PDA

View Full Version : What brushless system to get

pb1
03-10-2007, 08:27 PM
What brushless to get

Was looking at the NOSRAM MATRIX EVOLUTION 2007

ashleyb4
03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
I defently recomend the nosram matrix evolution 2007 edition ive been running one in my xx4 since april and has never let me down top notch speedo. I would also recomend the orion vortex motors a big improvement over the normals nosram motors as they have sinitered rotos which are much more powerfull and feels like a brushed motor. What car will you be running it in?????????

A

pb1
03-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I defently recomend the nosram matrix evolution 2007 edition ive been running one in my xx4 since april and has never let me down top notch speedo. I would also recomend the orion vortex motors a big improvement over the normals nosram motors as they have sinitered rotos which are much more powerfull and feels like a brushed motor. What car will you be running it in?????????

A

Running in a bj4 we

matt
03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I run the the LRP comp (same as the nosram but blue) and it is very good. And Ash have you had a Nosram or LRP motor, if not how can you go round saying that the Orion one is better.

ashleyb4
03-10-2007, 08:40 PM
So yea like i said above i would recomend possibly a 5.5 or 6.5 motor dependingon your drving capabilitys. The only other thing you may want to consider is getting the nosram matrix tc version which has improved something which makes it run cooler im not 100% what the diffrence is but its meant to make the esc run cooler with faster motors.

A

ashleyb4
03-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I run the the LRP comp (same as the nosram but blue) and it is very good. And Ash have you had a Nosram or LRP motor, if not how can you go round saying that the Orion one is better.

Ive known and seen alot of people sell there nosram/lrp motors and change them for novak and orion motors as there better quality more water proof and generally run cooler and they have sinitered rotors.

And have you run an orion motor tosay its not better?????

A

Welshy40
03-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Well I am running a sensorless esc (Mamba Max from Castle Creations in the US and a Peak (which is identical to Orion) brushless motor and is really good. You cant tell the difference from a brush, well with exception of a better run time. Tekin are now doing an esc for both sensor and sensorless so worth checking them out.

AndyM
03-10-2007, 08:43 PM
i'd recommend the Nosram speedo too, never had anything go wrong with mine, nd the Nosram motors are good too...quite a few people seem to hav had reliability problems with the motors, but mine has been fine since i got it.

AndyM
03-10-2007, 08:44 PM
ash, he never sed they werent better, he just asked how you wud know they were better, as you have never run them.

matt
03-10-2007, 08:48 PM
There is nothing wrong with the LRP,Nosram motors and they are doing some good combos at the mo. You can get a standard matrix with a 6.5, then there is the Matrix Evo with a 5.5 and a Matrix TC with a 4.5. You can also get these combos with the LRP's

PaulRotheram
03-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Nosram/LRP 2007 Touring car version with a 5.5 or 6.5 depending on ability.

Note, the touring car version comes with cooling equipment which is ideal for a 4wd, especially the bj4 as it is a direct fit with no modifications.

pb1
03-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Nosram/LRP 2007 Touring car version with a 5.5 or 6.5 depending on ability.

Note, the touring car version comes with cooling equipment which is ideal for a 4wd, especially the bj4 as it is a direct fit with no modifications.

is worth looking at NOVAK GTB Velociti 6.5 – Racing Brushless System

PaulRotheram
03-10-2007, 09:10 PM
They are good systems, although the LRP/Nosram speedo have alot more tuneability and are known to produce more power.

The 'perfect' combo would be an LRP 2007 TC esc and a novak sensored motor, however this puts the cost up compared to a package deal.

The Novak system has very little options, there is no punch control and breaks have been abit touchy. Although it is a very good system non the less.

The novak is just as good as other brands, but my personal choice would be the LRP/Nosram systems, the downside is they are sometimes hard to get ahold of at shops in the UK.

spenner
03-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Or you can try the all new Tekin Range!!!

Small and neat and we are doing the R1 Pro system for a bargain first order price....

Check out www.theraceplace.co.uk (http://www.theraceplace.co.uk) for more details..

tyreman
03-10-2007, 10:19 PM
They are good systems, although the LRP/Nosram speedo have alot more tuneability and are known to produce more power.

The 'perfect' combo would be an LRP 2007 TC esc and a novak sensored motor, however this puts the cost up compared to a package deal.

The Novak system has very little options, there is no punch control and breaks have been abit touchy. Although it is a very good system non the less.

