PDA

View Full Version : TRF801X conversion can it be done ?

Stan
14-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Just bought one of these on impulse from Ebay(just love blue) and would like to know if anyone has converted one to brushless or know if it is possible any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Stan

DaveG28
14-10-2010, 07:59 PM
A guy in Canadadid a "saddle" layout one, and Tamiya have their own which appears to have been killed off without ever releasing!! If you google it you'll find the Canadian one, it's on a forum, you can join that forum and ask the guy for help, it looked nice!
Tekno did a proto too, so may be willing to help you out!

Let us know how it goes, would love to convert mine!

Stan
23-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know how different the drive trains are on the two buggys are I have found a TRF801XT conversion but the guy said it wouldn't fit. does anyone know whats different and if I can get round it. The two chassis look identical.

Thanks

fotko
28-10-2010, 07:31 AM
http://rcsportmodel.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1415

Stan
29-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the link what language is that I can't find a translation for it. Another couple of questions what batteries is everyone using and what configuration 1pack or 2packs and what kind of run time can I expect. Think that covers everything for now.

Thanks
Stan

Stan
30-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Some pics of work so far not much to see found a site in the states selling a conversion for the 801XT so I took a chance as he said it would not fit but it seems fine. I have a Mamba Monster on order, now I just need to make up my mind to leave the motor mount this way round or modify the chassis to turn it round to allow 2 batt packs like the guy on the Canadian site or smaller spur to miss the chassis completely. Any help on the cells questions in the previous post would be great.

Stan

Stan
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
One more pic Mamba Monster arrived today. Still need to sort the steering servo mount and batteries.

shadower
01-12-2010, 09:18 AM
its my truggy, i use futaba bls451 with 4s lipo zippy 5000 40C also with mamba 2200
i cut original mount for servo
its in slovak language