PDA

View Full Version : AGM Proposals - What are they all??

peetbee
22-10-2010, 11:49 PM
As title, what exciting proposals are there to be discussed at the AGM?

DCM
23-10-2010, 08:26 AM
not many Pete... track size, rostrum, entry fee's and, erm man of the year was all that was proposed.

axeman
23-10-2010, 08:28 AM
don't forget mine

peetbee
23-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Sorry, I meant where's the details so we can see what's been put forward!! :lol:

DCM
23-10-2010, 01:30 PM
When I have half hour to type them up, I will.

Chequered Flag Racing
23-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Sorry, I meant where's the details so we can see what's been put forward!! :lol:

on the BRCA site :p

read this for 10th Off-Road
http://brca.org/Sections/off_e_10/news/Section%20AGM%20Proposals%202010%20doc1.doc

if you want more do this, see each section's news on www.brca.org (http://www.brca.org/) for the relevant agendas.

axeman
23-10-2010, 02:28 PM
??????????????????????????????????????????

DCM
23-10-2010, 02:33 PM
on the BRCA site :p

read this for 10th Off-Road
http://brca.org/Sections/off_e_10/news/Section%20AGM%20Proposals%202010%20doc1.doc

if you want more do this, see each section's news on www.brca.org (http://www.brca.org/) for the relevant agendas.

They were asking about our Regions AGM proposals...

Chequered Flag Racing
23-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Regions AGM proposals...
:blush:

peetbee
24-10-2010, 12:30 AM
:lol:

so what are they? :p

Roy
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Any official news on the proposals?

DCM
04-11-2010, 10:58 AM
There are proposals on race fee's, cost structure.

Track size, rostrum size and placement.

Person of the Year (not driver of the year etc), for the person who has been selfless in supporting the WRCA.

Rules for an 8th electric class.

Thats it, all the moaning from all those drivers, and not a single one put a proposal in, to change what they moaned about.

Roy
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM

I think I was expecting the proposal detail as Pete asked a few days ago.

Are they in print yet?

DCM
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
The emails will be put into a document, and will be printed out for Sunday.

Pops
04-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I had one or two things to propose but decided we will keep them to ourselves as already voiced opinion to no avail.. couldnt see anyone rocking the boat to second me....That said i stand by all my posts and have thouroughly enjoyed the outdoor wrca champs this year and have zero points that i would change.
Roll on next year.

DCM
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Putting a proposal in doesn't rock the boat though, as if you didn't like something, then the AGM is the time to change it, but the deadline for proposals has passed now :(

peetbee
04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
So you don't get to see what they are in advance then? :confused:

Pops
04-11-2010, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=DCM;429747]Putting a proposal in doesn't rock the boat though, as if you didn't like something, then the AGM is the time to change it, but the deadline for proposals has passed now :([/QUOTE

DCM
04-11-2010, 10:11 PM
From Jamie Thomas

Hi Steve, id like to propose a “man of the season” type trophy to be awarded to one individual each year after the end of the indoor season. This trophy can be awarded to any person who has attended a WRCA meeting, this person doesn't have to be the fastest person, or the person who has attended the most rounds, but simply for things like track etiquette, racing improvement, supported the wrca ,general helpfulness or possibly just volunteering to marshall.

This trophy will be in the form of a shield where it is engraved along with the date and presented to the winner.It will also be handed back each year ready to be presented to the new winer.

The winner will be decided by a nomination and voting process. The candidate will have to have their name put forward by another WRCA member where after 2 weeks the names are all put together and will be put up for voting on either the oOple website forum, or by other means. The voting process will also be open for 2 weeks, where at the end a winner will be decided and a trophy presented during the WRCA indoor finals.

This whole process will have to be done approx 5 weeks before the finals to allow 4 weeks for nominating and voting, then a further 1 week to allow the trophy to be engraved. I would be happy to arrange the trophy and its engraving.

DCM
04-11-2010, 10:11 PM
From Me

Electric class entry fees

Adults, first class £7 extra classes £3 per class
Juniors (16 on or before the 1st Jan) £3 per class flat rate

Tracks

Tracks need to be approved prior to a meeting commencement, so permanent tracks to be inspected upto 4 weeks in advance, temporary tracks land to be inspected prior to event.

Regionals (electric)

5 meetings per season, one to be in each month (April, May, June, July and August)

Timetable of the day to be set prior to the event, and without unforseen problems, 1 round of practice (timed or untimed), 4 rounds and 1 final.

All meetings to be Round by Round.

Rostrum must be set back a minimum of 1500mm from the track.

Grid slots to be a minimum of 1.5m apart.

DCM
04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Jamie Thomas (although some of this will need editing I believe)

1. AIMS
To provide a uniform format for 1/8th scale electric powered off-road cars to compete with each other, and if required, with nitro-methanol powered off-road cars. The intention is to allow all commercially available 1/8 electric cars, including conversion kits, whilst still encouraging experimentation and innovation with the aim of developing the class further.

2. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
A: Dimensions – to abide by the main section rules (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate)
B: Power source
[a] Only electric motors are allowed. Motors do not have to be sensored, and motors designed for helicopters and planes may be used. There is no motor limit.
[b] Only battery packs with a (nominal) voltage no greater than 22.2V (4S) may be used. This is simply to comply with rules laid down from other governing bodies (ROAR for its unlimited class in the USA). Ni-MH (nickel-metal hydride) packs are allowed, though the use of LiPO (lithium polymer) packs is encouraged. LiPOs must be hardcased.
[c] Battery packs can be doubled up using standard 1/10th “stick packs” wired in either series or parallel to double capacity or voltage.
[d] There must be some way of preventing the battery pack from being displaced from the battery box in the event of a crash. Velcro wrap-around straps are suggested, but a more traditional style battery strap as widely used in 1/10 scale may be used. If Velcro straps are used, the pack must be retained by at least two straps.
[e] Any commercially available electronic speed controller (ESC) can be used, though it is suggested that it is a speed controller designed for cars, as they will offer more linear throttle control, and stronger, more consistent braking over a plane or helicopter ESC.
[f] Mechanical brakes may be used in place of ESC brakes, should the driver wish. This is the only circumstance in which a 3rd channel may be used.
[g] It is suggested that some type of clutch (preferably a slipper clutch) be used to protect the motor and driveline, though this is not a requirement.
[h] A separate battery pack may be used to power the radio system, but it must be retained in a safe manner, and abide by the ruled laid out in sections 2A(b-d). The red wire from the ESC MUST be removed if the ESC has an on-board battery eliminator circuit (BEC).
[i] The motor should be directly soldered to the ESC if possible, though if not possible, then connectors of the same capabilities as 4mm Corally-style gold tubes or better must be used.
[j] The battery cannot be directly soldered to the ESC. Connectors of the same capabilities as 5mm
Corally-style gold tubes or better must be used. Deans-type connectors can be used, but more capable connectors are preferred when using above 4 cell Lipo’s. The use of connectors that are polarity-protected is strongly advised.
C: Tyres – to abide by main section rules (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate).
D: Wings – to abide by main section rules (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate).
3. APPEARANCE
To abide by main section rules (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate).

4. RADIO CONTROL EQUIPMENT

5. ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS

6. OFFICIALS
To abide by main section rules (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate) with the following addition:
[d] A technical inspector who will check cars upon booking in at the start of the meeting, to make sure they meet the technical specifications (2B) above. It is the technical inspector who decides whether a car is fit to race or not.
7. DRIVERS BRIEFING

8. TRANSPONDERS AND LAP COUNTING
To abide by main section rules (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate). Obviously, at club races, a handout transponder may be used, and should (if possible) be provided by that club.

9. PRACTICE
Practice will be run as either, a separate 5 minute round, in heat format, before qualifying, or a 10 minute 1st round of qualifying, with the latter 5 minutes timed. This decision is at the race director's discretion.

