PDA

View Full Version : Is there any plans to do track work over the Christmas break?

Randall34
22-12-2010, 07:32 AM
I will be at my folks in locks heath boxing day (sunday) til tuesday. Would or could any work happen at track on these days?

focusmad
22-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I could make it to the track the monday or tuesday if it does not snow again,it would be good to get the track up and going again
chris

SteveB
22-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I could make it to the track the monday or tuesday if it does not snow again,it would be good to get the track up and going again
chris

Guys

Will keep u posted, if enough people of keen to do some work, Monday/Tuesday may be the option. Ideally pin down the rest of the track and move all remaining old astro, then we can race Sunday the 2nd?

But will need some help for Monday or Tuesday, ideally looking for 8 bodies minimum.

Please post if you can make say Tuesday AM 28th 9am to whenever work is complete.

Thanks Steve

focusmad
22-12-2010, 08:37 PM
steve,i can make tuesday for shore as i have no work till the next tuesday
chris

M.Andrews
22-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I can make it both monday or tuesday. Track still needs features put in,when are they going to be done?.
Happy Christmas to all TORCH members and their families and a Great New Year 2011 to the club!

SteveB
23-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Guys

Looking like a Tuesday work party, 10am start ish, will need some drill ans hammers etc to help finish track.

Mark, features need to be built fom scratch and this will take money that the club does not have at moment. Idea is to make features that are portable to a degree that will enable us to change the track now and again, maybe the only main feature that will remain the same will be the table top. otherwise anything goes to a degree but not any feature that presents risk to marshalls or damaging cars too easily.

We need:

1. Triple jump a 1 - 1.5 foot high

2. 2 single 1 foot jumps

3. Table top that is designed in mind to land the other down slope to avoid nasty accidents.

4. any other suggestions

Ta

Randall34
24-12-2010, 08:19 AM
i can offer some help with materials for making jumps, i.e. marine ply and timber through my work but not till i start back late jan.

count me in for tuesday morning

jkonline
24-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Here is a photo of what the track look like when I was down last, may help you out with planning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51074310@N06/5288063852/

jamiekerr14
24-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Wooow looks incredible guys! blimey.. looks a lot bigger! looking good! nice are of space to work on layouts ect! cant wait!:thumbsup:

SteveB
27-12-2010, 08:41 PM
:eh?:All,

A 10am start tormorow with the aim to finish the track, a few of us spent the afternoon traying to finash the track, however still need to complete a quarter of the track.

Tasks:

1. Pin remaining track markings.
2. Nail down racing line where astro meets together.
3. Revisit all track markings and pin down further to secure track better.
4. Site marshall spots with slabes
5. Move all old astro to parking area.
6. Sweep track.
7. Clear any remaing rubbish..

If this can be achieved this week, we will race Sunday 9am start, weather depending, also worth maybe a full days meeting. Dependant on numbers as well.

Some feedback on the post would be appreciated, :D