PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Identification Help

Rob H
09-10-2007, 08:02 AM
looking for a different set of wheels for my DF-03 and quite like these. Anyone know which ones they are and where I can get them from?

craigosh
09-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Kyosho ones, think they are off one of their nitro models! Dont know if you can get them anymore other than maybe in japan!!!

terry.sc
09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
They are Kyosho Inferno TR-15 wheels. No longer available in black, they are still available in yellow and white. Part numbers are yellow fronts W6061KY rears W6063KY, white fronts W6062 rears W6064 and are available to order from any Kyosho stockist.

If you want black wheels the HPI Super RS4 wheels http://www.hpiracing.com/piw4.php?part=3036 are the same size as buggy rears and can obviously be narrowed for fronts.

JCJC
09-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Search on here for dylon or dyeing wheels black.

Rob H
09-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info.

Terry, how do you mean can be narrowed for the front, I am a bit new at this.

Also assume it is a straight swop with no mods to use the kyosho wheels on the tamiya

terry.sc
09-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info.

Terry, how do you mean can be narrowed for the front, I am a bit new at this.

Also assume it is a straight swop with no mods to use the kyosho wheels on the tamiyaThe wheels will fit straight on, considering Tamiya adopted the Kyosho standard 12mm hex drive.

On the wheels are the two ribs to mount the tyre bead between. You cut the rib off the inner edge like in the picture below and mount the tyre up against the remaining inner rib.

Rob H
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
The wheels will fit straight on, considering Tamiya adopted the Kyosho standard 12mm hex drive.

On the wheels are the two ribs to mount the tyre bead between. You cut the rib off the inner edge like in the picture below and mount the tyre up against the remaining inner rib.

Got it thanks is that the kyosho or HPI you show or both the same anyway