PDA

View Full Version : Who will run what cars in 2011..

JensK
11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi guys

Okay guys...let`s hear it.
What cars will you be running in 2011?

Spill the beans !!

PS. very cool that we now have a norwegian forum her at Oople

JensK
14-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Okay...let me start the show then..

2wd:
I recently bought an RB5 MCS conversionkit. Has driven the car at one indoor race and it was great. Had a little issue with the gearbox though.
If I get that problem sorted, this will probably be my choice for 2011.

TLR 22 is looking really sweet though...:eh?:

4wd:
Kyosho FSII will be my choise I belive..

If TLR comes out with an awsome 4wd, I could easily be pursuaded to driv TLR in both 2&4wd

what about

juiced
17-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Im def buying the Team Durango 410,i love the diffs:thumbsup:

Razer
16-01-2011, 03:41 PM
@Jens: You'll also have to take two or three switches into account concerning your season remember?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll be running the 22 and the XXX-4 for this season. So far my trusty XXX-CR does it's job very well though, most of my potential is not locked in by the car, but by me...

JensK
18-01-2011, 10:43 AM
@Jens: You'll also have to take two or three switches into account concerning your season remember?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll be running the 22 and the XXX-4 for this season. So far my trusty XXX-CR does it's job very well though, most of my potential is not locked in by the car, but by me...

And there it was done...my first switch came in 2wd..now waiting for Vega-elite RB5 conversion-kit...

@Razer: what happends if losi comes out with a new 4wd......:eh?:

Razer
18-01-2011, 10:48 AM
And there it was done...my first switch came in 2wd..now waiting for Vega-elite RB5 conversion-kit...

@Razer: what happends if losi comes out with a new 4wd......:eh?:

Then the XXX-4 will be bolted up on the wall next to where my XXX-CR also will be.

JensK
18-01-2011, 05:53 PM
And there the swap in 4wd was done....2 x "rangoes" are on their way...

Razer
18-01-2011, 10:15 PM
And there the swap in 4wd was done....2 x "rangoes" are on their way...

Haha, you slut:D

trular
06-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Nice with our own forum section :thumbsup:

I have been in serous doubt, but I'll be sticking with my worn out rangoes and an old team losi jrsx-r

I have Been testing the suspension and diffs in the last outdoor season and i have found a descent suspension and diff setting.

Suspension:
stock springs dark blue front and light blue rear
holes: front 3 X 1,4 mm rear 3 X 1.5 mm
oil: 450 cst. font and rear

Diffs:
front: 7000 cst.
rare: 5000 cst.

grelland
20-02-2011, 12:38 PM
hello, guys.

I will only participate in a few 2wd races this year, and will most likely use my old trusted X6 (partly squared).

That is, unless the Vega B4 conversion comes out, as I like the looks of that kit.

I will stick to B4 based cars, as I have 3 sons that also run B4s. Keeps spare part stock down... :)

spiro
21-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Cool! A Norwegian section!:thumbsup:

My rides for 2011 are...
(Most probably :D )

AE B4.1
AE B44.1

Both pimped up by Larry at KG. Order is pending.

I have two big concerns for 2011 though:

1. The new Losi TLR line makes me need an underwear change when I look at the pictures of the 22. I can easily fall flat on my face on 2 new cars if a 4wd pops out of the blue too.

2. Electrics. I have no idea of what to do for ESC's. I'd like to have the same one in both rides. I now have an old speedpassion GT (1.1 I think) in my 2wd and the Orion Race Spec badass one in my 4wd. Tips are welcome!

Jens, I'd call you lots of funny names concering your switches, but I'd be putting my head on the block. I'll give you comfort instead as these other non-car-schizo guys have their best shots at us. (Although I have now sold off everything 1:8th to focus on 1:10.)

Razer
21-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Norsk seksjon. For engelsktalende nordmenn? WTF?

Liker engelsk altså, men vi har radiostyrt.no. Veldig behagelig for oss racerne og samles her istedet for på radiostyrt, men skrive på engelsk, og i tillegg gjemme oss bort for nye utøvere som henger på Radiostyrt.no?

Er ikke det egentlig litt teit selv om det er litt gøy?

SHY
21-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Absolutely! Radiostyrt.no is pretty lame!!! "How do I do bashing?"...

