PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Rd1 2011

julianb
23-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey chaps,

had a lot of fun today, watching James get to grips with the F1. Sadly my Mardave still seems to have a mind of its own! Back to the tourer for me next time!!!

JB

julianb
24-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Once again, it was the same hardy souls arriving before 8.00am to get the carpet taped and the track laid, and the same was true after racing had finished - probably more so infact.

Am I the only person that is offended by the ignorance of those that simply arrive to play after the hard work is done, or sneek off after their last race?

Visitors I can understand not feeling obligated, but club members should feel a little ashamed.

I can forsee a point where those doing all the work will simply walk away, and who would blame them?

So come on, twenty minutes of your time to help out isn't much to ask is it?

My thanks once again to all those that give that little extra effort to lend a hand.

Apologies if I'm speaking out of turn. I'm not a committee member, and maybe it's not my place to say anything, but it really gets up my nose!

kind regards

Julian

dadsemptywallet
26-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Once again, it was the same hardy souls arriving before 8.00am to get the carpet taped and the track laid, and the same was true after racing had finished - probably more so infact.

Am I the only person that is offended by the ignorance of those that simply arrive to play after the hard work is done, or sneek off after their last race?

Visitors I can understand not feeling obligated, but club members should feel a little ashamed.

I can forsee a point where those doing all the work will simply walk away, and who would blame them?

So come on, twenty minutes of your time to help out isn't much to ask is it?

My thanks once again to all those that give that little extra effort to lend a hand.

Apologies if I'm speaking out of turn. I'm not a committee member, and maybe it's not my place to say anything, but it really gets up my nose!

kind regards

Julian

Totaly agree with you Jules.Had a great day. But as more often than not some people seem to think the nominal fee for racing also employs some team of staff to pack it all away afterwards. For those who did help to set up and pack away we are very thankfull for youre support.For those who don`t bother, its about time you did.:thumbdown: Chris.V.