PDA

View Full Version : Mid week 1/10th buggy racing

RogerM
03-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi all,

sorry to gatecrash your area on the forum but I am in need of a little info.

My work is posting me over to your part of the country, Sudbury to be exact, and I will be there all weekdays every week in January I believe.

Whilst over there I would really like to do a bit of club racing so was wondering where I could go to do a bit of buggy running in your region weekday evenings.

Thanks in advance.

JohnM
03-01-2011, 02:34 PM
You poor man Roger, what did you do to deserve such treatment? I live just outside of Sudbury, total hole of a town!

Sadly there isn't much in the way of mid-week off road racing this way, Model Junction at Bury ST Edmunds race tourers on Wednesday nights.

The only other place I can think of near here, is some chaps who race 8th scale off road buggies across the road from Sudbury's sorting office on Thursday nights, did take my DEX410 down there last year & showed then the way round! Smallish track, not too bumpy, mostly dirt, some hard packed, the rest loose. Was more like a practice session, think they do the racing on Sundays, but good for a little practice.

RogerM
03-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Looks like I might have to break the touring car out then for some thumb time.
Was just hoping there would be a silver lining to the visit and I might get chance to shake down the ZX5-FS2 before Petit.

TEMsport
03-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Southend model car club run on a tuesday night in a massive barn at barley lands in billericay, not to far to travel from sudbury for the quality of track surface and jumps.
They run heats for 1/10th buggys, micro's, mardaves, minis and TC.
Racing starts about 7 ish.

RogerM
03-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Do you have a link to the Southend club please?

Benh
03-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Do you have a link to the Southend club please?

Here you go;)

PC (Indoor) CM11 2UD

Link (Indoor) - http://www.southendrccc.org/Indoor%20Racing/Barleylands/Indoor%20League%202010-3/league_index.htm

Main H-Page - http://www.southendrccc.org/home.html