PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Contract

paulc
08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys

My mobile contract is up what phones are good and ones to stay away from i am on 3 network was looking at the HTC phones any good ??

Cheers Paul

ianhaye
08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
nokia and vodaphone myself :-)

Timee80
08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm with 3 and have the HTC hero. Android is excellent and i wont switch now. Go for the desire because its a lot faster than the hero

Dazzler
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I have had the desire since June, and have been very pleased with it. I see no benefit in having the equivalent phone from the opposition - unless of course you have money to burn, receiving very little in terms of mins. I'm on Orange, 400 mins, unlimited texts and internet. It's also insured. 23 quid a month.... :woot::woot: seems good to me, but people may be getting better deals now. 18 months contract.

petemid8
08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
i phone, the best phone you can get by a country mile. :lol:

c0sie
09-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I had one of the first HTC Desire HD's in the UK. Its a big fone, likes its battery but I wouldnt change it for the world.

jim76
09-11-2010, 08:49 PM
the desire is a great phone, and the new desire HD is awesome, although the screen is mahoosive. They also do a desire Z with flip out keyboard if you prefer the feel of real keys.
Samsung galaxy S is also an excellent android phone.

If you are after something at the cheaper end of the smartphone range, the Wildfire has been cleaning up that section. Excellent budget android phone and build quality puts more expensive phones to shame

i'd steer clear of the windows phones for the first generation until they get some decent apps and iron out a few bugs.
Andriod 2.2 is a pretty mature platform now

Timee80
09-11-2010, 09:01 PM
i phone, the best phone you can get by a country mile. :lol:
Yeah, alright then mate. :woot:Those days are long gone now buddy. Wake up and smell the Android!!!!

emzy
09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I just got a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro (MOUTHFUL!) and I'm not 100% sure I'd recommend it... its perfect if you're looking for a more pocket-sized phone that an iPhone or Desire, but with it being so small its all a bit fiddly with slightly crazy menus. Definitely get a Mini Pro rather than a Mini though - the pull down keyboard is a lifesaver.

With an unlimited budget I'd get an iPhone, hands down. And second to that the new HTC Desire. My friend just got an iPhone 4 on 3. I think she pays £35 per month and the phone was £99 which I didn't think was bad.

I just got a 3 monthly contract (sim only) and I'm paying £15 per month for 300 minutes, 3000 3 to 3 minutes, 3000 texts and 1gb of internet and I can cancel whenever I want. I am having a few problems with calls not getting through though, but if you're already on 3 and don't have that problem, that'll be fine.

:)

petemid8
09-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah, alright then mate. :woot:Those days are long gone now buddy. Wake up and smell the Android!!!!

OK. Have fun individually shutting down the 20 running apps every time your phone freezes up.

emzy
09-11-2010, 11:48 PM
OK. Have fun individually shutting down the 20 running apps every time your phone freezes up.

Advanced Task Killer ftw ;)