The novak is just as good as other brands, but my personal choice would be the LRP/Nosram systems, the downside is they are sometimes hard to get ahold of at shops in the UK.

Paul I have to disagree with that last statment, i think the best combo is LRP/ Nosram speedo's and Peak/Orion motors. As you can tune the Peak motors to your needs.

Novak speedo's can have the punch adjusted, it's just different to the LRP speedo with the Novak to increase the punch you lower the drive frequency and to make it smoother you increase it.

pb1
04-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Paul I have to disagree with that last statment, i think the best combo is LRP/ Nosram speedo's and Peak/Orion motors. As you can tune the Peak motors to your needs.

Novak speedo's can have the punch adjusted, it's just different to the LRP speedo with the Novak to increase the punch you lower the drive frequency and to make it smoother you increase it.

Thanks for the advice

i have about £170 to spend so may be a combo is worth looking at

xavi
04-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Anybody knows how works novak gtb spektrum with orion/GM/Peak?

What's happeinig with Tekin? Who is using it?
Will Tekin make new ESC with sensor?
Is R1 pro sensorless?
Where is the new brushless esc from Quark? any news?

Is brushless the future? In recent worlds many drivers used brushed motors. Why?

spenner
04-10-2007, 10:34 AM
With regard the Tekin R1 Pro.....

They have Stuart Wood and Kevin Lee (National Winner Rnd 6) running there new speedo's for next season..

Yes they are sensorless..
They are very small so keep room to a minimum.
The Raceplace team drivers will all be using the Tekin systems for 2008!!!

If you pm me we are doing special deal for first orders taken for the R1 Pro system, you will have change from your £170!!

If you want anymore details pm me i will be happy to help.

Tekin have a batch of the R1 Pro's in the factory, they are checking all of them before they are sent out..

pb1
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM

They have Stuart Wood and Kevin Lee (National Winner Rnd 6) running there new speedo's for next season..

If you pm me we are doing special deal for first orders taken for the R1 Pro system, you will have change from your £170!!

Tekin have a batch of the R1 Pro's in the factory, they are checking all of them before they are sent out..

Thank you very much
I will have think and pm you if needed

mark christopher
04-10-2007, 11:07 AM

wat wind motor comes with that?

DCM
04-10-2007, 11:09 AM
if you need any help in setting the Tekin R1 up, drop us a PM too, I should have mine in the next 7/10 days. There are no heatsinks or fans needed, no Hal wire, it has a thermal identification to, plus an optional Hotwire that will allow you to adjust from a pc and up/download setups to.

Nick Goodall
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Lee's Novak systems seem to have been pretty good this year, that's what i'm going to run over the winter. Hoping it won't take me too long to get used to it!

spenner
04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
We are doing the 5.5 and 6.5 Redline motors..

We can also get the Brushed FX range and the hotter Redline Brushless motors.

After the tests with these sensorless speed controls and motors they were out performing there large rivals!!!!

There are a number of Tekin Factory drivers that come on this forum who can help if you need to ask any questions..

DCM
Woody
KevLee
Myself
BigRed
Modelimages

and im sure others will let you know!!!

xavi
04-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I would like comparable experinces with diferent ESC vs Tekin R1 pro.

Which motor is mounted with Tekin, results? Compatibility with all sensored motors for example Novak or Orion. How it works with these motors?

Kevin Lee did't seem to run with Tekin last national, is that correct?

Tekin ESC R1 seems to be very good but why it doesn't needs heatsink or fan when for others is essential.

When we wll see on Tekin's web hotwire info?

I can't wait :-P

Richard Lowe
04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
The Tekin kit isn't widely used yet, they've been working on it for quite a while!

I havn't used the Novak ESC's but they seem OK, they run a bit hotter than the LRP/Nosram ESC's. I race with Dan Greenwood and Chris Long quite a bit and haven't seen them have any problems with their Novak's. I've got an LRP 2007 in my 2wd and Nosram TC Spec in my 4wd, both have been very good.

One thing I can say is not to get an LRP/Nosram motor, they are OK when they are working but the reliability just isn't there at the moment and Horizon are being very awkward about replacing the two I have that have gone wrong.

The Novak motors seem to be pretty much bullit proof, the Orion/Peak motor looks good but the big holes in the can put me off trying one for the moment.

mark christopher
04-10-2007, 12:19 PM
The Tekin kit isn't widely used yet, they've been working on it for quite a while!

