 12:48 AM
At first look doesn't seem different ... lets see...team associated play to win.

NitroArgi
10-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Features

Revised carbon-fiber LiPo-specific chassis provides increased ground clearance
New Heavy Duty 3.5mm thick carbon-fiber front shock tower
Factory Team 0º aluminum rear hubs with oversized outer bearing
Ball differentials with lightweight outdrives
Factory Team V2 hard-anodized threaded shock bodies with bleed-screw caps
V2 slipper assembly with high-rate spring for more consistent slipper clutch adjustments
Factory Team blue aluminum cam motor mount set
JConcepts Punisher body with protective chassis undertray included
CVA joints with pin retainer clips
Pro-Line M3 Holeshot 2.0 tires, front and rear
Carbon-fiber battery straps with blue aluminum thumb screws
Blue titanium turnbuckles
Complete set of precision ball bearings
Factory Team blue aluminum servo mounts, shock bushings, shock pivot balls, wheel spacers, and much more!

The only thing that worries me the most is the retail price that is up to $600!!! That is NOT cheap...:(

markwilliamson2001
10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Well apart from the rear hubs, and thicker front shock tower, and that UGLY shell, doesn't appear to be a lot different from my b44. I was going to get those rear hubs anyway....

Oh well, dont change a good recipe.

Dont understand the chassis comment either, how can a flat piece of carbon have more ground clearance. Otherwise they might have made it slightly narrower to allow for more clearance during roll perhaps!

Ong
10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
maybe the front end and rear end changed ,the chassis appears to be the same...
can anyone tell me if the new v2 shocks are good?

stegger
10-10-2010, 12:46 PM
can anyone tell me if the new v2 shocks are good?

Easier to build/rebuilt, easier to matchup and they won't blow out like the older shocks :thumbsup:

c0sie
10-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Easier to build/rebuilt, easier to matchup and they won't blow out like the older shocks :thumbsup:

+1
The new shocks are brilliant :)

frefon
10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
hi,
The B44.1 is longer than B44 (377 for B44.1 and 370 for B44) but whellbase is shorter (B44. 1 276 and B44 280). Wath is different on the car:confused:

TonyM
10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
There's not a lot on the list that is new moving from V1 to V2. Main differences shocks, Motor Mount, slipper assembly. Comments on the list below.

Features

Revised carbon-fiber LiPo-specific chassis provides increased ground clearance
New Heavy Duty 3.5mm thick carbon-fiber front shock tower
Factory Team 0º aluminum rear hubs with oversized outer bearing
Ball differentials with lightweight outdrives (same as V1?)
Factory Team V2 hard-anodized threaded shock bodies with bleed-screw caps
V2 slipper assembly with high-rate spring for more consistent slipper clutch adjustments
Factory Team blue aluminum cam motor mount set
JConcepts Punisher body with protective chassis undertray included
CVA joints with pin retainer clips (same as V1?)
Pro-Line M3 Holeshot 2.0 tires, front and rear (same as V1?)
Carbon-fiber battery straps with blue aluminum thumb screws (same as V1?)
Blue titanium turnbuckles (same as V1?)
Complete set of precision ball bearings (same as V1?)
Factory Team blue aluminum servo mounts, shock bushings, shock pivot balls, wheel spacers, and much more! (same as V1?)
The only thing that worries me the most is the retail price that is up to $600!!! That is NOT cheap...:(

Thomas P
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
But do not forgett the Length,and Wheelbase...

4mm shorter WB will propp be amaizing on this car...

I do not think they need to change to much, just little :D

EDIT: 600 retail, often it is half...in the stores :)

spiro
12-10-2010, 05:30 AM
TowerHobbies has it listed at $369, and that's their starting point at launch. Cut 10-15% after the first three months of sales and you're at the normal level. My guess is a pretty worldwide retail of $320 by springtime.

NitroArgi
13-10-2010, 09:56 AM
And let's not forget that the $$$ will be cheaper by the end of the year!!! :p

skyaflake
13-10-2010, 11:37 AM
I think the price will be around $330 by the end of the year. The B44 will be dumped (just like the B4) and prices will go very low so you could also buy a B44 if you want to save some money. I heard that the motor mount (the "can") is not that good and the rest are just minor updates.

I currently am still driving the B44 with some upgrades (lipo proof) and it still goes like hell!

