PDA

View Full Version : Alan sets new record

Tractor Boy
09-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Just thought i would share with you lot my new record that i set last night at club.

While geting the track out from under the stage last night i hit my head 4 times now i know some of you will not know what i am going on about when i state this fact but you would if you got under the stage where we keep the track stuff once in a while but ha ho i do it most weeks so may as well keep on doing it.

When putting the track away last night again i hit my head 3 times so this makes 7 hits on the pipes in one evening which is a new record for me but with the amount of time i spend under that bloody stage i am sure to beat this record very soon but will keep you informed.

Kind regards Alan

gav4wd
09-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Bit of a head banger last night:woot:
perhaps we can run a sweep stake Alan on your head hitting only thing is there may not be a lot of prize money because there is only a few that are always there putting away;):p

Hog
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
I suppose you're going to blame the pipework for you being follically challenged?

Neil's right though - same old faces week in week out putting the track away. It's almost like a fire alarm goes off after the last heat with the mad dash for the door.

I wonder if it's the ones who can't be bothered to help who would be the most vocal if they turned up at the hall and the track wasn't laid out as the regulars couldn't be bothered or had enough for being taken for granted?

Anyway - I'm sure we'll find someone to kiss your head better Al.

Perhaps it really is time to start naming and shaming those that think it's below them to lend a hand? Last 2 heats - you know what you're meant to be doing!!!

It's a problem at every club. One of the tracks in Essex I race at always sees the locals disappear rapidly while the visiting drivers stay - last meeting I got home at 2.45am after staying to put everything away!!

discostu
10-12-2010, 08:56 AM
im sorry to hear about your pain alan but surly you should be used to it by now like they say no sense no feeling lol.

sorry i didn't pack up last wednesday but i was in manchester.:p

stu

MHeadling
10-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Sounds like a dangerous place to be! Al if you like I can bring you a hard hat so you dont damage your head, if you like I can stick a wig to it so your safe and have the feeling of real hair! :lol:

Hog
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Consider yourself excused this week Stu.

Mark - Alan has enough "feeling of real hair", it's just not on his head.

Tractor Boy
10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the offer Mark i like the thought of a hard hat with wig attached think i would look great.

The point of my post was just to open a few eyes to what goes into runing the club week in week out which do not get me wrong i love to do it was just the fact that the track had been pulled to the stage and left ie we are not getting under there so as normal i get under the stage and do it.

There has been a few changes in personnel over the last few months who do some of the week to week running of the club which has resulted in some of us having to do more and more which as i said we do not mind but come on am i expected to open the hall get the track out and help build it then do booking in with Jodie, sort out memberships then put names into the computer with here and after all that get racing started on time, if it was not for Jodie i could not manage it all. Me and Jodie never get time to practice even if we wanted to is that fair cause the rest of you do. So i surpose this why i got the hump a bit on wends as after racing had finished i was 5 minites going round taking down all the information which hangs on the walls to keep you all informed on whats going on each week only to be faced with the track not being put away under ths stage so good old Alan to the rescue again.

Rant over but just have a think about it please i am in my mid forties now and Jodie stayed up to gone 11 on tuesday to get here home work done so she can be there is this fair because as you all know we will keep doing it weather you help or not.

MHeadling
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I'll bring the skid lid on Wednesday Al, but seriously we really appreciate the work you and Jodie do to make the club the success it is!

I hope some of the other members read this thread and help a bit more.

I'll try and do a bit more and let's hope others follow suit!