PDA

View Full Version : The new Lazer prototype.

Sabben
27-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Hi guys!

I just have to say that the Lazer prototype Kyosho showed at the Worlds is stunning!

I really hope they're gonna produse a simular car next year, which include the carbon fibre chassis and all the other good-stuff that is shown on the pictures at the Worlds report.

I think todays Lazer zx-5 is a great car, but I think it look even nicer with the carbon chassis and the alloy parts:)

jimmy
27-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah it looked great in the flesh too - the carbon they use has a satin finish and looks pretty neat. It's all prototype parts for now but I'd imagine it might be something they will make early next year, I hope.

Gil didn't have any input on this and is still working on other things - this car was made in Japan and the latest version only delivered a couple of days before the 4WD event. So it remains to be seen what Gil Losi can throw into the design, I hope he gets his hands on it before things are finalised.

DCM
27-09-2007, 10:11 AM
it look so much like the KM-RC conversion.... wonder if the Stallion blocks fit the rear of that?? hmmmm

Sabben
27-09-2007, 10:56 AM
it look so much like the KM-RC conversion.... wonder if the Stallion blocks fit the rear of that?? hmmmm

I suppose they fit, since I think I have seen some pics of a guy used the Stallion blocks instead of the original plastic ones. And that looked hot!:D

DCM
27-09-2007, 10:57 AM
does someone have a stallion, if so, can they measure the distance between hole centres then?

vader
27-09-2007, 11:24 AM
You can buy the prototype Lazer today, it's called a Hotbodies D4 - purple anodized, metric BJ4WE clone :rolleyes:

Zahir144
27-09-2007, 01:15 PM
LOL!! They all use a similar chassis layout, bar the yoke and 501x, but i can only see all these 4wd electric buggies as a good thing in that it will encourage people to take an interest in the class because of the number of manufacturers producing new kits. Afterall, more manufacturers: More kits: More competition: more racers: more fun! :)

vader
27-09-2007, 02:37 PM
i love my new avatar!

Zahir144
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/kyosholazerzx5sp.jpg

The Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 "SP"!

Specifications:
- Straight motor layout is specially designed for centre shaft driven 4WD racing.
- Freely adjustable turnbuckle upper arms are included as part of the double wishbone 4-wheel independent suspension system.
- Equipped with slipper clutch that effectively transfers power as well as protecting the gears from overloading.
- High strength and rigidity of the resin main chassis is reinforced with X-backbone upper deck.
- Features new type triple-cap Pro Shocks. Delivers a wide range of setting adjustment options as well smooth suspension function.
- Choice of three front axle configurations with one-way, ball differential or spool (rigid). One-way is sold separately.
- Rear section equipped with stabilizer.
- Precision universal swing shafts included on front and rear.
- Chassis layout is compatible with either loose battery cells or battery packs.

Kyosho have released their new Lazer ZX-5 SP, 1/10th EP 4wd buggy, which was first seen in the hands of team drivers competing in last months IFMAR World Championships (http://www.redrc.net/2007/09/jared-tebo-is-4wd-world-champion/). The car’s newly designed suspension shows superior turning performance at different speeds and on a variety of different surface types while the advanced aerodynamics of the body also generates effective down-force to keep the machine anchored to the surface. With a rear midship mounted motor, the simple transmission and battery layout achieves optimal weight balance for greater control response. Easy control of the machine’s airborne posture marks it as an advanced racing buggy.

jimmy
05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
this is NOT the prototype car used at the World Championships by the top Kyosho drivers, though it's cleverly worded to make you think it is :)

The new front suspension looks good

jongsxr
05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
any pictures w/o the body on

jimmy
05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=102657

Sabben
05-10-2007, 06:57 PM
LOL!

I really hope this SP-version is a "sports" version and the Race version is coming soon;-)

bjcaldwe
05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
To me it looks like the front wheels are a closer offset to the losi style 4wd fronts.