PDA

View Full Version : E-firestorm: Novak or Ezrun combo?

hercooles
14-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Hi guys!

I want to buy an E-firestorm and there are 2 offers right now, cars are almost the same.

1. Ezrun 35A + 9T 4300kv / car used, body is scratchy but no serious injuries + Geolander tyres
2. Novak GTB nolimit +SS10.5T 4200kv / car used ~10 times so its in a good shape, new tyres, +20% cost

Mainly i want to decide which esc+motor combo is "long-lifer, better, etc".

:wub

Thanks

liam
15-01-2011, 10:16 AM
I know novak do a trade in offer on there esc if you want to upgrade or if yours explodes.

I wouldnt have thought its not that easy to resolve problems with an EZRUN in china though. I could be wrong but Ive had no dealings with them myself.

Id go with the novak system and try to knock some money off the deal whilst your at it.

damselfly
31-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Don't know much about Novak stuff, but I think that ezRun would get pretty hot in the Firestorm. If it was the 60A version it'd be better suited.
If I were you, i'd look out for a roller and fit your own electrics.
Done a lot of research on a suitable esc combo for the Firestorm and have found that the best for the buck is the new Castle Sidewinder sct with a neu motor. They can be obtained new for around £60 on eBay, and are MUCH better systems than the ezRun.
I've just bought a new E Firestorm 10t for less than £100, and have just ordered this combo myself.
:thumbsup::confused: