PDA

View Full Version : whitcliff mount

andy
24-12-2010, 01:56 PM
is there going to be a meeting at whitcliff mount on the 9th of janaury thanks:thumbsup:

super sparks
24-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Andy.there are going to be meetings at whitcliffe mount, but as far as i know they are not starting until the 23 of jan...hopefully dianne or someone else will confirm the date and time

paulc
24-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Have you got the postcode please just want to see where abouts it is

Cheers Paul :)

Oscar
24-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't have a post code, but its about 5 mins away from the outdoor venue, back towards the motorway.

Speaking to Di, I think the bad weather has prevented the move of the container, which has contributed to the date of the first meeting being put back.

phil c
24-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Speaking to Di, I think the bad weather has prevented the move of the container
does that mean the outdoor track is shut then ? Or do you have another container ????

aeb4
24-12-2010, 06:07 PM
does that mean the outdoor track is shut then ? Or do you have another container ????
I think he means the container that was at the old indoor venue.

Oscar
24-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, I was referring to the one from Batley sports centre ;)

chalky
24-12-2010, 10:21 PM
what about the date of the first meeting?

DianneH
28-12-2010, 08:54 AM
There is quite a bit of sorting to do before we can go indoors and the bad weather has delayed things. I have had confirmation from the Fire Service to say that we can have some fire hosing for track markings but, as yet, I do not know how much.

We need to get some things from the outdoor track and we also need to sort which speakers we are going to use, loop for the lap counting etc.

The container has not yet been moved and some of us need to meet at the track to discuss the way forward. Again, bad weather and then Xmas holidays has delayed this.

I had hoped to go indoors on the 9th January but feel it is now too rushed to organise things for that date. We are then at Chadderton on 16th Jan and have planned to go indoors on the 23rd January, which gives an extra couple of weeks to make sure that we are ready. I would not want to try for the 9th and then find that we are unprepared and put on a bad meeting. It is essential that we put on a good show so that drivers will want to come and race at our meetings.

I will keep you all posted via the forum and may be asking for help with things.

We are hoping to make new obstacles for the track - anyone able to make one?

Dianne

Richard Lowe
28-12-2010, 09:18 PM
We are hoping to make new obstacles for the track - anyone able to make one?
I can make some jumps Dianne if I knew what the space is like in the container and if someone with a van could take them to the track :)

Jabber
29-12-2010, 12:13 AM
I am more than happy to help with transport of the ramps Rich as long as they will fit in a renault trafic,same applies to the hose pipe Dianne.Just let me know where and when.:thumbsup:

AndyG
29-12-2010, 11:18 PM
so you don't fancy making up a JM Paving sponsored jump then Jabber?

Would give you a hand if you like ?

DianneH
01-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the offers of help - I would think there will be plenty of space in the container Richard - a lot of things have been taken out - we still have the gym mats and the 2 large rolls of carpets in there but I think Steve was intending to cut the rolls of carpet to make them smaller and easier to lift them.

Feel free to make what you think would be good for the track and we will then reimburse you for the materials. Do we still need others to make some as well or will you have the time to make what we need and then James do the transporting in his van?

I think my motto for the year is going to be - Many hands make light work!

Richard Lowe
01-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I can make as many as we need, the problem I have is somewhere to put them :bored:

I think the best thing to do is make them in small sections where i can do the final assembly at the track, they'd end up being about 8'x2' and say 1' or so high when assembled. How many of those could we store do you think?

DianneH
04-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I have had a response from the Fire Service to say that they can supply us with approximately 250 metres of hosing.

It is red plastic and will be flat when we get it. He has suggested filling it with old newspapers to fill it out - it is 2.5" diameter. Any other ideas?

He will contact me to let me know when it is available and then we will need to collect it.

If we are going to fill it with old newspapers we will need to start saving them or does anyone know where we can get old ones without having to buy any?

Jabber
05-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Just let me know Dianne when its ready and i will go pick it up.My mobile 07968919198. Cheers james.

Chris B
25-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi all.
Any news on when the first meeting might be?

Oscar
25-01-2011, 11:42 PM
AFAIK , they hoped to move our container last week but were unable(possiblty ground too soft??) Until such a time as we can get this moved, we will be unable to organise the equipment required to run a meeting.
As soon as updates are available, they will be posted here:)

keenan
29-01-2011, 08:54 AM
does this mean u guys will be racing at whitecliffe mount now? as ur main in door venue?
as this used to be my old high school and would be awesome to come down!

if any of you guys need the postcode its
BD19 3AQ

hope that helps ant :)