wouter.z
01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Jeroen hurry up :-)

Cooper
01-11-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.rc-offroad.be/spy%20shots%20aero/aerospy1.JPG

Alfonzo
01-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Those wishbones remind me of the ones on my Shumacher Cat 3000. Mind you, I suppose all wishbones look very similar really ;)

kúv!n
01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I like the cell layout!

Wraggy
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
not really spy pics ??

seen the chassis a while ago and its been posted on opple before ...

DCM
01-11-2007, 01:35 PM
but not the moulded rear gear casing though....

Cooper
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.rc-offroad.be/spy%20shots%20aero/aerospy2.JPG

ashleyb4
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I like!!

What the little thin metal bit screwed to the center bit lol.

A

jimmy
01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
does it screw to the motor mount and just help keep the (movable) spur in place against the motor pinion?

Richard Lowe
01-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Looking at the pic I'd say the spur is static and the little metal 'arm' screws to the top of the motor with the slot being to adjust the mesh. Although there is a slot in the 'bulkhead's too so the spur could move :confused:

It looks a bit flimsy to me, you can't tell yet though really because it looks like there's another alloy part to mount the motor which isn't shown .

DCM
01-11-2007, 03:24 PM
nah, the motor is stationary on it and the slipper mount moves, you can see the slots in the plate.

do hope that is a pre-prod mount though.....

Northy
01-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm loooooooving the square nut! :eh?:

Richard Lowe
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm loooooooving the square nut! :eh?:
I think it needs a NorTech blue nut on :D

rowley
01-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Can someone just confirm my thoughts with regard to a lot more flex in the plastic chassis compared to alloy chassis?

Not that clued up on it so if someone would enlighten me that would be cool!

Chris Green
01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
not really spy pics ??

seen the chassis a while ago and its been posted on opple before ...

The first one is defo a spy pic, its taken through the window of a car. :D

Cooper
01-11-2007, 11:25 PM
want more ?

jimmy
01-11-2007, 11:26 PM
bring it on coople! Never have too many spy shots!

DCM
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
no scantily clad ladies though.... that can get you into trouble..... apparently.... allegedly...

elvo
02-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Can someone just confirm my thoughts with regard to a lot more flex in the plastic chassis compared to alloy chassis?

Not that clued up on it so if someone would enlighten me that would be cool!

Yes! I hand-flex-tested the production chassis from the pics (veeeeeery scientifically!) It was definitely more flexible than the alu chassis they had before. But it was a smooth, damped kind of flex, which is probably a good thing...

Cooper
02-11-2007, 09:39 AM
http://www.rc-offroad.be/spy%20shots%20aero/aerospy3.JPG

PaulRotheram
02-11-2007, 05:00 PM
some of the front end please..

elvo
02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
some of the front end please..

Kim asked not to take pics of the front end.

Thomas P
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Is this the final product?

Chequered Flag Racing
02-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Kim asked not to take pics of the front end.

someone has :o

http://www.rc-offroad.be/spy%20shots%20aero/aerospy5.JPG

some front end hardware (http://www.aeroracing.eu/en/news/4/) on their home page 2

elvo
03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
someone has :o

The steering knuckles, more specifically.

maxoo
04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
http://images4.imagehotel.net/2sqpme529k.jpg (http://www.imagehotel.net/?from=2sqpme529k.jpg)

Cooper
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
lol, someone was finally smart enough to try other numbers in the URL ;)
saves me some work, thanks LOL

Cooper
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Is this the final product?

no no no

there well be decent screws used ofcourse
and it will have bearings and transmission parts :p:p:p

maxoo
04-11-2007, 01:59 PM

lol ;)

Yes, I tried other numbers in the URL, and i found 1 new pic :D

Thanks for your pictures !!!

Chequered Flag Racing
04-11-2007, 05:31 PM

credit were its due please :mad:, that's how I got the front end pic. Thought about the other but the query was for front end:D

Cooper
04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
hihi, both of you deserve a big kiss now !

