PDA

View Full Version : wheels?

boomerang
17-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Howdy,

first of all, we are a few guys here in switzerland who orderd a bunch of zx-5 s

so i just want to know, if the academy wheels fit the lazer, or if they change the width of the car.
does anybody know?

thanks for the answers

greetings from ( rainy) switzerland

Möre

nick oliver
17-05-2006, 07:48 PM
HI dude, Erm i was thinking about this about month ago i not sure if angles etc will be different:confused: but i no the front wheels just fit, And the rears dont:( as the webs inside of wheel catch on block bit. Nick;)

DCM
17-05-2006, 08:30 PM
the offset of the Academy wheels is different to the Kyosho wheels, which would end up making the car narrower causing clearance issue's that Nick mentions.

ulrich
17-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Howdy,

first of all, we are a few guys here in switzerland who orderd a bunch of zx-5 s

so i just want to know, if the academy wheels fit the lazer, or if they change the width of the car.
does anybody know?

thanks for the answers

greetings from ( rainy) switzerland

Möre

I have been using a Schumacher CAT3000 in the last 5 years. I have made a modification on original schumacher hex´s so the fit the ZX5, (nice I have nearly 100 set of wheels). I use the CAT2000 alloy hex where it is drilled a 5 mm hole and milled a slot to the pin.

For rear end I think hex from the Schu.Menece will fit easy if the 1,5 mm slot will be changed to a 2 mm slot.

If it wanted I can post photos after saturday.

Ulrich

stefke
18-05-2006, 09:01 AM
I have been using a Schumacher CAT3000 in the last 5 years. I have made a modification on original schumacher hex´s so the fit the ZX5, (nice I have nearly 100 set of wheels). I use the CAT2000 alloy hex where it is drilled a 5 mm hole and milled a slot to the pin.

For rear end I think hex from the Schu.Menece will fit easy if the 1,5 mm slot will be changed to a 2 mm slot.

If it wanted I can post photos after saturday.

Ulrich

Very interesting since I have 150 or so Schum wheels in the garage doing nothing. I looked at it. The offset seems about right for the ZX5, but it looks difficult to modify the Schum hexes.

boomerang
18-05-2006, 05:49 PM
hi ulrich

could be interesting if you can post some pictures of your modified schumacher hex-parts, cause we still have many schumi wheels.

its still rainy in switzerland

möre

ulrich
18-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Here we go !!

I have using the old type alloy adapter "wide type", For rearend it was needed to glue a 2 mm fiberglass hex on alloy hex, because Kyosho rear wheels have more off-set than the front wheels. Shumacher use the same off-set.

I have found a hex from the Shumacher Nitro car Menece and it seems it will do a great for the rearend on ZX5
But the slot have to be change a bit

Hope you use my pics.

Raining in Denmark too.. First meeting in this weekend, and it will raining :(

Cheers

Ulrich

boomerang
23-05-2006, 04:17 PM
i see...thanks for the pictures.
we just orderd a few hexes from the menance, i hope we found the rightones.

greetings from, at the moment not rainy, switzerland

möre