10. QUALIFICATION

11. FINALS
Sections [a – p] to abide by main section rules (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate), with one exception: All finals will be 10min.
These following rules have been written so that clubs who receive small entries of electric powered off road cars can include them with the main nitro competition should the number of electric cars be too small for their own dedicated heat or final. If this is the case then the following rules are suggested:

[q] If a final is to last more than 20 minutes, any competitor with an electric car must be called to the pit lane for a 'forced pit stop' to aid fairness to nitro competitors. The car must stop moving, be picked up and raised above the head of the mechanic, before being allowed to rejoin. This ensures that the race director or referee can see that the stop has taken place. It is suggested that one penalty stop be imposed for each stop that the driver on pole must take. I.E, if the competitor on pole must stop for fuel twice, then the electric cars must stop twice for the penalty. This assumes that the electric car will not have to do a pit stop of its own, to change batteries. If the electric car must stop to change batteries, or for any other reason after the half-way mark, the penalty system will not be enforced on that particular car.
12. TROPHIES

13. RACE INTERRUPTION

14. PROTESTS

15. PENALTIES

16. CHAMPIONSHIP DETAILS

17. TRACK AND SAFETY

18. ORGANISATION

19. EFRA AND IFMAR MEETINGS These two organisations are yet to realise 1/8 off-road electrics as a class for their own championships, however, when they do, the section rules must be abided by (1/8 rallycross or 1/8 truggy as appropriate).

20. SECTION CONFERENCE/BRCA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

DCM
04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Steve Axon

1. I would like to propose that juniors up to the age of 14 race for free in any wrca round as long as they have full paying parent with them.
If not 1/2 price, and between the age of 14-16, or in full time education pay 1/2 price.

2. anyone who is late to marshell has 10 seconds added onto there FTD and failure to marshell looses points/ time from 2 of there rounds.

DCM
04-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Chris Mills (although I have to check elligibility of his proposal)

These are rule amendment and proposals for the WRCA 2010 INDOOR and 2011 OUTDOOR championships for all scales and classes.

Regards

Chris

Amendment of rule for indoor winter championship

Giving that Off road/Micros will no longer race with TC indoors the current formula of 3 round Qualifying 2 finals should be dropped and changed back to 4 rounds of Qualifying and 1 final-

Propose 3leg final for all A final classes when numbers allow.

The BRCA has the following rule in place under

section 15. RACE PROCEDURES
GENERAL

15.31 All ‘A’ finals will run over three legs with the best results of two of the three legs to count. In terms of
penalties incurred, each leg of the A Final is considered to be a separate race.

The BRCA Micro section has the following rule in place under

section 7. Racing Procedures

Qualifying will consist of 4 rounds of qualifying heats. Points will be awarded for each round.
Tied positions within a round will receive equal points. The points for subsequent positions will be
displaced by the number of tied drivers involved. A driver's best 2 scores will be added together to
give a qualifying position. Ties will be eliminated firstly by using discard points and secondly, by use
of the fastest overall time.
--------------------------

Proposal height minimum for Rostrum for indoor championship to 1.5meters min

WRCA to enforce and have in place a minimum height on all rostrums for indoor and outdoor WRCA regional championships , a minimum height that is feasible for all clubs should be taken into account this will then allow for any clubs who do not have the clearance for height rostrums indoors backing and clear guidelines from the WRCA

take into account for disabled access to and from Rostrum with out height interfering with track visibility

The BRCA Micro section has the flowing rule in place

6. Track and Venue Specifications.

6.6. The rostrum must be positioned to minimise the risk of people obstructing the drivers view. The
distance from the rostrum to the edge of the track is to be 2m. The minimum length of the rostrum
must be 7.3 (24ft) metres between 0.75m (min) and 2.1m (max) high, and of a suitable width.
-------------------------

Proposal for FTD qualifying to be dropped and Round by Round to be the only method of qualifying both indoors and out door regional’s

This will bring the WRCA inline with all regional’s as well as the National championship, many racers struggle at there first BRCA 10th off meeting as they do not understand the qualifying system, This will also tie in both Micro and 10th off road at the indoor championship.

