anyone who lives close if they could give an update please
many thanks
trekkker

Team No Idea
30-11-2010, 09:33 PM
hopefully no snow!!:(

cwilson
30-11-2010, 10:04 PM
well i live a stones throw away from the track and i can barely get around for the stuff. theres atleast 7" of snow at its deepest. plenty of people getting it wrong. including a megane going backwards down a steep hill and a transit wrapped around a lampost. bus are stranded and traffic is at a crawl. the only way to get around is by foot or by having a 4x4 or dirtbike. and im sure brookie can back me up on this. hope this melts by the time i have to race my banger a week after the upcoming epr meet.

brookie
30-11-2010, 10:33 PM
well i live a stones throw away from the track

a stones throw! ye Gods you've got more muscles in your right arm than we thought you had, wonder how you got those :woot:

Well having spent 5 hrs 10 mins getting home from central London by foot, two trains, a short walk, a bus, a bloody long walk and finally a former EPR members 4x4 (thanks Andy!) I can confirm that we currently have anywhere between 9 inches to a foot or more of snow locally (but more than a stones throw from the track!) and it's still falling!

Obviously we'll keep an eye on the weather but make a decision, taking into consideration ALL aspects (travelling, track and safety) of hosting and running this event, closer to the date!

Keep an eye on this forum (and our website) for further announcements!

Team No Idea
30-11-2010, 11:38 PM
cheers chaps!

trekkerkk
01-12-2010, 06:33 AM
thanks for the update steve:thumbsup:
lets hope it turns around for us:thumbsup:

trekkker

cwilson
01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
a stones throw! ye Gods you've got more muscles in your right arm than we thought you had, wonder how you got those :woot:

i got them from lifting roll cages in and out of my bangers. there not very light you know. gald to know that you got back safely.

David Church
01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
i got them from lifting roll cages in and out of my bangers. there not very light you know. gald to know that you got back safely.

I don't think that's what Steve meant:p
Think about it Charles........mmmmm ok, perhaps not.:D

spenner
01-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Just in case.... Silverstone winter series round 1 is on this saturday... if you fancy the trip up would be good to have you guys there... Indoors in the warm with large track and plenty of good jumps etc... look in the Silverstone thread for video from tuesday.

We was hoping to have people come to us then EPR on the sunday... but!! Weather doesn't look good..

Not hijacking thread, just letting people know of somewhere on the SATURDAY..

brookie
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't think that's what Steve meant:p
Think about it Charles........mmmmm ok, perhaps not.:D

Bang on DC, that's not what I meant and no lets not think about it! :thumbdown:

John - No worries, good idea's but not sure we'll be able to get out, even by Saturday!

Latest local weather news is.....more snow earlier today and now.....it's snowing again! :thumbdown: Deeper than a standard wellie, just ask the wife :woot: Seen one gritter this evening but that's as much use as a chocolate fire guard at the mo!

cwilson
02-12-2010, 01:27 AM
i know what you ment and i chose not to rise to it:p

niggs98
02-12-2010, 10:28 AM
i know what you ment and i chose not to rise to it:p

makes a change :D

R666REW
03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
any idea if tracks gonna be up and running i know it hard to predict just dont know how deep the snow has been there :confused:

MattADH
03-12-2010, 09:55 AM
We will make a decision today as Steve is going to head down to the track and look at the conditons and access. Of course the sports club may not be open and this would mean to toilets, etc.

Not looking too positive at the moment...

brookie
03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah.....I'm going to try!

Though along with the snow we've previously had (and I see no reason as to why there should be that much different to where I live, about 12 mins. from the track and the track itself), a measured 15 inches of snow, we've also had extremely cold overnight temperatures (-11 degrees not that far away!) and freezing fog!

And if that wasn't enough.....it's just started snowing again :thumbdown:

So not looking too good but will report back later, watch this space!