PDA

View Full Version : Track Work - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

mikeyscott
25-10-2010, 03:29 PM
We aim to rip up the current track on the 31st October 2010 after the meeting, which point the work starts for getting the track prepared and relaid etc.

Now there will be no racing until this is done, so essentially the more people that help with the track rebuild the quicker we are racing.

Key benefits will be:
New Astro, less mud on the surface and improved drainage.
Wider track - regional / national standard width
Changable layout.

TORCH Members and anyone else we NEED your help to make this happen. The aim is to lay the foundations for a great 2011 onwards.

Please, please just because the track is closed STILL ATTEND, this is the members track so it'll be a longer term benefit. WE NEED YOUR HELP.

simoncrabb
25-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Awesome! I'll definitely be available on Sunday 14th November to help out, maybe even 7th November too.

Has anyone done any initial designs for the new track?

mikeyscott
25-10-2010, 04:45 PM
People have ideas etc.

Key things to consider, track width and marshalling points.

AlisdairO
25-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Are we going to be doing work every week? If so, that's good for me as I can just stick some dates in the diary and arrange to stay free. If we're going to have more specified work days, I (or more accurately, my wife) tend to book up weekends a way in advance, so it'd be great to know when the work's happening as much in advance as possible :).

wayne
25-10-2010, 05:40 PM
ill be there ..feeling well again ....was gutted i missed last day ...but what time you need us about mike?

wayne

mikeyscott
25-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Are we going to be doing work every week? If so, that's good for me as I can just stick some dates in the diary and arrange to stay free. If we're going to have more specified work days, I (or more accurately, my wife) tend to book up weekends a way in advance, so it'd be great to know when the work's happening as much in advance as possible :).

Racing this weekend in the am and then track rip up.

Then the following weekends track work. I realise not everyone can make it each week. In reality I reckon we've got 3/4 weeks work.

If we can get 15+ people each week for track work than that'll be great.

SteveB will also no doubt comment on this thread later being chairman! ;)

Randall34
26-10-2010, 08:13 AM
I want to help, what tools would be benificial to the cause, i will be there for the 7th as i can't race next week anyway (wedding).

tonymon
26-10-2010, 09:59 AM
ill definitely be down to help in a couple of weeks. its quite annoying i missed the last all dayer now!

have you got a drawn up track plan for this renovation?

AlisdairO
26-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Excellent. I should be able to make it to a few days, then :)

martin so16
26-10-2010, 05:23 PM
i will be there mike cant race sunday got no speed controller :( but will come down and help with track :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
26-10-2010, 05:28 PM
i will be there mike cant race sunday got no speed controller :( but will come down and help with track :thumbsup:

Many thanks Martin. What's the situation with you speed controller?

martin so16
26-10-2010, 07:34 PM
got to send it back to je spares to see if theres anything they can do with it i want a refund and get a speed passion instead

simoncrabb
27-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I think it's quite important to get some sort of plan drawn up - just to everyone has something to work to begin with?

From racing on numerous circuits this year I suggest several features are designed, eg the straight, banked corner, jumps, table tops, and those put in place.

Then, allow the rest of the track to be flexible around those features, so we can create tracks, and modify them around the permanent features.

For me one of the best permanent features is a 4 sided table top roughly in the middle of the layout. Then, you can work the track into it from various directions as you wish. Going across the corner of them is really good, you can even use them twice in the layout.

And, marshalling points is no biggie, they can be decided after the track is designed, they don't have to be permanent, far from it.

RobW
28-10-2010, 10:33 AM
So what is the process going to be for agreeing the final design?

If we are ripping the track up this Sunday, we need a plan fairly soon of what we are replacing it with otherwise we could have a bunch of enthusiastic workers making it up as we go along!!!

We need a few people involved at the ideas stage else it is too easy for one or two people (however knowledgeable) to overlook a flaw.

Does anyone know the measurements of the available space for the new track layout? Bet Mike knows :thumbsup:

Rob

M.Andrews
28-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Want to race the new car on sunday,got all the electrics in and rev'ed it up and the hinge pin come out as the allen screw wasn't holding the pin in properly. The thread needs tapping/re-threading. Does anyone have a re-threading tool(M3 thread needed) that they can bring on sunday please?.

SteveB
29-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Plan will be communicated by email to your all soon, with the stages and requirements. Will also post on here as well.

Mark give me a call and ill get RW will sort your problem out.

AlisdairO
30-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I'll be around tomorrow, unfortunately my next three weekends are booked, but I've made sure to keep the weekends after that free. See you tomorrow :)

Northern Monkey
30-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi guys, sorry won't be able to help out tomorrow, got some work on. On the plus side got a bargain Cat 3000 on eBay! Note to self... Stop buying vintage Shueys and get one running!

mikeyscott
31-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Massive thanks to those that stayed behind today to take the old track up.

Time to get this track to a new level.

jamiekerr14
31-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey Mike, Hope its going well.. you guys got any idea when your hoping to have it done? Will try pop down on a sunday if im free. Will nice ot have a date to make sure my DEX410R is ready and waiting!:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
31-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Would love to give you a date, but it all depends on who helps etc.

More people help the better the track will be and the quicker it'll get done.

jamiekerr14
31-10-2010, 08:16 PM
yeah fair enough, what is going to be added ect.. or is it more play it by ear.. ect

SteveB
31-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Massive thanks to those that stayed behind today to take the old track up.

Time to get this track to a new level.

Yes big thanks to :

Dave Moore
Dave Obrian
Phil Williams
Martin Brown
Dan Brown
Mark Andrews
Alistair Owens
Rob Warren
Cameron Taylor
and anyone else I ve forgot, sure thats it though.

Mike Muscles Scott the one that got dirty:D

Stu on the digger :woot:
My old man for watching :lol:

So where r we and the plan?

All the old track cleared bar few 10 ft deep astro turf pieces lol.

9am starts Sunday and Saturday work will be posted if enough people wish to help.

Plan

Week 1 31st Oct - clear old track and astro - complete

Week 2 7th Nov - prep area by clearing large bricks and foreigh objects, rake and make good surface area ready for membrain, grade abkk corner, move rostrum and re-locate, tidy up by hut,
roller track depending on weather forecast.

Equipment, tea/coffee and cake, with rakes, spades, gloves and some brute force, roller if weathers on our side

Week 3 14th Nov - Lay membrian and pin down with laying new astro with glueing together. Use old astro for pits and outer edges.

Equipement - gloves and tea and coffee, some brute force again

Week 4 21st Nov - Lay track ???

Equipment - Drill and hammer, track design

All above is weather dependant and will only happen if support is apparent at these sunday sessions. All work will plan to be started by 9am and finished around 1 - 2pm if numbers dictate.

Please help and we can have our track back sooner. It will be worth the hard work.

mikeyscott
02-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Guys, Julian is planning on being at the track on Saturday and we are looking for volunteers to attend and give him a hand.

Steve and myself will be there on Sunday again for the track work.

Remember sooner we get the work done the sooner we are racing etc.

mw02veg
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
any pics or videos???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????/

mikeyscott
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
any pics or videos???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????/

I will try and get some tomorrow, but it's just a barren area at the mo. Nice and big though.

Assume once we have finished it you'll be down to test ;)