PDA

View Full Version : Lexan Battery Tray's

Chequered Flag Racing
18-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Going to cut mine down by 50% until I have something better. It'll be easier to get the cells out.

So instead of the lexan tray what else is there and who makes them?

westie
18-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Lexan ones are useless!!
Battery fibre tape all the way, you can get it from staples, or any good hobby shop.

luke

Chequered Flag Racing
18-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Lexan ones are useless!!
Battery fibre tape all the way, you can get it from staples, or any good hobby shop.

luke

have the tape already

what do you use to stop the cells moving forward in a crash though as they will be sitting a flat chassis?

westie
18-01-2011, 07:14 PM
i use the tape in ministox & hotrods and not had a problem with them moving, always double it up tho for finals ;) you can also cut down some battery post and screw them in the two holes that mount the top deck.

luke

ianhaye
19-01-2011, 05:27 PM
valcro on the chasis and bottom of the battery and then a lil bit of tape just to be sure. or abs trays last a lot longer than lexan ones

Homerjhandley
20-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Take a look at http://mardaveforums.com/blog/?p=73

I got one and they are superb, also doubles as a solid device to assist with side impacts!

I have not had it long, but others in the club have had them for a long time with no problems.

PM me and i can try to get in touch with the chap who makes them.

Glyn

Chequered Flag Racing
20-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Take a look at http://mardaveforums.com/blog/?p=73

PM me and i can try to get in touch with the chap who makes them.

Glyn

Cheers Glyn

that's on the one I saw at TRCC (http://www.rccarclub.co.uk/) recently

Conrad
20-01-2011, 05:56 PM
You can always use the standoffs for the old top plate mounted in the holes in front of the battery area to stop them moving forward with tape. Personally I just tape them in with the 25mm fibreglass tape from staples, just don't forget to round the edges on the chassis where the tape sits or it will slice through the tape in an accident and send the cells flying.

coolcars782
20-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Whats wrong with the lexan tray? I cut mine in half like what Glenn said and it looks very neat and does the job :D

Homerjhandley
21-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Whats wrong with the lexan tray? I cut mine in half like what Glenn said and it looks very neat and does the job :D

it will split around the holes during a race and spill your cars innards around the track!

if you are lucky it will be just the battery....

stevo16v
30-01-2011, 11:00 PM
a few images of cell holders

4_cell_racer
03-02-2011, 01:34 AM
it will split around the holes during a race

Mine did the same...also didnt trust the 2 front bolts holding it in case my corally tubes touched them!!

Since buying one of Stevo16v jobbies everything has stayed where it should.....only thing I did was get rid of the velcro and used strapping tape to keep the cells in (looks neater)

Chequered Flag Racing
03-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Since buying one of Stevo16v jobbies everything has stayed where it should.....only thing I did was get rid of the velcro and used strapping tape to keep the cells in (looks neater)

have mine but I'll keep the velcro but probably reduce it by 50%

stevo16v
03-02-2011, 10:59 AM
have mine but I'll keep the velcro but probably reduce it by 50%
i use velcro so u can roll the top bars in to take up the slack in smaller cells and out for the bigger cells like 5300
when i was selling them on ebay i gave the first people the option of 20 or 40mm velcro and they all went for the 40 but i think they were banger racers /still lookin for different options,
a few small tips
as said above roll the top shafts in or out to take up the slack or left to right to move the cells slightly to one side to counter the motor
keep the soft velcro on top ,its much easeir to clean the carpet fluff off
working on a new fast release prototype mod but wont be out for a while
u will be able to update the current ones for a few pounds /il be doing the upgrade kits at cost and be still made of nylon so they last a lifetime

mcjjordan
03-02-2011, 01:47 PM
-stevo16v
got mine today fitted in no probs at all
was a bit concerned about my vintage speedmaster esc fitting but was ok
i think you should put a listing back on ebay as i know a load of people were watching them first time around as i was .....any queeries il send them your way

keep up the good work

Chequered Flag Racing
02-03-2011, 07:45 AM
@stevo16v

although the 1s lipo's fit ok have you any plans for a lipo battery holder?

stevo16v
02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
yes ,im going to redifine the design,lots of ideas just need more time to jig up

large
02-03-2011, 02:30 PM
I make my own style of speed control which some people fit to V12 chassis, it has a large polypropylene block which supports the cells - I've sold a load recently to racers who use them along with glassfibre tape, the rear mount is then used for a small hook to stop the rear pod popping off :thumbsup:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg192/ajat08/banger%20speedo/3.jpg

this is before the rest of the speedo is fitted so you get some idea :D