I havn't used the Novak ESC's but they seem OK, they run a bit hotter than the LRP/Nosram ESC's. I race with Dan Greenwood and Chris Long quite a bit and haven't seen them have any problems with their Novak's. I've got an LRP 2007 in my 2wd and Nosram TC Spec in my 4wd, both have been very good.

One thing I can say is not to get an LRP/Nosram motor, they are OK when they are working but the reliability just isn't there at the moment and Horizon are being very awkward about replacing the two I have that have gone wrong.

The Novak motors seem to be pretty much bullit proof, the Orion/Peak motor looks good but the big holes in the can put me off trying one for the moment.
i had a nosram motor fail, (cracked a bonded rotor) mirage sent a replacment that i fitted, when i tried it the speedo opened its smoke canister and the motor did not work, called mirage and within the week had a new motor and speedo updated from matrix to 007 version all foc! so i can only praise them, the system has been fine ever since!!

Lee Martin
04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Brushless=

Look Wat company had the only brushless systems in the 2wd Worlds A final...........

mark christopher
04-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Brushless=

Look Wat company had the only brushless systems in the 2wd Worlds A final...........
does not make it the best though

losixxx
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
NO mark just means stick to brushed like me:D

DCM
04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I am not sure, but I think they offer a range of combo's (but don't quote me on that) with the Tekin unit. It is touch as they have had it running a truggy with a 11.1v Lipo conversion to.

spenner
04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Kevin Lee was sponsored by Horizon Hobby last season so no he wouldn't have used the Tekin..

But he has now moved to the Tekin Factroy team because he is liking the new products from them.

The R1 has yet to be released to the public which is why they are not around!!
It has been under development for a while because they wanted to make sure they released a product that didn't have any problems.

They are sensorless which doesn't transmit as much heat to the main speedo as other brands do. It also has new temp control built in.
These are new generation technology and will be near the top for sure this year.

Lee Martin
04-10-2007, 01:25 PM
All the LRP guys choose brushed...novak loved the brushless and still qualified 2nd, 6th and 8th respectivly.......

to me...thats enough evidence for the better speedo.

Lee Martin
04-10-2007, 01:29 PM
also the first brushless system to win a UK national Title.........???????

any ideas which one?

jimmy
04-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I can't fault the Nosram matrix 2007 I've been using, its great. I've seen other people have problems with the lrp/nsram motors etc, I've even had to lend my 6.5 out after woodys 6.5 nosram died. Personally I've not had any problems with the motors, only the old LRP which had the shaft spit out of the back of the motor.

Richard Lowe
04-10-2007, 01:40 PM
They are sensorless which doesn't transmit as much heat to the main speedo as other brands do.
Huh :confused:

jimmy
04-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I think he means that Sensorless run cooler Rich

tony6187
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
hi i have been runing the novak brushless in both my 2wd and 4wd drive and have never had a problem.i have seen one other person with an lrp at the club have problems(although replaced promptly i must add) personly i think this is the most important thing as im just an average driver and to be honest cant really tell the difference in feel between systems.just my 2 cent:)

spenner
04-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Sorry, did mean the Tekin (sensorless) run much cooler than the sensored...

Though saying that i never used a fan on the Novak or LRP at all last year!!
Never thermalled once.
Most of it is the driver and his thumbs in off road...

Don't race flat cars so couldn't tell you for them but im guessing hotter winds fan is essential.

super__dan
04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Of the big three I don't believe anyone can argue that both Novak speedos and motors are more reliable, certainly the motors by an absolute mile. Good customer service is all well and good, but the rate at which you see blue and red motors braking is nuts.

I can tell you I wouldn't buy any new brushless system until I'd seen whether it had proved reliable or not. I would hope the Tekin is reliable after how long it's taken to get to Market!

Chris Doughty
04-10-2007, 02:44 PM
this is very much a mine is the best kind of thread.

but really, the 'mine is the best' theory is obviously true else that person would not run it... :rolleyes:

anyway.... mine is the best :p

Chrislong
04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey Chris,
You are right... LOL.... mine is best
(Novak I mean)

I thought this was a one horse race now, has it not been long enough to conclude that Novak is the best? Ive been running a GTB and sintered Novak motors for ages now, and still on the first ones I fitted without fault.

losixxx
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
its a good job the novak is more reliable (apparently;)) due to the warranty they give it compared to some others:D

if and i say if as at the moment i have no intention of going brushless it would be the lrp/nosram and prob orion/peak motor

David Church
04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I would def say NOVAK!!!!!!! After my experience at the worlds, and what I saw and experienced, Novak are by far the all round better way to go!!!!!!:D

Richard Lowe
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Ive been running a GTB and sintered Novak motors for ages now, and still on the first ones I fitted without fault.
That proves it's reliable! :p

I agree with Chris D that threads like this usually turn into 'mine is best', and drivers who are sponsored will always big up their equipment.

