PDA

View Full Version : The Petit Race - Welsh entries

Dyna
31-10-2010, 11:06 PM
A few people ( Dave & Owen especially ! ) were asking for the info for the Petit event today, so go to -

http://race.petitrc.com/

and have a shufty. And try to get an entry. A few Welsh region drivers are already in - Griff, Belsten, Tom Clode, Axeman, Reg & me are already entered & paid... More the merrier from our Region though :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
31-10-2010, 11:27 PM
ky smith is in too i think. It has been a great meeting in the past, so it should be all good at the new venue too. Get booked in!!:thumbsup:

Pops
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Looks just like cobra indoors!!..So are people staying for 2 days? Any photos of an off road track at that venue?

Dyna
01-11-2010, 04:02 PM
You REALLY need to read o0ple more carefully Dave... :lol:

The Ardent Raceway is holding the Durango Winter Series there, here's one of the threads with a couple of pictures in....

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55008

And the Ardent webby with pictures of the track in the Gallery section....

http://www.ardentracing.com/teamdurangowinterseries/

Yes ill be staying for both Petit days, i think most of us are ?

Pops
01-11-2010, 04:20 PM
It was sarcasm old bud! Cant do hotels or bb's so looks like im out

blue_pinky
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Looks like I could come and play at this now too...their site looks like they are still taking entries so gonna get me booked in!!!

Anyone know what the race format is? 2wd sat & 4wd Sunday or both classes across both both days?

Cheers :-)

axeman
10-11-2010, 06:27 PM
yes andy!!! 2wd saturday!!! follow the axeman sunday:p

Welshy40
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM
2wd, truck and if you make the top three then you get to do the UFO race which is more of a smash and dash no rules race on Saturday. 4wd sunday and great fun. Im there.

isobarik
11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
2wd, truck and if you make the top three then you get to do the UFO race which is more of a smash and dash no rules race on Saturday. 4wd sunday and great fun. Im there.

But the big question is
are you going to run yore ZXS ????

mvh Isobarik

blue_pinky
11-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Woop Woop...looks like I'm in! Not had an email, but my name is now on the main drivers list on the Petit site :thumbsup:

Looks like I get to follow Axeman (THE racing god) around on the Sunday!

Bring it on :D

Where are all the welsh contingent staying that weekend then?

Welshy40
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
But the big question is
are you going to run yore ZXS ????

mvh Isobarik

Iso

Doubt it as ive no front gearboxes and dont have enough time now to test the brass rear gearbox parts properly to see if they work and of course i will need to work on the setup due to the extra weight. Gutted but will get it going soon.

GRIFF55
11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Not sure where I'm staying mate, not booked anywhere yet:blush:

blue_pinky
08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Just remembered I need to sort a hotel out for this...anyone else booking in anywhere yet? I know Dave Belston has...but not sure where...anyone else?

GRIFF55
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
hahahaha, me too...........

axeman
28-12-2010, 04:36 PM
just booked into the hilton!!!!!

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/hilton-east-midlands-airport.html?aid=303948;label=castle-donington-q0CxUiZ3LozJU7pkFRWhpwS4012420881;sid=6925637b752f 62083a0861ff51191801

Belsten
29-12-2010, 10:42 PM
the Welsh do not play games :woot:

blue_pinky
30-12-2010, 09:49 AM
lol...nice one Steve...still need to do this myself...anyone else going all Paris on us? ;-)

axeman
30-12-2010, 11:08 AM
booked it cos I need a swim, sauna and steam to loosen me up ready for a night with Reg!!!!:bored:

Dyna
30-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Lol im also booked in there for the Saturday night.... :lol:

Friday night i'm staying with a mate in Derby but on Saturday in the Hilton at the airport.

axeman
30-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Ménage à trois :thumbsup::thumbsup:

blue_pinky
30-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Just booked in there too...:thumbsup:

axeman
10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
gents was wondering should we book a bench for pitting for the weekend??
Yes I said bench not wench!!!!

