PDA

View Full Version : Snapping Drive Pins

antnee
18-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Ive only been running it 3 weeks now but since I put a BL set-up in my XXX, it seems to be breaking the drive pins, I think I've done 2 now, just seems a little strange

has it happened to anyone else?

ashleyb4
18-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Snapping them?

A

PaulRotheram
18-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Snapping them?

A

Like the thread said.. yes.. snapping them :rolleyes:

I've snapped some on my B4, but that was running the standard crappy ones. I'll admit i snapped a solid one a few weeks ago.. i have no idea how but it happened.

Do you have any slop in the hole where it goes? it could be possibly giving the pins some leverage to 'snap' back and forth.

What motor/settings are you running?

Spencer Mulcahy
18-10-2007, 10:50 PM
I snapped a drive pin at Southport in my final last week. (was leading by a country mile as well). I run a B4 I think they are made of a simular meterial but I had a big shunt with the wall so I think that did it. I dont think it is anything to do with the brushless just coincidence.:D ps i do run brushed but my cars are never slow.

antnee
19-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I've got an orion vortex 6.5 in, dont think theres much slop

Slimboyfat
20-10-2007, 12:20 PM
This can be down to how tight you screw the wheel nut on sometimes.

Try tightening wheel up untill its very secure on the car, then back off a third to half a turn so wheel is still on securely but not over tight.

antnee
20-10-2007, 10:59 PM
cheers for that, i will try it once i fixed my driveshafts,

on friday, coming down the main straight, lift off and brake and nothing happens, plough straight into the track markings and break a wishbone, found out after that the pin had come out/snapped on the joint :( had spent all evening sorting the car out as well