PDA

View Full Version : HPI VORZA SERVO

Ceong
24-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Hi Guys,

I need your professional opinion regarding the servo... I am planning to get the HPI VORZA soon and was wondering should I upgrade the servo (Hitec HS-7955TG Ultra Torque Titanium Gear Digital Servo ). I am mainly for speed and bashing ..or i should save the $$ fr something else

Million Thanks for the help

jasonwipf
24-10-2010, 07:02 AM
for racing, yes upgrade. Bashing.... not really, unless you are going to do some precision bashing. :P I'd use that money for spare arms and drive shaft components that will likely brake bashing that model.

lgbzone
24-10-2010, 08:10 AM
I agree with jasonwipf; you'll probably only need to change the servo if you are racing, the stock one isn't brilliant, but it's not too bad.

the vorza is extremely tough and can take a huge amount of abuse, the weakest link i found was that the outer hinge pins on the rear are not captured properly, they use a metal bar with a screw and washer next to it to stop it sliding out, these are best replaced with proper bars that are captured with a nut on the end. the only other issue i've had was breaking a rear hub, these are about £4.00 a pair.

out of the box the rear springs are too soft, better ones are the hpi vorza red springs that are 68mm long, then you'll probably need slightly thicker oil as well, or it could be over sprung.

johnnygibbon
24-10-2010, 10:05 AM
servo - wheels and spikey tyres. thats all this beast needs to race or bash. what a awsome machine vorzas are

Ceong
24-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I agree with jasonwipf; you'll probably only need to change the servo if you are racing, the stock one isn't brilliant, but it's not too bad.

the vorza is extremely tough and can take a huge amount of abuse, the weakest link i found was that the outer hinge pins on the rear are not captured properly, they use a metal bar with a screw and washer next to it to stop it sliding out, these are best replaced with proper bars that are captured with a nut on the end. the only other issue i've had was breaking a rear hub, these are about £4.00 a pair.

out of the box the rear springs are too soft, better ones are the hpi vorza red springs that are 68mm long, then you'll probably need slightly thicker oil as well, or it could be over sprung.

Thanks for the great infor .. about the diff oil. what is your recommendation?

I am thinking upgrade the rear tower (High mount Rear shock tower (112mm)) and shock (Big Bore Shock Set (112mm)too..

lgbzone
25-10-2010, 06:40 AM
If you are bashing then the stock diff oil isn't bad, 5,100,5, if you bash on a loose surface you could drop the centre diff down to a thinner oil, maybe 30k or 50k. but the stock oils give it plenty of raw power.

if you do race you'll need to go a lot lower for handling and control, i currently race on astro tracks and use 5,6,2.

I've heard good things about the longer rear shocks, although i've never used them myself, always managed to get a good setup with the stock shocks.