PDA

View Full Version : Power supplies

tom10
30-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been looking for somewhere near London to race for a while now and your place looks great! I live in Hackney and rely entirely on public transport to get around but getting to EPR wouldn't be too much of a hassle (just a bus and then a train from London Bridge i believe). However, from experience lugging RC gear on busses/trains/planes many times before I know its no fun at all, though I can live with that if the racing's good! What I wanted to ask is do you have mains power supply at the track? Bringing a leisure battery + RC gear is definitely out the question for me.

Hopefully I can come race sometime...

Cheers

Tom :)

tiny tom
30-12-2010, 04:56 PM
The people you needed to speak to is brookie or mattADH on oople, if still having problems you can up on my genny.
Tom

MattADH
05-01-2011, 10:19 AM
We dont have mains for the pits I am afraid but am sure we can find someone to assist with some power via a generator.

The club still has a couple of generators of their own that need to be run from time to time so we would just ask for a small donation towards fuel and you can hook up your power supply to that. One thing we would suggest is the use of a surge protected extension lead...

HTH

tom10
11-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks Matt and Tom. Sounds perfect!

Well I still need to get a car together first (I'm an old school TC driver!), though I just picked up a nib B44 for cheap, so i'm almost there...just need a BL system and lipos!

I think I'm going to pop along soon and see what its all about first...so hopefully see you soon.

brookie
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Tom,

Always pleased to see new and returning drivers and happy to help individuals with any level of previous experience! :thumbsup:

It's always recommended that any driver get along to their local club to see what is both recommended and maybe available (there's always a regular turn-over of equipment available from other members!) and we're at the track most weekends, whether we're racing on not!

So keep an eye out here for announcements, there's every likelihood that we'll be trackside some time this forthcoming weekend!

HTH
EPR Committee