PDA

View Full Version : Can i use any 2.4gHz receiver with my 2.4gHz Transmitter

m3nf
13-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi all,

I am after a little help, i brought a RC10 B4.1 RTR, and had a pretty bad crash and broke my chassis. When replacing the chassis the case of the receiver case came off when trying to remove it from the old one. Now i have it all rebuilt i am not getting any lights on the receiver.

My questions are......

Is there a way to tell if this receiver is now broken ?, i have powered the car up and i get the steering servo moving, but no movement when i use the remote. I tried to bind the units but no lights are showing on the receiver.

If it is broken, can i use any 2.4gHz receiver to pair with my remote which is the XP3-SS.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

sosidge
13-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately not all 2.4 systems are compatible... it is closer to the truth to say that they are all INcompatible...

That receiver should be available as a spare - although it seems quite expensive considering the price of the car in the first place!

Someone else may know if it is compatible with another brand.

bigred5765
13-12-2010, 02:57 PM
like for like as fare as i know

m3nf
13-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks for your reply, it seems to be cheap to buy a different and new TX and RX than order just the single part.

Time to check for sale section again :)

Dudders
13-12-2010, 03:40 PM
So are they or are they not? :confused:

My son has a RTR and I'm thinking about getting a better wheel controller that is more adjustable to his needs. Would love to know

:thumbsup:

blue_pinky
13-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Every manufacturer of radio gear uses their own 2.4ghz system, and they are all completely incompatible with each other...frustrating, and a bit rubbish after the ease of mix and match on 27/40mhz, but true right now.

Up to now I don't know of any manufacturer that's either rebadging or made one compatible with another make either.

Reason being each brand uses a different 'clever' method of pairing/sync'ing the Rx and Tx. Spektrum stuff finds an empty band and locks onto it for example, Futaba constantly changes bands during use, so all different.

You'll need to get matching stuff for it to work!