NitroArgi
13-10-2010, 11:56 AM
It remains to be seen how much different the new car will be...let's not forget that a couple of months ago we were saying the same things about the B4.1, that it is not so different to the B4 where in fact is an even better handling car!

gnr racer
13-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Just ordered me some v2 shocks form 'stateside' thats the only upgrade im looking to do

The_doctor
14-10-2010, 05:08 AM
Yuk !!! what an ugly body!
save you money and get a Durango or ZX5 mkII
after seeing the car up close all i can say is whats different!!!
yes u get the excellent new shocks new motor mount which is harder to set than the old one trush me i spent 30 mins trying to get the pinion meshed as the screws push the motor over more when u do them up!!!! all they had to do is make a motor mount disk like the Predator or old xx4 losi type not this crap!!! the car i worked on gave me the shits and i nearly jumped on it...................rubbish motor mount!!!!!!

u get the new rear hubs cool the chassie is the same dont now about the longer wheel base the car i saw was the same
thicker front tower same diffs so not much has changed as for the v2 slipper the first car had the same spring ....
i ran the b44 for two years and i think you can speed your hard earned cash on some thing a bit more developed than this rip off!!!

still want stop them from winning!!!!!!

why dont they narrow the chassie bring every thing closer lighten the drive train not just bring out a clone of the first car!!!

not happy ......i for one have given up on this trash!!!
i think ill what a see what losi or X factory brings out!!!

MarkWesterfield
14-10-2010, 05:00 PM
From Team Associated:

"The transmission ratio is still 2.5, not 2.6. The 2.6 is a typo. The B44.1 still uses the same diff gears, 3914.

As for the wheelbase, it is shorter because the kit setup has the hubs in the forward position. The max wheelbase would be 280mm, the same as the B44.

The length of the B44.1 vs. the B44 is the same. The reason the measurement is 7mm off is the B44.1 was measured from the very tip of the front to the back of the wing.

The newer chassis is the same length as the older one as well as the same width. The servo has been moved more towards the center line as well as there are no more cutouts for motor and batteries.

Hope this clarifies everything.

MarkWesterfield
14-10-2010, 05:37 PM
The only performance advantage is the Aluminum rear hubs, they have alot more adjustment for the ballstud.

The slipper pads and spring are better.

The CVA's are slightly different for improvement, where the bone goes into the outdrive cup, the bone has been made slightly thinner, this prevents the bone from putting pressure on the diff outdrive when the suspension is compressed. This should help diff gear life. B44 owners can see where the bone gets scratched by the outdrive cup.

The rest of the parts are mostly more conveinence items. Much cheaper to buy the whole the kit then to upgrade everything. And the B44 is discontinued anyway, the B44.1 is the only kit now.

The rest of the parts are basically running updates.

The v2 shocks are easier to build, but the rebuild kit costs more money. You also get the bleeder caps.

The motor mount really isn't much of a difference really. I didn't have any problems with the old mount. Get rid of the aluminum washers, and put some steel Losi ballstud washers in there and locktight the screws and the set screw.

If you run an undertray, the chassis really wont matter to you. You'll like the chassis if you use chassis protectant.

Thicker shock tower is nice, but I've run a cracked standard one for over three months before, so no big deal there.

You get blue aluminum screws for the transmission cases, rear anti-roll bar, lipo tray, the body, well to each his own.

I would have liked to see front shock shafts with 5-40 threads on the end to stop broken shafts.

/tobys
14-10-2010, 08:44 PM
So the new motor mount ain't that good then?

discothesnake
14-10-2010, 10:52 PM
So the new motor mount ain't that good then?

The new motor mount is fine. It just makes it a lot easier access to the screws. I have heard some people complain about it cracking but mine has been fine (so far).

gnr racer
15-10-2010, 07:53 AM
So the b44.1 updated motor mount isnt the same as this then??...
http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_info.php?products_id=7853

TonyM
15-10-2010, 07:56 AM
It is the same. I bought one so I no longer had to remove the battery posts to tighten the motor screws. Unfortunately I've had two of the central motor cams crack and split in half.

So the b44.1 updated motor mount isnt the same as this then??...
http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_info.php?products_id=7853

Bugle
15-10-2010, 09:50 AM
The only performance advantage is the Aluminum rear hubs, they have alot more adjustment for the ballstud.

I would have liked to see front shock shafts with 5-40 threads on the end to stop broken shafts.

You seem to get one extra hole with the new hubs, however you'd get extra unsprung weight, i'll take the plastic ones any day, at nearly 1/10th the price :)

Main problem with the shock shafts is the machining at the end of the thread, they need to cut a curve between the thread and the rest of the shaft down to the depth of the 4-40 thread. They used to do this but stopped for some reason. I made some 316 SS shafts for my B44 and machined it properly with a 4-40 thread and haven't had any snaps.

MarkWesterfield
15-10-2010, 11:33 AM
There is an "A" top and a "B" top to the aluminum hubs. The "A" top is the standard holes, plus a 4th hole, and the "B" top holes are in between the holes in the "A" top. 8 different ballstud positions.

The motor mount screws are eaiser to get to, but setting the gear mesh is still a chore. I only pull out my motor a couple times a year at best, so its not something that makes a difference to me.