PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bag Essentials

mattJT
07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi all

Well, am going to take the plunge and start racing at EPR at the next winter warmer, having watched the last two and had a couple of practice runs up the track during the week.

My question to you all (having seen some pretty impressive pit arrays) what would you recommend as essential pit gear?

Going to run in both b4.1 and short course classes, have a handfull of lipo's, charger and necessary tools.

Many Thanks

Matt

tymill
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
I'd say you're 99% there. Just make sure you've got some spares of bits that you might break on either car.

Then again, I came to the race today by train with everything including my short course truck packed away into one small 1940s globetrotter suitcase. :blush:

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17930&stc=1&d=1289172147

Cheers,
Ty

mattJT
08-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Cool, cheers ty, that looks like a nice compact set up, that's what I fancy aiming for :)

The slash is pretty hopped so in theory shouldn't break that much.....in theory.

The b4.1 is totally stock bar the rpm bumper, so guessing will need to stock up on these one tho.

Cheers Matt

mattJT
08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
While I'm here, do any of you find that you need to put weights onboard for the track?

Cheers
matt

shqureshi
10-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi Matt, some of us will be at the track on Saturday (usually after 11am) - I'm sure Steve will put something out soon to confirm.. more track work i think..

not sure how close you are but if you are close just pop to the track and you can have a proper chat

Thanks
Shareef.

mattJT
10-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi shareef, me bout half hour away so sounds good to me :) do you have an idea how long you'll be up there for on sat? (just planning me day),

cheers
matt

shqureshi
11-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Reckon we'll be around from 11am till about 3pm - cya there

MattADH
12-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Steve and I have some work to do on the rostrum and will be making some changes to prevent unapproved practice as well as vandalism and general disrespect for the track area...

I hope to be trackside from 10am to get started if anyone plans on being there earlier...