Taking into account clubs must also have there lap timing and qualifying systems set up for round by round

The BRCA stats round by round as the following under section 15. RACE PROCEDURES
GENERAL
15.25 The Round by Round qualifying method awards points for each competitor’s position in each qualifying round
individually. Highest qualifying position in each Round will score zero (0) points, second place will score two
(2) points, third place three (3) points and so on. (Regional events can amend this points system subject to
software compatibility). Weather/external circumstances may prevent all scheduled qualifying rounds being
completed, therefore points from each driver’s best qualifying rounds are added together to determine a final
qualifying position as follows :-
4 Rounds completed - Best 2 to count.
3 Rounds completed - Best 2 to count.
2 Rounds completed - Single best Round to count.
All other qualifying round scores will be discarded. Each Round has to be completed for any points to be
awarded. If two or more drivers achieve the same time in any Round, the same points will be awarded to
each driver and the next driver not tying will received points relative to his position in the Round. In the event
of a tie when the points from the ‘counting’ Rounds are totalled, the driver with the single best points within
the rounds that counted will be awarded the tie. If this comparison fails to break the tie then the laps and
times from the ‘tying drivers’ highest finishing positions will be compared. The driver with the fastest lap and
time total will be awarded the tie. In the case of a continuing tie then the second best scores will be
compared. In the unlikely event of a continuing tie at this point, the lap times from the heat that gave the
highest finishing

The BRCA Micro have the flowing rule in place

section 7. Racing Procedures

Qualifying will consist of 4 rounds of qualifying heats. Points will be awarded for each round.
Tied positions within a round will receive equal points. The points for subsequent positions will be
displaced by the number of tied drivers involved. A driver's best 2 scores will be added together to
give a qualifying position. Ties will be eliminated firstly by using discard points and secondly, by use
of the fastest overall time.
-------------------------------

Proposal for track width for indoor championship./Amendment of current track width to 2.2 meters wide

under section14. THE TRACK of the BRCA 10th off road handbook the following rule is in place
14.6 At Sanctioned events, other than Nationals, tracks must be a minimum of 2.4 metres wide.

under section 6. Track and Venue Specifications of the BRCA micro rules
6.3. Minimum track width is 2m and where the venue is not permanent the track must consist of at

Giving that the indoor championship will Mix Off road 10th and Micros it would be in the WRCA best interest to set a minimum track width for the indoor championship that will allow both scales to race with out compromise

---------------------------------

WRCA to set minimum and maximum overall track length for regional electric outdoor meetings of 125 meters - 150meters overall

This will keep the size of regional tracks for the 10th electric to a constant level with out compromising the class.

At nitro and electric meetings the this will give clubs backing and clear guidelines to design layouts for both scales and classes.

At eclectic only meetings this will eliminate the issues with small grounds being used to host regional meetings

Many clubs now have large facilities that they are happy for other clubs to use for regional events.

under section14. THE TRACK of the BRCA handbook the following rule is in place- there is only a minimum rule set in place for National meetings

14.5 At all National format events outdoors, tracks will be a minimum of 3 metres wide and minimum 130
metres in length.
14.6 At Sanctioned events, other than Nationals, tracks must be a minimum of 2.4 metres wide.
14.7 The straight for starting finals, will be a minimum of 20 metres long, with no obstructions, including any
form of jump, sudden rise or fall.

peetbee
04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

c0sie
04-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I like the idea of half price fees for those in full-time education ;)

Roy
05-11-2010, 07:57 AM

Now that didn't hurt did it.

millzy
05-11-2010, 11:07 AM
bloody student bum

millzy
05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Chris Mills (although I have to check elligibility of his proposal)

why whats up

TheReferee
05-11-2010, 12:34 PM
why whats up

i think you need to be an adult to propose anything:lol:

millzy
05-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Im whats classed as a young Adult john lol

Jamie.T
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok, as i couldnt make the AGM as im in the states, and i put in 2 proposals i would just like to know if and what was passed. Can anybody give me a quick update please? Cheers in advance.

axeman
08-11-2010, 07:45 AM
the 1/8th electric rules went through!!!!:)
what was your other one mate

Roy
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Ok, as i couldnt make the AGM as im in the states, and i put in 2 proposals i would just like to know if and what was passed. Can anybody give me a quick update please? Cheers in advance.

Hi Jamie,

Hope things are going ok in the US.........

As Steve has already said the 1/8th General rules have been accepted (not discussed in detail)

Your "Man of the Season" has been accepted in principle. Believe the amendment was to call it the "Chairmans Cup" to be presented to a person in the WRCA Area which has been nominated and then voted on by the WRCA membership (WRCA Committee members excluded).

Think that is about right.

All the best

Roy

ps, I have put a few notes on the COBRA forum so if you want any more details log on and have a look.