PDA

View Full Version : High Density spikes Tamiya

trf14
13-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi, does anybody knows what the difference is between the Tamiya high density spikes C and K. Gues there is a compound difference ( also huge price difference, C compound cost double amount vs K compound)

Are they any good on astro-turf ?:rolleyes:

THx
TRF14

V-Rossi
13-10-2007, 05:01 PM
I used the C compound for 1 race, and they were great! Not too much grip like the Mini Pin Yellow has, but just the right amount of grip, you don't need to cut anything, and they are easy to fit on your wheels, easier than other tires.
Also other people who tried this tire were satisfied with it on carpet and astroturf.

bender
13-10-2007, 11:34 PM
I had always wondered about this myself. The kit tyres would work great on our loose dirt tracks if only they were of a compound similar to Prolines M3 type.

I was hoping that Tamiya's "C" compound was a much softer version than their "K" compound.

These tyres have excellent molded foam inserts and fit rims so much better than Losi or Proline tyres, it would be great if they were available in the right compound for those of us who race on dirt.

V-Rossi
14-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Just try them, in Hongkong you pay them about $11-12 for a whole set, I think it's worth a try. I'll be using them the next race probably, as they also don't wear out as fast as other tires (with my previous set, I used it for 3 races).

trf14
14-10-2007, 07:56 PM
just placed order and going to try them in Kampenhout ( Belgium GP) as soon as I have them. btw I also bought team azarashi upper deck plates..keep you update on effect..

thx
:)

V-Rossi
15-10-2007, 06:39 AM
The Kampenhout GP will be in about 10 months from now, you'll have to be very patient:)
I'll be running the tires again this month on the track of Arendonk, about the same conditions as Kampenhout (astroturf - high grip).

romandesimone
01-07-2008, 05:28 AM
So... are the "C" tires softer than the "K" tires ???

How would they rate compared to Pro-Line's M2,M3,and R3 ????

Could some one help as this question has not been answered completely and I am thinking of trying them just so I have covered every option, Pro-Line,Losi,Panther, and maybe now Tamiya ??????

Or are they a waste of time and money ?

edvin
01-07-2008, 07:11 AM
If you now how soft (or hard) is Prolines M2, then "C" is something between M0 and M-2. Difference between "C" and "K" is minimal.

Really pointless investment! Avoid it!

B44&501xRacerEX
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
They are great on loose dirt also. I ran them on my B44 to prove it.
It's unknown what the "C" means and the "K" means.

ben
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
They are great on loose dirt also. I ran them on my B44 to prove it.
It's unknown what the "C" means and the "K" means.

Well i guess seen as you ran them on your B44 they must be ace.
Maybe they just picked letters out of a hat to get the compounds? :confused:

Chris
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
just placed order and going to try them in Kampenhout ( Belgium GP) as soon as I have them. btw I also bought team azarashi upper deck plates..keep you update on effect..

thx
:)

Do they work @ the kampenhout track?