*mwaaah*

SCOTT DICKINSON
08-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello:)
the square nut for the clutch/motor mesh is very good idea ,as on the durango you have two cap headed bolts that are got at from the top and you need a ball ended driver to adjust motor mesh passed the spur assemly
yes the motor is static and the clutch assbly moves and it works realy well what you do, is undo the the top motor screw slightly then the two clutch slide adjustment bolts thingys! set your mesh then do up the top motor screw as to hold that elongated strap then do up the others on the chasis slider thingys:)
it realy looks delicate but once assembled its very bomb proof and i have never had it move but saying that, mines and ali chasis thats very rigid

also i am not quite sure the transmission will run with those cell straps, as if i did this on my car it will foul the rear cvd and this is why the durango has thick polycarbonate ones that also stop shorting occuring when running the car and installing the cells
under my ib4200s there is only about 1mm clearance of the rear cvd
maybe the clutch or rear diff is higher/more angled than my car?:confused:

and i think its a shame the diffs are not extracted from the rear of the transmissions (front and rear end) :( and what a shame those beautifull durango wing mounts havent made it either.

please dont think im just moaning for the sake of it....just trying to help:)

PaulRotheram
08-11-2007, 05:56 PM
but.. this is an aero.. not a durango. :)

SCOTT DICKINSON
08-11-2007, 06:07 PM
OH YES..... An aero
sorry paul but it does bear a slight resemblance
i got a little confused
like i said trying to be helpfull and comparing it with the car that (allegedly) inspired it

Chrislong
08-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Do you still have the Durango Scott?

PaulRotheram
08-11-2007, 07:00 PM
OH YES..... An aero
sorry paul but it does bear a slight resemblance
i got a little confused
like i said trying to be helpfull and comparing it with the car that (allegedly) inspired it

no need to be sarcastic !

The car resembles the durango.. but you, or my self do not know how close the production car will be to the durango.. or should i say serpent.

SCOTT DICKINSON
08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Paul i wasnt trying to be sarky
and yes we dont know how the car will look but i would hazard a guess that those moulded bits are virtualy finished
and lets face it we are talking about (bottom line) a durango 2005 production car
i as a durango owner am very glad to see this aero car produced as it gives others the chance to experience a fantastic car like mine and hopefully someone one day will agree with me+ i can get some spares instead of making them or bothering Gerd with silly orders just to bang around the local village hall:)

hello chris mate
yes i do still have the durango why do you ask? and have just rebuilt it last week and its going very well at our local club though the shells very tired
i really like my car but its not allways to everyones taste my bros x11 is just as quick

Chrislong
08-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi Scott, just feels like so long ago since you first got it, I remember the pictures you put up. The Bugati Veyron of RC? So will you be letting us know how the Aero and Serpent compare back to back to the Real McCoy?

SCOTT DICKINSON
08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey Chris
id love to and im sure the serpent is going to be very good/exciting no doubts there
and im sure the aero is going to be fantastic i just have a few little niggles with some parts of it but have kept my mouth shut for fear of being shot down
i may not be the best driver and dont attend any big meetings but i do know my way around my car (inside out) and am one of the lucky few who can hold up a durango against the photos on here and compare it with them
thanks

SCOTT DICKINSON
09-11-2007, 07:58 AM
:)would you like me to point out any differences between the aero and the 2005 .....from what i can see? good or bad

Cooper
09-11-2007, 07:40 PM
anti squat is different, and better !

SCOTT DICKINSON
09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
its adjustable on my car so how can it?:)

Cooper
09-11-2007, 07:53 PM
more !

SCOTT DICKINSON
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
sorry cooper i do not understand and do not know how you are qualified to compare these cars? please fill me in .....:confused:
my durangos anti squat is adjusted by washers and the adjustability is well with in sensible set ups looking at it , it would max out at about 25 degrees!
who runs that much?

ps lets not turn this thread nasty at all just a real debate about facts and reality

PaulRotheram
09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
abit pointless as it seems you're the only one who is allowed to have a valid comment.. due to you having a durango.:confused:

SCOTT DICKINSON
09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
i personaly find it a little odd looking at an ali chasis copy thats made from composite
as these are two completley different materials and need to be treated very differently for instance do you fancy driving your SUBARBISHI doing 150 mph on plastic rims that are exact copys of your old rims? thought not.....they would be altered and beefed up where nessary!

on my durango the front hinge pins are held captive in the chasis by about 1mm of ali before it breaks through the bottom of the chasis and because its ali its ok as aircraft ali ( very high grade ) is unbelivably durable:D but i dont like the composites chances:( and it looks very much like it shares the same dimensions as the bonifido car

i personaly think that this car should have been redesigned properly for the material it uses in its construction and just kept the real cars geometry and layout
im afraid that any sucker game enough to buy this car and think its as good as a durango is kidding themselfs coz at the moment its deffo not
which is a sad thing
but i understand its going to be affordable so this is a very good half way house:)

SCOTT DICKINSON
09-11-2007, 08:36 PM
A bit touchy Paul
its not my fault that i have a car to compare ,is it?
whats wrong with asking how they know more and can top trump my car ?
they could be anyone!
i think your last comment was very pointless it ment nothing:confused:
im just telling the truth
if no ones intrested all they have to do is say

PaulRotheram
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I think you're overreacting.. and seem abit defensive over anything.. quite impossible to have a discussion with if im honest.

