PDA

View Full Version : first time spraying with airbrush

grimidol
09-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Just a quick thanks for the paints and advice form RCS Graphic worx first time spraying for about 5 years with a airbrush .. was fun lol
Will look into how to do some affects next time the paints rock tho colour is so bright.:)

jonmiller
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey buddy, my pleasure. Glad you had fun, that's the main thing.
Any questions just give me a shout.
Looks like you did a good job on the shell mate. You didn't use the pinstriping by the look of it, or is it just the pics?

grimidol
10-11-2010, 05:30 AM
I would like to say it is just the picture lol no I had a novice problem with that part but know what I did wrong hehe the paint is so easy to fade together going to buy another shell very soon and practice Hmmmmmm could just buy some sheets ?

jonmiller
10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
yep, just buy some a4 polycarbonate sheets off ebay to practice one. 1mm is the thiness on ebay but if you ask some of the sellers they will have thinner.

did you have a look through the basic step by step on using the masks on my site?

got some cheap translucent paints for sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexan-Polycarbonate-Paint-Faskolor-Createx-2oz-/250723999828?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_J N&hash=item3a6050a054

true candies are now ready also. ive been messing about with the mixture to get it right and am now happy to unleash it. :)

grimidol
10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
sounds good got some lexan coming now yay :)

Finch Wxm
10-11-2010, 07:59 PM
JON any recomandations, im looking to do my own shells, im thinking of getting some colours and liqud mask from you.

im looking for airbrush kit wiv a compressor or just a compressed can, any recomendations for under £80 ?

jaxx
10-11-2010, 08:28 PM
If you want some cheap practice "canvas" try 2ltr pop bottles. Chop the top and bottom off. slice down, it gives a lot of area for zero outlay (bar the initial pop).

jonmiller
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Finch - drop me an email buddy and we can discuss. jon@rcsgraphicworx.co.uk

I don't recommend the pop bottles for practice personally as they curl up.
get some 1mm or less polycarbonate sheets. or some cheap plexi glass sheets etc