Belsten
10-01-2011, 09:05 PM
you paying :confused::confused::confused::confused:

axeman
10-01-2011, 09:12 PM
yes me and reg will cover £10 you tight git... :p

Belsten
10-01-2011, 09:21 PM
thanks dude but dont worry its back to those principles and another can o worms, see I dont just do it in wales :woot:

Dyna
10-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Would be nice to pit together :)

But lets face it, i dont work on my car unless i REALLY have to, so i put batteries on charge and that it for me - i'll probably be anywhere but my pit space :lol:

Actually saying that, seeing the 6am start ill probably be sleeping in my car whenever i can... must remember an alarm clock set to my heat times... :yawn:

I think James is getting there on the friday, if we wanted to 'buy' pitting together im sure he could sort it ?

Welshy40
10-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Will do mate, and i will be your pit man as well if needed.

axeman
11-01-2011, 07:46 AM
ok james will leave it your hands.. me reg will be there early sat afternoon...:thumbsup:

blue_pinky
11-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Mmmm....would be better to pit together for sure...but as Dave said...can 'o' worms really...and do we really have enough of us for that?

If you read the thread...there are actually only something like 13 people who need to bring their own tables and a few more for chairs...I always have mine in my car anyway, but plan just to get there early Saturday at the mo.

But I guess whatever really...not sure I agree with the whole paying thing, but would be good to have a spot too if there's enough of us!

axeman
11-01-2011, 08:12 PM
I've heard there are parking meters going on the rostrum aswell!!! london prices +25%

fuel £40
hotel £47.50
Evening meal £20
Food for race day £10
pitting £10

Hurling abuse at all the Welsh drivers priceless:p

chris (reg) reardon
11-01-2011, 10:31 PM
10 pounds on food what is that a snack before we start
i recon at least 25 pounds and im still gona eat every body elses food wup wup
u sure 6 am start what about breakfast
dont think i need the practice food more important lmao:thumbsup::thumbsup:
it's gona b a real good weekend i think it might b contageos this racing :woot:
loads more welsh people butty :woot:

Dyna
11-01-2011, 11:51 PM
One thing that affects myself, Steve, Reg & Andy and/or anyone else sleeping at the Hilton....

You cant check out until 7am at the earliest - so if your staying there for a Friday night, praccy starts at 7am Saturday morning and you aint gonna get there until 7.30am at the earliest by the time youv'e checked out of the hotel, driven to the track and got ready to run.

Sunday praccy starts at 6.30 am so same problem but worse....

Either way, looks like some of us will miss a round or two of practice if we are in the earlier practice heats :(

Welshy40
12-01-2011, 06:40 AM
May be worth emailing the club thats running the event and explaining this as booking in will most probably be from 6am to 7am and like last year they dont hang around.

axeman
12-01-2011, 07:53 AM
long as you don't charge anything to your room you can use the express booking out system at any hilton. if you do charge shit to your room they have already got your card details......

so no need to worry about that dyna....

blue_pinky
12-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm sure an early check out will be fine...it's an airport hotel, they must be used to it! I'll be asking them about it when I check in on Friday anyway just to see what we need to do.

Pops
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Team dad says good luck to all:)Really gonna miss you all:wub Have a great time guys:D

axeman
16-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Had f*cking great weekend will tell more after I've slept!!!

chris (reg) reardon
16-01-2011, 10:44 PM
had great time just got in think i slept drove if there is sutch a thing cant remember driving home but great wekend even if i drove like a pleb but there u go started to get it together last heat and the final next time will b better shame more welsh people dident come :thumbsup:

weeman
16-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Wooooooooooo goooo. M final reg goooooooo. :woot:

axeman
18-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Got a vid of Reg at Petite.....
Yes reg this was when you copied my set-up!!!!! good clean run.. Well done lover!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNGlWGU_Rx4

axeman
18-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Had an awsome weekend. went out in practice and put a nice time down for me. and again in round 1. The problem I had was I needed to push myself to hold a reasonable postion in the EOR.
With advice of all the Welsh team and finally finding the balls to push my driving out of my comfort zone, I found my extra lap. putting me in the J - final 8th on the grid. Had a good run got up into second then through it away on the big jump landing off the track, fell back to 5th pushed on again and finished in 3rd.. :thumbsup:

Well done to Andy who also came from the 8th on the grid in his final and also finished in 3rd. fair play to andy put on a hell on race having to fight from start to finish to hold his postion.

