PDA

View Full Version : Castle Howard Meeting DETAILS

Northy
20-05-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi guys,

Here are the details of the event. Please could you put this up at your local clubs.

It would be great if as many people as possible supported this!

Thanks

G

darryl
20-05-2006, 07:52 AM
graham
sorry i never made it to the meeting at the tanglewood,just got to involved with other things at home,but does sound an interesting event with the race format

Col
23-05-2006, 03:00 PM
where do we sign up?
Or is it a turn up on the day event?:?:

Northy
23-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Here are the brief details:

Sunday 18th June 2006

10th scale Electric Off-road open class

Race format:

3 Rounds of “Round by Round” Qualifying (2 to count)
3 Leg Finals for everyone
The winner of each final will race together in a “Super Final” (with suitable handicaps) to find a Champion!
If possible, please can you pre enter. Entries to: phil@yorcc.org (phil@yorcc.org.uk).uk (phil@yorcc.org.uk)
Booking in at 8am.
£3 Entry fee, all proceeds go to North Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

Free entry into the event and Castle Howard grounds for drivers and passengers.
It would be great if as many people could pre-book as possible, that way we will be able to get racing as soon as possible, which will mean more racing for everyone!

Northy
23-05-2006, 05:48 PM
ERROR, ERROR, ERROR, ERROR!

The Email address shown on the word document is incorrect. It should read:

phil@yorcc.org.uk (phil@yorcc.org)

If anyone has put the poster up at there local club please could they amend it please?

Who gave me that address at the meeting, was it you Tom? :mad:

Thanks everyone. More entries please! :D :D

G

Fixed document is attached.

Cockerill
23-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I told you to correct it but you said, oh no it doesn't matter I have it at home.

PS. Are we allowed to use PT's and specktrum together:D

Northy
23-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Only if your installation doesn't crash the computer! :o :D

G

Northy
03-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Come on guys, we need more entries so we can entertain the public properly!

This is going to be a fun meeting, chance to let off a bit of steam! :D

Entries to: phil@yorcc.org.uk (phil@yorcc.org.uk)

Cheers,

G

paulc
04-06-2006, 07:11 AM
hello do you have yo be a brca member to enter?

Northy
04-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Er, not sure. Probably best to email phil and ask him.

Here's details of how to get there:

http://www.castlehoward.co.uk/metadot/index.pl?id=3505&isa=Category&op=show

Really easy!

Loads to do for the family and kids. Have a look on Castle Howards web site.

Still needing pre entries so we can get racing earlier! :D :D

Cheers,

G

Northy
07-06-2006, 06:22 PM
We're getting a steady stream of entries now, looks like it will be a great event!

Any more people fancy entering?

The more people that pre enter, the quicker we can get the racing started! http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Remember you'll get 3 qualifying runs, with 3 leg finals for everyone! Plus if you win your final you'll also get to run in the champions final!

Cheers,

G

Northy
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Below is a post I posted on another forum when I was asked about the track surface. Hope this shows people how much effort will be put into this event! :D

I will be doing everything in my control to make sure we have a decent surface to race on. It is just a field, but doesn't get too much use. We have asked Castle Howard to cut it as short as they can. They are also going to roll it for us with a giant roller that is pulled along by a tractor! http://www.doughtyuk.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif http://www.doughtyuk.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif If that doesn't smooth it out nothing will! Also Vermin won't have anything to do with it!

We are planning on setting up the track on Friday night and I will take a grass cutter or two to cut it as short as possible. This will also give us chance to sort out any other surface related "issues" before Sunday.

Will that do for ya fella? http://www.doughtyuk.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif There will actually be more effort put into this track than a York regional track! http://www.doughtyuk.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

G

paulc
08-06-2006, 09:16 PM
hi there can you book me in please i've tryed emailing to the address but my computer been a bit of a pain at the moment and i don't think it's worked anyway my details paul crawford 4wd class crystals 765 815 915 if someone could pass this on please :) and i'll look forward to a great days racing and plenty of sunshine hopefully:)

Northy
08-06-2006, 09:20 PM
No worries Paul, I'll email Phil the details now. Thanks for the entry.

Come on guys, remember all your entry fees will go to charity, Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Come and race for a good cause! :D

G

paulc
08-06-2006, 09:24 PM
cheers for that:D

Northy
08-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi guys, only me again! If you are going to pre enter can you please supply the following:

Name; BRCA no; PT no; Crystals; & 2wd or 4wd please.

Cheers,

G

Northy
12-06-2006, 09:41 PM
This Sunday people!

Your more than welcome to just turn up on Sunday morning, but we would prefer pre-booking. We have a good entry so far.

Track building from 6pm on Friday night, with finishing off Saturday.

RACING Sunday! :D :D :D

If you don't come to race you need a good excuse or I'll beat you with mi' spoon! :clown:

Cheers

G

Northy
16-06-2006, 10:43 PM
We've been to rough out the track tonight and I have to say that its great! (Cause I did it!). :D :D

I do suggest that people coming on Sunday should bring your own food as Castle Howard is not known for value for money food and they won't let us have a chuck wagon!

Weather is supposed to be great on Sunday, and here's hoping everyone has a good fun meeting! That's what this is supposed to be after all, isn't it? :confused: :confused:

G

darryl
17-06-2006, 08:23 AM
hope the meeting goes well for all those attending,would have been there myself but due to family commitments will have to give it a miss

chrislee
17-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Looking forward to it

Chris

Northy
17-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Just got home after building the track and I'm foooooked! :(

Northy got a bit carried away again, its a bit big! :o :D

Vermin got his way with the jumps! :eek:

G

chrislee
19-06-2006, 11:33 AM
I really enjoyed the racing yesterday despite being dumped in the bottom heat for qualifying....thought those days had gone when i got f4 :lol: There were a couple of other decent drivers in the bottom heat including the overall race winner (Jez) so I was in good company.

I thought the track layout was great.....hell i even broke the 10 single out.

I had a few problems in qualifying with interference (yes, that's with the Spektrum) so much so that i removed it for the final and had by far my best run - I wouldn't have finished last in the A final so that's not bad for me!!

Just a pity we didn't have the good weather that was forecast.

Thanks to the York club for holding the meeting, Will it be an annual event?

Chris