PDA

View Full Version : Pre-booking for club racing

Robbiejuk
19-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Right guys last week we had 18 people doing off-road. We only have space allocation for 20 in off-road so if you are going to race make sure you pre-book as we are now getting close to having a cut-off level.

http://www.wbmcc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=73

For more info on pre-booking follow the link above.

pat*1
19-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Right guys last week we had 18 people doing off-road. We only have space allocation for 20 in off-road so if you are going to race make sure you pre-book as we are now getting close to having a cut-off level.

http://www.wbmcc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=73

For more info on pre-booking follow the link above.
Why have we only got limited numbers allowed for a class:thumbdown:surely the more the better and no this isnt just another moan it does not make sense to me to turn people away if a class is popular...

antnee
19-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I know there can only be a maximum of 6 heats on a Friday to ensure 4 rounds of racing. So max of 60 drivers.

Obviously if there is a continued high volumes of off road drivers and people are being turned down and the on road classes are lacking then the situation would probably be looked at and changed.

The Doctor
19-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Rob - how many are we getting in touring nowadays and what are the current rules re combining touring classes? Last week I think we could have combined the touring heats into 1 group of < 10 cars? Obviously we had spare time (no packing away) so we could afford to run 2 touring heats last week.

Pat - I think we have allowed an allocation of 20 off-road, 20 M-chassis and 20 touring per club night. More than 6 heats means 3 rounds of racing which nobody wants to see. Obviously without pre-booking we never know how many of each class we're going to get until the night. If everyone pre-booked we would know that we had spare spaces in off-road before the night, so we could simply allocate them according to demand as you suggest.

Either way, it doesn't take much effort to pre-book so let's JFDI. :)

wes j.
19-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Just chuck everyone in one heat and we can do Mayday Mayhem all winter :p:thumbsup:.

reg
19-01-2011, 09:03 PM
last week proved that its not the number of heats that makes a big difference to what time we finish,its people not setting the track up,i didnt help set the track up,along with 20 others,ALL MEMBERS OF THE CLUB,thats the issue

Robbiejuk
20-01-2011, 01:35 PM
We have always split the touring cars up because of the speed and ability differences. Basically the new guys feel really intimidated if they end up with the faster drivers which is understandable.

Minis we always stick together as they are smaller and the speed differences are not that great.

6 heats is maximum we can have to run four rounds with five minute races and give us plenty of time to pack away.

obviously if we had 30 drivers turn up for off-road and only five heats we could cater for it providing we start on time.

20-20-20 is fairest way of splitting up three class groups.

I take it that everybody who has replied to this thread has internet access and can pre-book :D

pat*1
20-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I take it that everybody who has replied to this thread has internet access and can pre-book :D :eh?:
No point in pre booking as i dont know till friday about work as to wether i will be there:D

deepdale11
20-01-2011, 09:10 PM
last week proved that its not the number of heats that makes a big difference to what time we finish,its people not setting the track up,i didnt help set the track up,along with 20 others,ALL MEMBERS OF THE CLUB,thats the issue

YES, I agree..may be Rob J can ask on the mic for everyone to help so we can get started quicker!

Chris56
20-01-2011, 09:32 PM
YES, I agree..may be Rob J can ask on the mic for everyone to help so we can get started quicker!

I agree with that suggestion.

At one point last friday there was me, Dave and Ash setting up, along with a couple other (can't remember who). I remember looking back at the pit area and it was like we had an audience.

Although we can't make people help out with the track, it is a bit annoying that it is the same people week in week out who help out and the same people who sit on their arses doing nothing, despite arriving at 6-6:30.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you don't want to help with the track, at least bring cakes/beer with you to share
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool::drool:

Dave Dodd
20-01-2011, 10:37 PM
I agree with that suggestion.

At one point last friday there was me, Dave and Ash setting up, along with a couple other (can't remember who). I remember looking back at the pit area and it was like we had an audience.

Although we can't make people help out with the track, it is a bit annoying that it is the same people week in week out who help out and the same people who sit on their arses doing nothing, despite arriving at 6-6:30.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you don't want to help with the track, at least bring cakes/beer with you to share
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool::drool:

this last bit is an excellent idea :thumbsup:

but yes, we get moaned at for not starting on time yet there sat on there behinds playing with there tindlely winks :(:lol:

chris brown
20-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Is tiddly winks still best 5 from 8 to count?
What about a tie break situation?

reg
20-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Is tiddly winks still best 5 from 8 to count?
What about a tie break situation?

there will have to be a flick off

Robbiejuk
20-01-2011, 11:21 PM
A little prompt goes a long way. 21 people pre-booked 15 of which are doing off-road

G-46
30-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi guys, im hoping to pop down next friday night in the 2wd Class so i will be booking on the thursday beforhand, but ive noticed that you need somthong over the shock towers, so was wondering what you use.

Many thanks

Chris56
30-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi guys, im hoping to pop down next friday night in the 2wd Class so i will be booking on the thursday beforhand, but ive noticed that you need somthong over the shock towers, so was wondering what you use.

Many thanks

Gaffa tape should suffice, although Wes J can provide you with a proper plastic one for a small price

chris brown
30-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Gaffa tape should suffice, although Wes J can provide you with a proper plastic one for a small price

Yeah, just dont use a real thong whatever you do.
Or at least dont tell me about it!