Reg has now learnt to stop using launch control on his LRP speedo and it ballsd up his start again (same as the F3 in silverstone). reg's car snatched to right and put himself into the barrier on the start. so he went from 3rd to 8th in less than 1 meter. but reg in his true style of "I'll pull it off in the final" finished in well repectable 2nd!!.

Andy Griff and Belsten did us Welsh proud E-final Belsten took the win in a very close final. getting to 1st back into second then holding 1st for the last 2 laps. Andy lost a lot of time due to poor soldering on his motor I believe giving him only the power of a 10.5 motor a very fast paced track. unlucky andy.

Sorry james I didn't see your final as I went for a poo at that point. but did see you in the destruction derby, them burying your face in that girls boobs.

Well done all and thanks for looking after Reg and me. looking forwards to the nationals now.

Welshy40
18-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Guys you did really well, plus dont forget you were not at club but against some of the best in the UK so your position was rather good.

I had a laugh and have to thank Dave for a lot of that and even though my 4wd qualifier was from my first round due to being too tired to focus and race in the other qualifiers but I cant really find any faults. The way I felt at the end was rather nice and warm between two nice big bouncy pillows, but you needed to be there for the UFO to understand what I am on about :p

Welshy40
18-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Had an awsome weekend. went out in practice and put a nice time down for me. and again in round 1. The problem I had was I needed to push myself to hold a reasonable postion in the EOR.
With advice of all the Welsh team and finally finding the balls to push my driving out of my comfort zone, I found my extra lap. putting me in the J - final 8th on the grid. Had a good run got up into second then through it away on the big jump landing off the track, fell back to 5th pushed on again and finished in 3rd.. :thumbsup:

Well done to Andy who also came from the 8th on the grid in his final and also finished in 3rd. fair play to andy put on a hell on race having to fight from start to finish to hold his postion.

Reg has now learnt to stop using launch control on his LRP speedo and it ballsd up his start again (same as the F3 in silverstone). reg's car snatched to right and put himself into the barrier on the start. so he went from 3rd to 8th in less than 1 meter. but reg in his true style of "I'll pull it off in the final" finished in well repectable 2nd!!.

Andy Griff and Belsten did us Welsh proud E-final Belsten took the win in a very close final. getting to 1st back into second then holding 1st for the last 2 laps. Andy lost a lot of time due to poor soldering on his motor I believe giving him only the power of a 10.5 motor a very fast paced track. unlucky andy.

Sorry james I didn't see your final as I went for a poo at that point. but did see you in the destruction derby, them burying your face in that girls boobs.

Well done all and thanks for looking after Reg and me. looking forwards to the nationals now.

Mate you two cracked me up and made the day so much better so cheers for that, and glad you took in the advice to improve. You did bloody well and I know you can do so much better so get pracitcing and getting it sorted for next year.

Mate my 4wd final was 8th to 2nd and the halfway through I snapped the rear wishbone doing another high jump, but was bloody good fun.

By the way those melons were nice and warm and she did say to me on the rostrum that Nicolas put her there to distract me so I had to oblige. I found out that if I actually did the proper laps I may have won the UFO but who cares when back flips were there for the taking whilst Lee and Hupo were coming around the other way, pity I missed them all. Custom blitz was miffed as I ruined the shell but I only scratched it and broke a shock tower so am a bit surprised how well it took the abuse I was giving it.