PDA

View Full Version : Setting up HPI Blitz

minke
02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I have been struggling to get my blitz set up for running on mix of carpet and slippery floor. I originally had a losi 6.5T with 5000mah 40c lipo's fitted, running a 23 pinion on the stock spur. Basically, even on carpet sections it was un-controllable, back end spun out even with gentle throttle inputs. Steering throw sucked and very little grip with stock tyres.
Now my attempts so far include -

putting losi 10.5T in
ordering full set of pinions
moving ballcups forward on the steering rack
loosening slipper a lot
trying all sorts of esc settings

Also considering some tyres, maybe proline caliber

I've got to the point where i get with most setups, "sick of messing around,stuff it, get it on the track" then lose.

That said its a stupid amount of fun, could be my new fave car

Frecklychimp
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi,

a 6.5T is definitely too much in a 2wd SCT, tried it and its not driveable, I run a 6.5T 7800KV in my Hong Nor 4wd truck but its hard work and drifts well, lots of fun!

10.5T is a sensible choice.

I tried a Blitz indoors on carpet with a 10.5 and found it the same as you on kit tyres, more rear toe in improved rear grip with kit tyres.

A little toe out on the front helps turn in a lot but can make them snappy and loose on rear on more open corners.

noticed camber makes lots of difference on SCT's try -2 deg and work down if its too loose.

Thats with 40W oil all round, kit springs and kit shock positions, drop ride height as low as possible indoors, depending if you have big jumps etc, also helps grip.

ProLine calibers are good on carpet/mixed, J concepts subcultures also work well, I prefer same tyres all round, although ProLine on rear and Jconcepts on front works, if you swap them round it will be tail happy as prolines are grippier.

We are all using Fastrax Koarse Kings spikes indoors and on astroturf, they are a bit hard for carpet and slide a bit but depends whether you like using opposite lock into corners!

Stick with the Blitz, i think its the best 2wd SCT available at the minute... but i'm definitely going for a Losi XXX SCT when they are released, old time Losi fan i'm afraid!

good luck, hope this has helped?