Since we are now more or less running only on astro, here's my plan for 2011:

2WD:
Atomic-Carbon S2 is a very good car with mid-motor. And the coolest construction so far IMHO. That will be my first choice. Not having the biggest driving talent, I just do better with mid-motor vs. rear-motor. It's a pair of crutches for me! :D

Will also give the X-6 a chance against the S2, and try to emulate the much stiffer S2 setup. Never got it to work on astro, but I think I've been running it way too soft.

If the Losi 22 is available in good time, that will be VERY interesting! As it can also be rear motored. Cool car, cool brand, cheap, easy to get parts, looks easy to deal with. Probably a winner out of the box...

4WD:
I find the B44 awesome on astro. Not very good on dirt (too nervous). But the amount of steering on astro is a BIG advantage. And the car is very durable and with very few flaws.

The Atomic-Carbon Atomized B44 was perfect on dirt, but sucks on astro. Understeers way too much!

The XX4 is fantastic, but it's impossible to use on astro with today's brushless setup. You snap 3 belts before breakfast... should have been 2x the std. width or some other material...

I have also the X-5, which is even better to drive than the XX4. And has a single belt system. I just can't get that thing to stop skipping the belt! :( Even with 3x custom belt rollers... Brushless, LiPo & astro didn't help you might say...

If Losi manages to whip out a new 4WD also in 2011, Team Losi for both classes will be more or less impossible to resist! Waiting impatiently for some breaking news here! What on earth do they have cooking? And will it be shaft or belt driven???!!!

While waiting for that... that new Cat SX3 looks like a perfectly constructed car! Only problem as I see it is availability (and price). The SV also looks like a very cool car! Schuey in both classes could be tempting, given easy access to parts & low prices... Any US or HK shops that are easy on the value labeling??? Most UK shops are not willing...

Given that ball diffs probably are still the way forward, I'd love to have diffs that can be easily taken out of the car. Both the B4 and B44 suck big time in that respect! :( But on the Schueys that looks very easy!

SHY
21-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Martin, have you guys at Small Size sold any Schumacher cars at all?

And only the SV?

Only seen Rønnings son use Schuey in Norway, he seemed to do well with the SX.

I know Jens, KG and Stikkan has tried the SX though... not being able to figure it out...

Anyone tried the SV in Norway?

spiro
21-02-2011, 11:46 AM
There's been a few of the SV's at the indoors season this winter. (At least in the NC races in Moss.) It looks to me like the handling is a lot like the B4. Good looking car.

grelland
21-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Absolutely! Radiostyrt.no is pretty lame!!! "How do I do bashing?"...

Since we are now more or less running only on astro, here's my plan for 2011:

2WD:
Atomic-Carbon S2 is a very good car with mid-motor. And the coolest construction so far IMHO. That will be my first choice. Not having the biggest driving talent, I just do better with mid-motor vs. rear-motor. It's a pair of crutches for me! :D

Will also give the X-6 a chance against the S2, and try to emulate the much stiffer S2 setup. Never got it to work on astro, but I think I've been running it way too soft.

If the Losi 22 is available in good time, that will be VERY interesting! As it can also be rear motored. Cool car, cool brand, cheap, easy to get parts, looks easy to deal with. Probably a winner out of the box...

4WD:
I find the B44 awesome on astro. Not very good on dirt (too nervous). But the amount of steering on astro is a BIG advantage. And the car is very durable and with very few flaws.

The Atomic-Carbon Atomized B44 was perfect on dirt, but sucks on astro. Understeers way too much!

The XX4 is fantastic, but it's impossible to use on astro with today's brushless setup. You snap 3 belts before breakfast... should have been 2x the std. width or some other material...

I have also the X-5, which is even better to drive than the XX4. And has a single belt system. I just can't get that thing to stop skipping the belt! :( Even with 3x custom belt rollers... Brushless, LiPo & astro didn't help you might say...

If Losi manages to whip out a new 4WD also in 2011, Team Losi for both classes will be more or less impossible to resist! Waiting impatiently for some breaking news here! What on earth do they have cooking? And will it be shaft or belt driven???!!!

While waiting for that... that new Cat SX3 looks like a perfectly constructed car! Only problem as I see it is availability (and price). The SV also looks like a very cool car! Schuey in both classes could be tempting, given easy access to parts & low prices... Any US or HK shops that are easy on the value labeling??? Most UK shops are not willing...

Given that ball diffs probably are still the way forward, I'd love to have diffs that can be easily taken out of the car. Both the B4 and B44 suck big time in that respect! :(

and by this you pretty much sum up the entire market of available cars of 1:10th off road racers in one post :)

grelland
21-02-2011, 12:03 PM

Did you receive this yet?