I said it because it's true.. no one else can comment on the car, or comparisons as not many (very few) have had the chance to have both cars up close long enough to have a good analysis of them.

Your comments are quite invalid as you only have the durango, and I assume you've yet to have the chance to see the production aero in the flesh - like most of us.

im afraid that any sucker game enough to buy this car and think its as good as a durango is kidding themselfs coz at the moment its deffo not

How do you know?

Cooper
09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
The plastic is a VERY supernew type of plastic.. VERY strong

the antisquat in the Aero is + 30░ I think and it works!
I know the designer and I was at the Belgian GP were Pidge (Lee M.) ran the car....
and that's why I hear stuff others don't ;)

SCOTT DICKINSON
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
ok cooper that seems a pretty valid reason (my kinda guy) please ignore pauls little childish outbursts cause i am:D
cooper how does this alter the characterisics of the rear end....ive never had a problem with mine but it would be something to try too make it even quicker?
Paul maybe if you but
out and get off your high horse ,oopple god, you may acctually learn something thats fact and not just mumbo!

sorry cooper as i said earlier theres allways someone out there to shoot you down....and then they go back and read what they thought that they read and got it allout of context....and if your lucky appologise...very lucky
look paul why are you even commenting about what i say do you dissagree are you the aero owner....do you realy want one .....are you jealous of my cranky old toy car:)
please fill us in
cause your spoiling a factuall thread:confused:

Cooper
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I can't give you any further details Scott

1) I don't know if i'm allowed to

2) I don't know them

LOL

but, if you want to know if it works on your durango, there is only 1 reason to find out ;) ;)

DCM
09-11-2007, 09:28 PM
depends on the alloy material as to how it reacts and how similar it is to a plastic moulding, as really with the alloy chassis you are assessing fit and finish and layout, as the stiffness will be there, but you also have to take into consideration the extra bracing/work a composite tub would also need. If this has been done, there should be very little or no difference at all.

The only downside is that if they haven't done their homework, then the chassis will be as floppy as a cheap wig in the breeze.

I just hope the production lives up to the prototypes ability.

PaulRotheram
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Scott, thank you for the very abusive personal message. I'll look forward to letting people know what you're really about. Good luck making friends in the future.. with your attitude you've got no chance. :)

Southwell
09-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Scott, thank you for the very abusive personal message. I'll look forward to letting people know what you're really about. Good luck making friends in the future.. with your attitude you've got no chance. :)

I'd also like to say, bye. Abusing an admin is not a good idea :)

MattW
09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
At the end of the day no one is going to be able to produce the "durango" as it was - we all know that Gerd couldn't!!! Production stuff always has to be cheaper to make than the hand made prototype stuff - which is basically what a durango was, a consistantly evolving prototype.

Of course the Aero is going to look very like the durango though - in thesame was that we are all expecting the Serpant to when it arrives.

There's some cool looking stuff in this car, and some stuff that maybe i would have done differently - but that's a fact of life.

matt
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Is this about to double the amount of times SCOTT has been baned:p

mattym0310
09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
very abusive personal message. I'll look forward to letting people know what you're really about

please share :)

ryan
09-11-2007, 10:29 PM
please share :)
I was hoping the same thing but i dont think we will see it;)

PaulRotheram
09-11-2007, 10:36 PM
back on topic to the aero + spy pics ;)

I'm looking forward to see the front end, especially the hidden blocks :p

jimmy
09-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I've held this chassis and it does appear to be very tough - hard to say without crashing it into a wall of course, something I'm sure I'll get to do some day with the car (not on purpose, honest):)

Lee Martin
12-11-2007, 09:18 AM
if its any help at all! i beleive the plastic will be alot better than the alloy for many reasons!

but we will wait and see!

SHY
13-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Will the shell be changed? Or will it be the same old Volvo-like shape? ("they're boxy but they're good") :p

flipside
23-11-2007, 02:51 PM
If you're looking for the pics, they are here now:

http://www.rc-offroad.be/pictures/2007_10_28_aero/index.htm