PDA

View Full Version : need help with my b4.1 rtr brushless

craig.w
22-10-2010, 12:03 PM
i have recently bought a b4.1 rtr brushless from morley models and i need more power.I don't want to start changing the esc i just want to put in a moter thas gonna give it more umph.Top speed isn't what i'm after as u can't do more than 35-45 on most straights when racing.I met a guy down at spenborough the other day and he had the same kit as mine and he bought his from modelsport otley.They had fitted him for an extra 40 quid a 7.5 or 8.5 t motor and his car made mine look pathetic.He hadn't changed the esc which u will all know is a sl450 sensorless .It has a 6100kv limit ,any ideas as to what would be a good motor,i'm using lipo 2cell only 20c at the mo but will be getting a 35c orion 3800 soon any advice would be great.Hope i get some help,i have a b4.1 rolling shassis with all titanium bits and alloy upgrades but i think i will use them when the parts on mine breaks.Also anone want to buy a rex x or a landmax,fed up of nitro

peetbee
22-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Looking at Novak's kv to turn chart - it looks like a 7.5t at 5900kv is the most powerful you can fit. - a fair bit mroe than the 3300kv motor in there at the moment!

Other than that I'm afraid I can't help much as i don't know a lot about non-sensored motors.

Can't see anytihgn obvious on moelsport's site either. Good luck.