PDA

View Full Version : The Stig / Who is it this time?

Chequered Flag Racing
24-01-2011, 04:59 PM
OK lets get started on this age old subject :lol:

Sabine Schmitz's name is getting put about as the new Stig

any other ideas?

pat*1
24-01-2011, 05:06 PM

any other ideas?
Unsure on this one as i could not see and tits........apart from clarkson and the other pair of tits...:o

poopers
24-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I’m going with Tiff Needell given how sideways the Atom seemed to go on its fast lap.

Dale Goodchild
24-01-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm with Poppers on this one.

mole2k
24-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I think Tiff Needell would be a strong possibility.

Did the older top gears list Ben Colins in the credits? I know he had been credited as an advisor before but I don't know if he was in the weekly credits.

ScottyDogWoof
24-01-2011, 05:54 PM
would agree, maybe including tiff in the program as him self may be a ploy to keep us off the trail lol Big up that skoda tho, impressed, maybe not as inpressed when they told the price lol. Poor old 911 (beatle) racing to the ground.

mole2k
24-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Given the obvious grudge that Ben holds to the TG crew and the TG crew hold towards Ben and the fact that Ben basically wanted more of a role in the show as himself.

This could be a way to replace the stig and at the same time piss off Ben Colins as tiff appearing on the show and being the stig would of been exactly what he wanted to happen to himself...

purpletimbo
25-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Whoever it is, they are faster than the last one I reckon

MALLET
25-01-2011, 11:45 AM
She looks like Michael Schumacher.......:thumbdown:

http://www.ausringers.com/images/sabine-schmitz-01s.jpg

Richard Lowe
25-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Strong possibility of it being Tiff given the way he was sawing at the wheel in the Atom, or someone with a very similar driving style.

Also the fact the Atom was pretty much never going in a straight line round the whole lap :lol:

25-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Ben was the quickest, no contest. The new Atom has twice the bhp per ton compared to the others!
The new Stig is an ex scandanavien rally champion, not going to say his name (yet), just watch his driving style and you'll see his rally training...
Ben now races for last seasons lmp2 champions (one of my clients team!).

frogger
25-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I recon it could be Tiff not only because of the driving style but he also quite distinctly hangs his head forward when he drives. :eh?:

bpwain
25-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I recon it could be Tiff not only because of the driving style but he also quite distinctly hangs his head forward when he drives. :eh?:

That's exactly what I said when I was watching it :thumbsup:

KeithA
25-01-2011, 02:24 PM

any other ideas?

It can't be Glenn:

http://www.the-stig.com/1_images/The-Stig-Sabine-Schmitz.jpg

I've never seen a picture of you and the Stig in the same place though ;)

Alan1467
25-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Some people are saying Anthony Davidson and that was some BBC people !!!!

bodgit
25-01-2011, 04:54 PM
"Some say" Jason Plato?
not tom cruise

pitwizard
25-01-2011, 04:56 PM
She looks like Michael Schumacher.......:thumbdown:

http://www.ausringers.com/images/sabine-schmitz-01s.jpg

I'd still kick her backdoors in :thumbsup:

big p
25-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd still kick her backdoors in :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dudders
25-01-2011, 07:58 PM
The new Stig is an ex scandanavien rally champion, not going to say his name (yet), just watch his driving style and you'll see his rally training...

:D:D

B4 Sloth
25-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I heard that it was a very well known dutch bloke.....god what was his name......

Oh I remember; HERTZ,yep thats it HERTZ VAN RENTAL:p

emtee
25-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd like it to be Sabine(+1 on the backdoors BTW..)and when she blasted the trannie van round the nurbugring she was kinda hunched over the wheel but Tiff is a stronger possibility IMO...! but I must agree with the rally style sideways action too... OMG! who is it..? :confused:

Chequered Flag Racing
26-01-2011, 10:03 AM

any other ideas?

Vicky Butler Henderson???

but then again, imagine the uproar if it turns out to be a female lapping quicker then us testosterone fueled men :lol:

females, shouldn't they be at home in the kitchen though?

will I now be banned for being sexist :lol:

rcdunk
26-01-2011, 11:17 AM
will I now be banned for being sexist :lol:

no just sacked from sky sports lol

I am unsure as to who it is.
But after reading ben collins book I felt he just wanted to move on with his life top gear is an awesome programme and the stig is an essential part of that and ben was responseable for thar persona that the stig gave

30-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Now do you believe me when I say its a certain Scandinavian ex rally champion...? As good as Tiff is, he's not capable of that in a rally car IMO!

peetbee
30-01-2011, 11:49 PM
ben was responseable for thar persona that the stig gave
You are joking aren't you?
Standing around not talking, even Perry Mcarthy managed that!