SHY
21-02-2011, 12:19 PM
and by this you pretty much sum up the entire market of available cars of 1:10th off road racers in one post :)

LOL! I USED to have most of what you could buy for money! Hey, I've even got an Aero A1! Almost bought Billy Eastons Durango prototype as well!!! But 10.000 NOK was a bit over the top... (Vesa Yli owns it now)

Now even I am far from having all of them... there's so many brands and models now that's simply not possible any more! Boy have things changed the last years! It's not long ago since there was only the B4 and XXX-CR in 2WD and the XX4/XXX4 and BJ4 in 4WD... the RC market has simply EXPLODED!!!

None of you guys tempted to go for the Schueys?

Razer
21-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Martin, have you guys at Small Size sold any Schumacher cars at all?

And only the SV?

Only seen Rønnings son use Schuey in Norway, he seemed to do well with the SX.

I know Jens, KG and Stikkan has tried the SX though... not being able to figure it out...

Nope. We've sold about ten XXX-CR's the last year though. Kind of hard to sell Schus, when I do well with the Losi and sing Øystein Sunde's "Engelsk bil" everytime I look at the Schuey....:woot:

Now andre Rønning drives a B44.1 again, it seems it's simply an overall better ride...

Btw, the diff in my Losi 2wd has now done about 2000 laps on carpet and still feels smooth as new:thumbsup: And I would also claim it to be one of the fastest carpet racers there is.

I just don't get why we have to write in english...

spiro
21-02-2011, 01:10 PM
None of you guys tempted to go for the Schueys?
Nope. I love almost everything about the AE's now that the V2 shocks have seen the light of day. The exception is the fact that it's easier to pull a watermelon through an apple-sized hole than swapping diffs in between heats.

The only temptation for me, is the TLR line. It remains to be seen whether they are brilliant on the tracks or not though.

spiro
21-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I just don't get why we have to write in english...
So that the international readers can learn from our Northern brilliance without having to learn a third langauge.:thumbsup:

SHY
21-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Writing in english is way cooler than in boring norwegian! :thumbsup:

OK, but tell me the truth about the quality of the Schumacher cars right now!

Is it good or bad??? :confused:

Totally agree as to Losi, those cars are "no brainers"! Just works!

Guys, what about those new ugly bugly shells (Bulldog / Punisher)? Like or dislike? Any significant performance gain?

Personally they make me sick! :bored:

Sabben
21-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Going AE this year as well. Since Im getting great support by both Magne and Ketil it would be stupid to change brand.

Regarding the new styled bodies I will try Proline Bulldog on the B44. With a kick-ass paint job it might turn out allright:thumbsup:
Just looks silly on the B4 though..

SHY
21-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Going AE this year as well. Since Im getting great support by both Magne and Ketil it would be stupid to change brand.

Regarding the new styled bodies I will try Proline Bulldog on the B44. With a kick-ass paint job it might turn out allright:thumbsup:
Just looks silly on the B4 though..

Will Ketil focus more on 1:10 again? Or is he stuck in 1:8?

Sabben
21-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Well.. He said after the 2010 Nats that he wouldn't ever drive 1/8th again.. Hopefully thats true:)
But his focus will be at 1/10th this year:thumbsup:

SHY
21-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Cool! It'd be great to have him back where he belongs! :thumbsup:

grelland
21-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Guys, what about those new ugly bugly shells (Bulldog / Punisher)? Like or dislike? Any significant performance gain?

I will be following the cab-forward trend with a little twist, and this is how I envision my shell this year:

(Thank you janus_77 for letting me "steal" your picture) I have added a classic 70's VW drag race paint scheme :)

spiro
21-02-2011, 02:40 PM

It's all up to the paint on those bastards. The Bulldog looks awful nomatter what you do to it, while the Punisher can be alright. I've given KG Larry the task of making them look good for me.

SHY
21-02-2011, 03:11 PM
It's all up to the paint on those bastards. The Bulldog looks awful nomatter what you do to it, while the Punisher can be alright. I've given KG Larry the task of making them look good for me.

I'll agree to that! The Bulldog is totally a lost case... :D

Get pics posted when you get them!

Sabben
21-02-2011, 03:32 PM

Disagree! I think the bulldog got nicer lines:p

grelland
21-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I just might be able to finish this project before the springs comes, though:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43527

JensK
21-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Did you receive this yet?

Have recived it, not finished the build yet though... Quality and part-finish is exellent.

JensK
21-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Writing in english is way cooler than in boring norwegian! :thumbsup:

OK, but tell me the truth about the quality of the Schumacher cars right now!

Is it good or bad??? :confused:

Totally agree as to Losi, those cars are "no brainers"! Just works!

Writing in english is the proper way to communicate on this forum I think.

I`ve had the Cougar SV, the car is okay, but I have had other cars that worked way better. IMO you can get the car fast, but you need to be good at setup... i think of myself as rather good at understanding setup, but could not figure out the SV....but I didnt give it to much time eiter..

Also had issues with coating inside BB-shocks came off, turnbuckels bent, tie-rod broke...

Hop this helps

JensK
21-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Norsk seksjon. For engelsktalende nordmenn? WTF?

Liker engelsk altså, men vi har radiostyrt.no. Veldig behagelig for oss racerne og samles her istedet for på radiostyrt, men skrive på engelsk, og i tillegg gjemme oss bort for nye utøvere som henger på Radiostyrt.no?

Er ikke det egentlig litt teit selv om det er litt gøy?

Veeeelig gøy :thumbsup:

Razer
21-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Writing in english is the proper way to communicate on this forum I think.

I`ve had the Cougar SV, the car is okay, but I have had other cars that worked way better. IMO you can get the car fast, but you need to be good at setup... i think of myself as rather good at understanding setup, but could not figure out the SV....but I didnt give it to much time eiter..

Also had issues with coating inside BB-shocks came off, turnbuckels bent, tie-rod broke...

Hop this helps

I don't think I will ever forget the Nordics in Radøy, when you ended up with the homemade midmotored Tamiyosho 201X instead of the Schumacher... You were so puzzled:thumbsup:

I must admit I've really grown up. When I was a touring car racer(blaaargh), it was car of the week, now I don't want to change my XXX-CR... Ever:P

I feel I've really unlocked a lot of potential in it this winter, but there is still some more. The most funny part? I haven't changed the setup since the first indoor race. All I've done is practice, test some tires, and go back from a gear diff to a ball diff.

Both Ole Steen and Dave-Ass can be quoted saying "smoooooth" while driving my car:P

If the 22 is the revolution it looks to be, my underwear will be soiled every practice day....

Razer
21-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Veeeelig gøy :thumbsup:

Skjønner det nå. Norsk er du ikke så "veeeelig" god i....:p

grelland
21-02-2011, 09:18 PM
den dagen vi SNAKKER engelsk på løp blir det veldig teit ;)

Razer
21-02-2011, 09:20 PM
den dagen vi SNAKKER engelsk på løp blir det veldig teit ;)

Det hadde vært herlig. Som om vi ikke har nok dialekter fra før:P

JensK
21-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't think I will ever forget the Nordics in Radøy, when you ended up with the homemade midmotored Tamiyosho 201X instead of the Schumacher... You were so puzzled:thumbsup:

puzzled is an understatment...I could not belive that my home made car was 0,4 sec faster than cougar SV...and that was when it was pooring down rain!!
Got many complements on the home made tamiya from sweedish and finish driver though...that was cool.

Razer
21-02-2011, 09:34 PM
puzzled is an understatment...I could not belive that my home made car was 0,4 sec faster than cougar SV...and that was when it was pooring down rain!!
Got many complements on the home made tamiya from sweedish and finish driver though...that was cool.

Brilliant car:) Do you still have all these home made "monstrosities"?:D:D:D

JensK
21-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Skjønner det nå. Norsk er du ikke så "veeeelig" god i....:p

eplekjekken :rolleyes:

JensK
21-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Brilliant car:) Do you still have all these home made "monstrosities"?:D:D:D

Yep
The chassies for both the converted FS2 and the 501 is almost intact...missing some small parts to have them raceready, but I have a new project in the workshop....more to come.... ;)

spiro
22-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I seem to remember a statement from you at Geiteryggen Jens - it was something like:

"I'll have to always bring my B4. When everything else fails, the B4 works. It's safe. Damn Stig - you look good as always!"
(Ok, that last part might have been slightly untrue and part of my imagination.)

Forgotten words? :D

SHY
22-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Thx guys! I get the picture! I'll bury my recent Schuey admiration then and try to patiently wait for the new Losi(s)...

I have a feeling both you Martin and Flode, being religious Losi fanatics, know more than you are willing to tell...

You guys KNOW whether there is a 4WD coming or not!

Guys in the US claim it's not coming... whilst UK drivers think it is, as it looks like the 22 does have parts design catering for 4 wheel drive as well...

Read one post yesterday which was excellent: "We know Jukka Steenari is designing for TLR. The worlds are in Finland this year. He has previously won the world title on that same track..."

Spill the beans please! :D

Btw I was expecting X-Factory to release the perfect 4WD in 2011, but I always "feared" they would suffer from being a one man show. And now Chazz has been very ill...

A good tip guys: Never sell your cars again. It's soooo nice to gradually build up a collection! And as you become an old dog like myself, you will really be glad you kept them! ;)

Oppdaget en fantastisk Tamiya side her for et par dagen siden, sjekk den ut!!! http://www.blackholesun.fr/index.php
-her er alle Tamias RC modeller kategorisert og analysert, veldig interessant lesning! Til og med alle "førerne" gjennom historien! :D

Woops!... slipped into Norwegian all of a sudden... :lol:

spiro
22-02-2011, 08:58 AM
it looks like the 22 does have parts design catering for 4 wheel drive as well...
Indeed! I've been eyeballing the front suspension on the 22. Are those caster blocks I see? It looks like there are driveshafts missing on it actually. Could be a pretty serious hint that suspensionparts will be 22/4wd crossovers.

SHY
22-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Indeed! I've been eyeballing the front suspension on the 22. Are those caster blocks I see? It looks like there are driveshafts missing on it actually. Could be a pretty serious hint that suspensionparts will be 22/4wd crossovers.

Spot on! :thumbsup:

Seems like 2 and 4WDs these days may very well share most suspension parts. Historically there were big differences, but I've seen more and more mods now where they share the geometry - and it works! Probably much due to the high grip on tracks now!

grelland
22-02-2011, 09:03 AM
SHY, All you need is 3 sons, and your collection of cars explode by itself...

Currently I have 2 Traxxas Rustlers, 4 B4s and my X6...

Dont tell my wife, though

SHY
22-02-2011, 09:09 AM
SHY, All you need is 3 sons, and your collection of cars explode by itself...

Currently I have 2 Traxxas Rustlers, 4 B4s and my X6...

Dont tell my wife, though

Yeah, I've read about TC (Tamiya Club) collectors having to pay 1/2 of their RC collection's worth when getting divorced... :D:D:D That's gotta hurt!!!

Razer
22-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Shy, I don't know anything at all.

About the collecting, I've always sold my cars. Never collected. So I started counting my cars today... I have an original, never used Tamiya Renault Alpine, a Yokomo B-Max Factory kit in a drawer somewhere, a Tamiya M-05 with the Fiat Abarth(Never driven), a Tamiya Hotshot(first edition) in very good shape with aluminum wheels, and my Losi XXX-CR and XXX-4 that I will NEVER sell. Unless I do. Because I'm broke or thirsty.

And here's a picture of the Hotshot. Should be worth a buck or two?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5467982986_9775c899a9_z.jpg
(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5467982986_9775c899a9_z.jpg)

SHY
22-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Great stuff! Have you seen my Hotshot B.A.R. Honda Evo II (runner)?

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img22039_03022011080631_2.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=106011&sid=22039

Steering mod to fix that horrible bump-steer:
http://www.ymr.no/10orTip8.htm

NIB are always 2x worth a new built, but it should have good value! Nice wheels! (got several alu wheel kits too)

Btw. I'm working only 200m from you now, in Bjørvika. Send me a PM one day when you have the coffee ready!...

chokoboy
22-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Heisan her var det jo fullt av nordmenn jo!
It's real cool å talk english eller hva?
Tror nok Jimbob opprettet denne for å speak vårt native language.
Heia Norge og Norge for nordmenn LoL

Sabben
25-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Hopefully my Bulldog will be finished next week. I bet you'll change your mind then, hehe ;)

Which races are you going to this year, Svein Harald?
But you have to join the races in Moss. Great fun and really good race practice :thumbsup:

spiro
25-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Hopefully my Bulldog will be finished next week. I bet you'll change your mind then, hehe ;)
Yeah. Uhm. Snaps to Kifopaint for the achievement on this one, but it still looks like the ProLine designers dropped and stepped on the mold, but decided to use it anyway. It should be called the ProLine Lorry, not Bulldog. It looks like a pickup truck.
(If you see this post Wezzer - Sorry. I'm thrashing ProLine, not your ride.)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/rc/b441-4.jpg

I look forward to seeing your attempt at making the LorryDog look god Andreas. ;)

SHY
26-02-2011, 05:43 PM

Which races are you going to this year, Svein Harald?
But you have to join the races in Moss. Great fun and really good race practice :thumbsup:

Parental life is great, but there are limitations... I'll only do the Nats 1:12 indoor this winter. And I've been granted permission for 5 outdoor races. 3 of them will be 1:8 TR races, the final 2 are the NC 1:10 OR in Oslo, and the Nats in Innherred sjø! :thumbsup:

If I had the time I'd love to come to Moss to race åff kårs!

JensK
06-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Think this will be a good car for me in 2wd in the 2011 season..........
Vega RB5SP2

grelland
06-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Looks great, Jens Kristian, and I must admit I placed a pre-order for the b4-kit...

Was the build-quality as expected?

And about that shell....

JensK
06-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Partsfinish is top notch! Even better than expected...
Regarding the shell...it wouldt have looked a lot better with a propper paintjob :thumbsup:

grelland
06-03-2011, 09:22 PM
is that battery brace your own design i order to mount the esc there?

JensK
07-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Yep, made it myself....just a prototype thing i did, will not be the final one.
And yes...this is made to fit ESC on top of battery. There is plenty of room to fit the ESC down on the chassie, but I was recomended by Craig Collinson to do it like this on my RB5 MCS, and it worked great there, so I`m hoping it will work just as good on this car

grelland
08-03-2011, 07:53 AM
At least a very clean install, and short power leads ;)

SHY
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Great stuff! Not as nice as a hand moulded & CNC-machined A-C carbon tub, but OK'ish! :D That gearbox/heatsink is top notch though! New high watermark! :thumbsup:

The bodyshell is butt ugly!!! It's like staring at the bloody sun!!! :thumbdown::wtf::(:eh?::cry:... Any shell is better with a good paintjob, it's the same with girls! The look better with more makeup... but there's a limit as to how much a "paintjob" can rectify... :lol::lol::lol:

Newer thought it'd be possible, but even the Bulldog/Punisher shells look better! :D

Is it a frog in a sock or a python that's swallowed a rabbit?

(yes, I'm bored at work...)

grelland
13-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Think this will be a good car for me in 2wd in the 2011 season..........
Vega RB5SP2

Since you have just about tested all 2wd cars available, do you know how a Schumacher Cougar SV shell fits?

If the fit is decent, I might try one of these shells:
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1753/dsc0736z.jpg

Razer
13-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Just have to show off the last body for my XXX-CR:thumbsup:

SHY
14-03-2011, 09:13 AM
You're going for the Vega B4 conversion then Roy?

Nice paintjob Martin, but not by yourself?

I think I found my new 4WD now!!! A-C 410 Ultra! :thumbsup:

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20109&d=1296590516

Anyone pre-ordered a 22?

Razer
14-03-2011, 09:41 AM

Nice paintjob Martin, but not by yourself?

I think I found my new 4WD now!!! A-C 410 Ultra! :thumbsup:

Anyone pre-ordered a 22?

By Dea Designs, this one:)

I've pre-ordered several places, but with Horizons quick delivery lately, I think Smallsize will get it just as quick as everyone else.

I got the DX3R Pro weeks before the release date, and the planes have all been on time, so I hope the 22 will be on time as well:)

grelland
14-03-2011, 09:55 AM

Looks like it :cool:

SHY
16-03-2011, 01:29 PM
TLR 22 byggetråd: http://www.rcracer.com/off-road-electric-articles-92/2939-build-report-tlr-22

Eirik Andreassen skal kjøre Losi 22 i år!

grelland
18-03-2011, 10:05 PM
moro :)

Kanskje jeg kjører denne i stedet:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/IMG_6271.jpg

grelland
19-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Eller antakelig denne:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/x6-3.jpg

Razer
21-03-2011, 11:19 AM
I have to admit that I have surrendered and joined the masses in 4wd.

This weekend I built a new B44, completely stock. Me and Rune Karlsen had some great fights, me winning the first final one second ahead, the second final was chaos with Ole winning, and the third me and Rune snuck away for a nice final fight, but sadly a marshal stepped on my car and broke it:mad::mad:

My car was faster than me:blush:, and Rune and me were the only ones dipping under 13,5, most others were in the 13,8-14,5 range.

I have a lot to learn about 4wd running again, considering I used up only 2500 mah during an 8 minute final on carpet, and tried to run it a bit too smooth, but being that quick in the debut got my confidence up by a lot!

JensK
21-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Martin. Have you recived your 22 yet?

Razer
21-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Martin. Have you recived your 22 yet?

Nope. Seems to be held up by UK's brilliant Royal Mail service:bored::bored::bored:

rhino20
21-03-2011, 03:19 PM
who makes that beetle bodyshell ?

Sabben
21-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I have to admit that I have surrendered and joined the masses in 4wd.

This weekend I built a new B44..

Say what!?:woot:

grelland
21-03-2011, 04:59 PM
who makes that beetle bodyshell ?

kamtec

Sabben
21-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Finished it up this weekend. Not very happy with the result, but with some stickers it might cover the flaws :)

What do ya think?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/Sabben_photo/DSC00038.jpg

grelland
21-03-2011, 07:03 PM
stickers will never, EVER hide the shape.... ;)

but the paintjob looks good, though

Razer
21-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Finished it up this weekend. Not very happy with the result, but with some stickers it might cover the flaws :)

What do ya think?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/Sabben_photo/DSC00038.jpg

But but... That just looks like everyone elses scheme. Your old one was so unique and so... you! :)

SHY
21-03-2011, 08:37 PM
You're not grown up until you learn how to properly paint your shells yourself! :p

With a little bit of practise, liquid mask, a sharp Excel knife and a good airbrush it's really not that difficult! :thumbsup:

What's next? Hire someone to drive it? :lol:

Sabben
21-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I wasn't very motivated to sit an entire day in the paint-booth, so it was done in about 1,5 hour, and that included a b4 shell aswell, hehe..

Just want to see if it gives any more response than the Jconcepts punisher. If not I'm going back to the "retro" high-flow shell :)

@Shy: Well I am so bloody fast, combined with covering it with a towel in the pits, you won't see that it's a bulldog:thumbsup:

spiro
22-03-2011, 08:31 AM
You're not grown up until you learn how to properly paint your shells yourself! :p
Pffft... You're not grown up until you earn enough cash to hire people to do your dirty work for you. :p

roika
22-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I elsk the blanding of Norsk and engelsk i threaden gutter!

I will be running my freshly built B4.1 and my "under construction" b44.1 =)

Sabben
26-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Allmost ready for the Eos pilot in Tomelilla :)

Yes wrong rear tires on the B4...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/Sabben_photo/IMG_3372.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/Sabben_photo/IMG_3382.jpg

JensK
26-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Looking good Andreas :thumbsup:
The best of luck to you and rest of the guys attending EOS

Razer
28-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Wow, that looked A LOT(!!!) better on the car! I still miss your old scheme, and I do think the old one is cooler, but it helped having a car under the new body:).

Sabben
28-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys :)

Yeah, now the bulldog look quite neat imo :)

SHY
28-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Naaaa... That blue on blue looks a bit funky to me, especially on the B4.1.

Andreas, you can do better! :thumbsup:

Anyways, put lots of stickers on it and it'll be all good! :D

Good luck at the EOS!

Sabben
28-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Naaaa... That blue on blue looks a bit funky to me, especially on the B4.1.

Andreas, you can do better! :thumbsup:

Anyways, put lots of stickers on it and it'll be all good! :D

Good luck at the EOS!

Hehe.. Yeah, I know.

SHY
28-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Next time, why not ask him to use the Saab logo as inspiration? Would be a cool signature... :thumbsup:

Sabben
28-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Next time, why not ask him to use the Saab logo as inspiration? Would be a cool signature... :thumbsup:

Yeah, good idea. Got some ideas now, hehe :thumbsup:

Ask who? :P

spiro
30-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Finally finished my builds for 2011.
I gotta say - the Punishers turned out great. Awesome job by Larry at KG.

http://www.berget.biz/Garage2011.jpg

Sabben
30-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Lookin good Stig :thumbsup:

But what the hell is this...?
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/FTWRCBody-2.jpg

JensK
30-03-2011, 07:12 PM
That is supercool!! :woot:

Sabben
30-03-2011, 08:50 PM
The bulldog looks like a cute puppy in comparison:woot:

spiro
31-03-2011, 06:57 AM
...But what the hell is this...?
Dunno, but I just had coffee coming out of my nose from laughing.

