PDA

View Full Version : Possible indoor venue for club meetings

DianneH
20-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I am meeting with Jamie (who used to be the manager at Batley Sports Centre and is now managing at Whitcliffe Mount Sports Centre) on Monday of next week to discuss indoor club racing. For anyone who does not know where this is - it is about 2 miles from our outdoor track.

They have outdoor storage space and for approximately £120 we could have the container from Batley Sports Centre moved to Whitcliffe.

They have a 4-court badminton hall which has a similar surface to the hall at Batley but he says it has more grip than the Batley one. He says that the hall is just a little smaller than at Batley but hardly noticeable and would be big enough for club meetings.

They have a couple of 'quiet sesssions' one of which is from 12 noon on Sundays - and we may be able to get this at a good enough rate to allow us to run club meetings and not lose out financially. If this is a 'quiet time' it may also give some flexibility if the weather is poor when we go outdoors - it is near enough for me to ring at short notice to see whether we could go indoors.

If it is suitable we should be able to make arrangements quickly and will also need to look at what we do about track markings - I think it would be a good idea to try to get new ones and then we would have sufficient track at each of our venues. We have gym mats etc already but it would be good if we could get some new track markings, new jumps made etc.

If anyone knows where we could get any hosing or anything else please make enquiries and see what we would need to do to collect it.

Anyone in the fire service or have any contacts in the fire service??

Dianne