Interesting though, that Perry wanted more of a role in the show too. You'd have thought that Ben would have taken the hint from what happened there.

wreckers
31-01-2011, 04:14 AM
so channel5 fifth gear presenters moved over to top gear AGAIN (tiff / vicky) to be faceless driver nah, vicky pregnant so shes ruled out, did see tiff come out of atom before james jumped in funny that think its just too get tongues going :yawn:
its ruben :D

johnnygibbon
31-01-2011, 09:23 AM
its a rally driver got to be after that nuts race last night fast and loose
awsome i thougyt they were dead three times
gotta be a viking based driver to be that mental
and they are short to
think this new stigs better than last he reallyrags em hard and he is faster or at least looks it

mikerobinson83
31-01-2011, 10:25 AM
not sure on who it is but they are not only faster than ben colins but they seem to be able to teach better aswell, there is now way that the car is 3-4 secs quicker than the last series so the new stig either has a better line around the track or can teach alot better.

the stig character has been much the same for a few series now, i think they should unmask the stig and just have another presenter (can still be classed as the resident race driver) this will keep things fresh.

mark christopher
31-01-2011, 10:27 AM
There is no saying they use the same on road or off road

mark christopher
31-01-2011, 01:15 PM
There is no saying double post

pugboy
31-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Juha Kankkunen?

mole2k
31-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm sure they use different drivers all the time that's part of the reason for the whole stig persona.

It was a rally driver in the proton last but not a Scandinavian one if it's who I think it was! (who I know has been over filming a few sequences for this series of top gear and the rally stig's build, footwork and car handling was very familiar looking.)

coolcars782
31-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Ken Block?

http://www.topgearshow.com/page/The+Stig+is+Ken+Block

Fast Eddie
31-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Ken Block?

Thats a good call

wreckers
01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
top gear ashes was done before ben colins left, the actual ashes episode shown in aus was epic :D we only got taster from it :eh?:

JohnM
02-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Ken Block?

Nah, this bloke is fast, Ken Block isn't;)

Sabben
02-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Have no idea who it is now, but my guess for the next season will be Loeb. Since he said this will be he's last year in wrc...

bpwain
02-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Nah, this bloke is fast, Ken Block isn't;)

Agree :lol:

Steve.T
02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Tiff Needell did the atom lap wearing one of James May's doggy tops and I think he filled in as the "Star in the car" instructor on one episode but thats it.
I don't thinks its Sabine either and Anthony Davidson is a peugeot works driver so he may not have the time.

Mr. Red
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Excuse my question but does Stig mean anything in English? I associated the term The Stig to a rather know rally car driver from Sweden in the 70's and 80`s I think. His name is Stig Blomqvist. Stig translates into the word path or trail in Swedish.
http://www.mocomp.se/bilder/framsida/stig_blomqvist_2.jpg

SlowOne
02-02-2011, 08:48 PM
'Stigs' are new boys at Repton School, a very expensive and well-respected public school in Derbyshire. As the two people who conceived Top Gear in its latest form - Andy Willman and Jeremy Clarkson - are both Repton Old Boys, they decided to call their anonymous driver The Stig.

Yeah, that's right, the always blokey, one-of-the-boys Clarkson is in fact a public schoolboy, with all that infers. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean...? ;)

terry.sc
03-02-2011, 12:49 AM
top gear ashes was done before ben colins left, the actual ashes episode shown in aus was epic :D we only got taster from it :eh?:
Agree, the Australian version was so much better. The competitions were a bit of an anti climax after their UK tour.

Mighty
15-02-2011, 04:27 PM
As much as Ben Collins would like us to believe otherwise, since Perry McCarthy there has always been a pool of "Stigs". One of the regular Stigs was employed by Renault F1 and it was after him crashing the Koenigsegg and making suggestions that the company added the rear wing and altered the handling setup. That Stig had to walk away from the show a couple of years ago due to the constant press attention. Looking at the build and driving style of the "new" Stig I would say he is back in the Stig pool.

traffman
15-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Looking at his driving style , i think hes from The Jason Plato school.

MALLET
15-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Marcus Gronholm I think.

http://www.rallybuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/gronholm.jpg

Fast Eddie
15-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Deffo a rally driver, the footwork is genius, also the line he takes in corners

Ross
15-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Defo a rally driver the other week with the rally cars. As good as roundy roundy racers are, I don't think there that good off road :lol::lol: