PDA

View Full Version : New series of Top Gear

poopers
21-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Starts tonight, figured I’d mention it cos it’s on a tues rather than sun.

I’ve put a link to some stuff in the new episodes, cos let’s face it if I didn’t this post would be sparse.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/12/12/top-gear%E2%80%99s-christmas-double-bill-%E2%80%93-the-trailer/

That is all.

Col
21-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Interesting. I'd seen this listed tonight but had not bothered with it as it's synopsis is down as episode 7/7, rather than the first of a 2 part christmas special...
I'll get the box set to record asap!

shoebox-airbrushing
21-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Rather looking forward to the boxing day one

Chequered Flag Racing
26-12-2010, 07:25 PM
tonight at 20:00 on BBC 2

then the iplayer if you miss it

SlowOne
29-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I think that's it for me. It's become so predictable, not in the least bit funny, and so obviously staged. They are so far up their own arses they can probably see their tonsils!!

Shame really, as the idea was great when it started, and while they were finding different ways to entertain us using cars, it was worth the watch. Now you can predict the scripts and the outcomes before they happen, and even the car bits are not that watchable.

Still, whilst they are earning shedloads for BBC Worldwide, and helping offset the trampling that the Tories are giving the BBC, they do at least serve a purpose. Keep watching guys, they make money for the BBC!! You don't mind doing that do you, so I don't have to? Thanks!! :thumbsup:

racingdwarf
29-12-2010, 08:26 PM
This year xmas special never realy got going for me:(. But I think the vetnam on motor bikes one was the last good one realy, still rather see top gear on TV rather than total crap like eastenders etc, that should have gone a long time ago...about a week after the first episode would have done me:thumbsup:

john333
29-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I must admit, it is soooooo staged now it's ridiculous, but I still like watching it.....and when captain slow got bowled over by the tow rope you could hear the bang when his head hit the floor

bodgit
29-12-2010, 10:46 PM
So did they really record the sound of hammond spraying the toilet pan when he had the trotters?.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/bodgit_2009/th_fighting0024.gif (http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/bodgit_2009/?action=view&current=fighting0024.gif&newest=1)
My missus thought that was hilarious but went beserk when I let rip.

DCM
29-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Stage.... yes
predictable... possibly.... it is a 'format' after all
makes me laugh... hell yes

So I still watch.....

Don't think Captain Slows headbutting of the floor was staged though :thumbsup:

DCM
29-12-2010, 10:53 PM
double post...

john333
29-12-2010, 10:55 PM
My 2 boys had not heard the phrase "the trots" before, now they talk about nothing else!
And it's their favourite all time TV moment when Clarkson is driving the arial Atom with no helmet and his face gets all distorted

Nightshade
29-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Thing is, it has become predictable. Yes, there was a time when it was good. It was shocking and imaginative. But so often I'm left thinking 'now what?' I think perhaps its been stretched as far as it can go, - those three were good but it's not fresh any more.

I'm tempted to say 'knowing when to quit' springs to mind, but perhaps a HUGE revamp might do it - i.e something in line with the fifth gear break away and switch from factual to entertainment....

Chequered Flag Racing
30-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I think that's it for me. It's become so predictable, not in the least bit funny, and so obviously staged.

Agree ;)

Keep watching guys,

Will update as and when

In the meantime spend some time watching Shameless on 4od :thumbsup: from episode one series one, I have. Not every ones cup of tea, but I've enjoyed it so far.

poopers
30-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I had the misfortune to watch some of Ice Road Truckers over Christmas, made Top Gear seem like a highbrow Open University programme.:lol:

Col
30-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm tempted to say 'knowing when to quit' springs to mind, but perhaps a HUGE revamp might do it - i.e something in line with the fifth gear break away and switch from factual to entertainment....

Why would they do that when it's one of the BBC's biggest selling programs? Millions watched the special in the UK and tens of millions more across the world no doubt.

gnr racer
30-12-2010, 05:42 PM
I used to really enjoy Top Gear but its got rediculous 'in my opinion', the studio audiance laugh at absolutely anything how ever stupid it might be which makes me cringe & the 'hamster' has become a fashion victim of huge proportion but for some unknown reason i still watch the bloody programme :confused::o

Nightshade
04-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Why would they do that when it's one of the BBC's biggest selling programs? Millions watched the special in the UK and tens of millions more across the world no doubt.

To keep it one of their biggest selling programs. They did it before and it improved the show no end. I think if you keep on at anything for long enough it will get stale - look a the general opinion on this thread...

My 2 cents anyway