I like to think I'm pretty impartial, given I'm not supported for any of my electrics ;)

DCM
04-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I can only comment on the advantages of the Tekin gear, not run anything else in years.

dan_kitty
18-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Im looking into a new speedo, after my gtb popped a few weeks ago. This time im gonna get one with a long warranty as the novak was only 120 days or something and i cant find out how to get in repaired. The tekin looks tempting, what sort of warranty does it come with please?

ta

chrispattinson
18-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Send your Novak off for a non-warranty repair / replacement, it will be much cheaper.

Details are on the Novak website.

dan_kitty
18-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Send your Novak off for a non-warranty repair / replacement, it will be much cheaper.

Details are on the Novak website.

cheers, the novak site says to contact cml which i have but have had no response. So im still none the wiser where to send it to. Has anyone else had there unit refurbished?. It would be great if i could get the novak fixed, has given me great performance throughout.

ta

markwilliamson2001
18-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Never had any problems with my older Novak kit, or my recent Novak GTB kit, they have been utterly reliable. (Did get a bonded rotor in my 6.5 motor, but according to the box, this is actually correct :rolleyes:). The only piece of 'blue' kit i ever bought was a charger, and it packed up after 3 meetings for no reason. Did have a dead old nosram (when it was dan marson's dad's stuff (which was great!). Tell you what, havent touched them since.

Mark

Lee Martin
18-10-2007, 03:50 PM
DC is the best to experience this!

Nick Goodall
18-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I ran my new Novak Brushless System with a 6.5 at Clanfield on Dirt for the first time this weekend and i can't fault it!

It ran nice and cool, gave silly amounts of power and stayed really consistent through each pack of cells - absolutely loved it and you can't get a much harder test then driving it on dirt as you have to be super smooth :cool:

chrispattinson
18-10-2007, 05:10 PM
On the Novak site, go to either customer service, or downloads. Download the non warranty repair form, its at this url: http://www.teamnovak.com/download/srvc_forms/index.html

You will need to look at other forms to get repair prices for the unit.
It tells you on the form, that they will bin your unit, and send either a new or reconditioned one, (your choice).

Its only £3.50 to send it to the USA, and it cost me around £60 to get it repaired and sent back, though this was in May. The turn around was really quick, and the unit which came back was brand new (looked it), even though I requested a reconditioned one. Had new wires, switch, fan, cap and case.

If you need any other advice on sending it back, just shout.

dan_kitty
18-10-2007, 08:28 PM
great stuff cheers, looking into it now:)

Chris Elworthy
18-10-2007, 09:16 PM
After running the GTB all year I was thinking about a change to LRP for next season, After what ive read I should just keep hold of my GTB , Now what can I spend that money ive saved on??????? mmmmmmmmmm!!!

Richard Lowe
18-10-2007, 09:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with the LRP/Nosram ESC's, at the moment the motors seem a bit hit and miss.

ashleyb4
18-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Ive run my nosram matrix evolution 2007 edition with a orion 7.5 motors tonight indoors at Oswestry on power setting two slightly over geared in my xx4 and it ace the speedo was cold when it came off the power delivery was so smooth i couldnt believe it and it but it was very quick very good speedos and also very good motors. I think the nosram/ LRP speedos are so much better than the novak ones.

A

super__dan
19-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Because you've had and run a GTB for a long time?

josh_smaxx
19-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Just bought an orion 6.5, glad im hearing good things about them :D

David Church
19-10-2007, 05:24 PM
DC is the best to experience this!

I have had a few problems with the Novak, mostly down to me!!!
I pinched the switch wire and shorted out the speedo, thats my fault, and it cost me a run at the Euro's.
But the service I had was great!!!! They changed the 1 that went wrong that wasnt my fault!!!., and Charlie from Novak was Ace at the Worlds, he looked at my spare speedo, and put all new wires and capicator on it FOC!!!:D
So for the service I got from Novak, I would def say Novak is the way to go!!!!!!:D