Looks like ugly is the new pretty. Either that or we really need to look into forbidding the Nitro fuel. The fumes has obviously turned the designers hopping mad.

SHY
31-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Little by little the bodyshells are turning into a shoebox... :thumbdown:

Received my Bugle shells for my 410 Ultra, now that's a sweet shape!!! :thumbsup::wub

@Andreas: Who? The guy who paints your bodies... Sometimes it puzzles me how you can be that slow minded, yet drive so fast! :p

Who's going to the EOS from Norway?

Sabben
31-03-2011, 09:20 AM
@Andreas: Who? The guy who paints your bodies... Sometimes it puzzles me how you can be that slow minded, yet drive so fast! :p

I always paint my own shells:p

Nowdays I accually get payed to paint for others:thumbsup:

SHY
31-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh!!! So Dea Designs is your's truly! Good boy!!! :thumbsup: Glad to know you are a self made man! :lol:

How many shells have you painted? Many orders coming in?

grelland
08-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I will probably run this:
http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=405

haven't seen it yet, though...

Sabben
08-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Mid-motor is overrated! :thumbsup:

Sabben
08-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh!!! So Dea Designs is your's truly! Good boy!!! :thumbsup: Glad to know you are a self made man! :lol:

How many shells have you painted? Many orders coming in?

Thanks buddy ;)

Hm.. Good question. Think it's about 30 shells by now.
The pile is still quite high, but hopefully I will get some done this weekend :)

grelland
21-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I most probably will drive this:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega1.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega2.jpg

roika
26-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I will be driving these beauties!
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5378/div096.jpg
I can't say i love the bulldog, but i do love the paintjob by Eirik Nygårdsøy (Momez #radiostyrt.no).

I have already tested the cars at IMSK raceway (Innherred) and Heggstadmyra (TRCBK). First race of the year for Me will be NC Spydeberg 14.05.2011, who else is going?

JensK
26-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Cars looks real sweet.
Cool paintjob :thumbsup:

JensK
09-05-2011, 04:20 PM
And there I made another switch.......Design-wise a lovely car but needs some setup-adjustments to make it comfortable.

grelland
09-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I hereby take back all I have said about the vega shell... ;)

spiro
11-05-2011, 05:20 PM
And there I made another switch.......
Of course you did! :thumbsup:
Now, I wonder what you'll be driving for the Nordics in 3 weeks.:D

Beautiful work, the 22. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

JensK
19-06-2011, 04:44 PM
And here`s my latest addition in 4wd ....511...you almost get an hard on building this car:thumbsup:

Sabben
19-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Like! :D

spiro
26-06-2011, 04:26 AM
And here`s my latest addition in 4wd ....511...you almost get an hard on building this car:thumbsup:
"Almost"? I get a semi-hard-on just looking at these pictures! :thumbsup:

Reo
26-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Nice Jens! Have to wait and see if you like this one...

JensK
26-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I`m totally in love with the 511 :wub

spiro
27-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I`m totally in love with the 511 :wub
Understandable. Anything with the TRF logo on it looks great. I actually have a box of spanking new TRF shocks on the shelf that I can't bare to sell even though I have no Tamiya's at the moment. How sick is that?

The big question though - how does the 511 handle compared to your Durango/B44/Yokomo/Schumi? :p (And will you come race it on our new astro-track so I can drive/break it?)

JensK
27-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Spent all saturday at both the astro and dirt-track in Oslo.
Car had out of the box setup (except for oils).
Car was super to drive on both tracks, but must admit that I had most fun on the big,dirt track...probably because it`s been such a long time since I`ve raced on dirt..
The cars handling suits me perfectly and everything worked flawless.

Of course i will come to skien, the new dirttrack looks awsome :D

SHY
28-06-2011, 08:49 AM
The biggest star of my RC car collection arrived by post yesterday. It's the Durango / Serpent S500 prototype. I bought it from Vesa Yli in Finland, who is a Serpent team driver. This is Billy Eastons Words'2007 car :thumbsup:

This car was in the Worlds final... and Serpent never ended up producing it... In stead Strenge and Vollmer founded Team Durango and are now producing the DEX410.

It's in my opinion one of the most exotic and rare RC cars ever made :wub

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewdurangodex410/history01.jpg
All mine!!!

JensK
28-06-2011, 08:53 PM
You lucky bastard!!!!!!!!!!:woot:
Thats awsome!
Some pictures please :drool:

Arnefles
20-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I got to see that car! ;-)

SHY