PDA

View Full Version : Time for some new club rules?

Col
30-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm getting mightily annoyed at the same few doing all the work...
A couple of weeks ago I took note of who was doing what. 2 lads (who had drove over from Keighley) did most of the track building, 4 or 5 younger members built the shambles that was our jump (sorry lads!) and 6 committee members did fuck all (names have been noted...)

So, the simple question is how do we get more people (not just those who should be obliged to do it - committee members for example...) to assist with the club? Not just a token 5 mins either, but turning up early and getting stuck in!

5 laps removed from all qualifying rounds?

Discuss!!

DCM
30-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Being involved in club racing for far to many years, I have found that no matter what you do, there will always be a 'core' few who put track out etc. Most think that, by paying their membership fee's and race fee's, they are there just to 'race' and it is the clubs responsibility to do the track. I have seen rewards tried, penalties tried etc and none have worked.

The only thing that ever gets any response, is when their track time is lessened due to not enough people helping.

Richard Lowe
30-01-2011, 11:20 AM
York used to only let the people that helped with the track practice but that seems to have been relaxed a bit recently for some reason, I think that was about the best solution. The only problem was people just stood about on the track then claimed to have 'helped' and practised anyway :(

It was great to see a few new people were racing last night :D

daz
30-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm getting mightily annoyed at the same few doing all the work...
A couple of weeks ago I took note of who was doing what. 2 lads (who had drove over from Keighley) did most of the track building, 4 or 5 younger members built the shambles that was our jump (sorry lads!) and 6 committee members did fuck all (names have been noted...)

So, the simple question is how do we get more people (not just those who should be obliged to do it - committee members for example...) to assist with the club? Not just a token 5 mins either, but turning up early and getting stuck in!

5 laps removed from all qualifying rounds?

Discuss!!
Stop bloody moaning!!:p Ive built the track on my own before and taken all the stuff out of the trailer. At the end of the day the track always gets put up and taken away, sometimes its hard to follow people who are the main track builder, they have there own design in there head and therefore is hard to follow them. You dont need many people to build the track, and in most cases its built up and done by around 6.30. In the next few weeks i am unable to get there earlydoors due to more important issues, but will do my best to help in any other way i can.

P.S Rich Lowe should build all the tracks, cos mine all mostly crap:lol:

footey
30-01-2011, 12:15 PM
hi all

i dont help build the track as daz said its easier for 2 or 3 people todo it { tp many cooks } BUT what does piss me off is when people sit there and watch 2 people empty the trailer which i always do when im there i dont stay back and put away as i travel from Hull so its a good drive home

my opinion is that id stop practice for them who dont help and i would certainly make a point of rewarding them that do AND imean help not just stand there maybe give them discount on race fee { or when im there id get people to help } TRUST ME ;)

j pearce
30-01-2011, 04:58 PM
how about locking the doors so if your late, you dont get in - and same on the way out - no one goes until the track is away. This would be better because everyone could put a small effort in and get it done more quickly, rather than a few people putting loads of effort in and taking ages...

j pearce
30-01-2011, 05:03 PM
OR...Booking in only starts once the track is built?

reg
30-01-2011, 05:26 PM
how about locking the doors so if your late, you dont get in - and same on the way out - no one goes until the track is away

not letting people out is a bit ott as some people travel and some bring young kids,stopping people in is a good idea,ask people to put there name down if they want to help set up the next week with a note saying if you dont help set up then doors open an hour later(or what ever)open the doors..........they will get a crap pit space,say booking in will be closed in 10 mins racing starts in 15

Mike Hudson
01-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I think Enforcing the old No practice session before the heats or finals if you havn't helped build the track or helped put it away the previous week would gather more help.

Col
01-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I think Enforcing the old No practice session before the heats or finals if you havn't helped build the track or helped put it away the previous week would gather more help.

IT's good in principle, but there are problems... I wasn't racing last week so have no idea who helped at the end of the night (I do really as it's the same ones all the time..) and I'm on race control this week.
Still, it's the rules as it stands now, so I guess it's the best we've got.

Mike Hudson
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Should have someone with a notepad to write down names of who properly helped each night, anyone not on the list can go practice outside in the carpark :lol:

daz
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
All this will do is bring the hose kickers out again:lol:

j pearce
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Maybe we could just not put as much carpet down like we did last week - makes racing more challenging & we managed to clear up really quickly. Besides, I think a lot of people actually preferred drifting on the long corners.

Col
02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Jamie - you've just volunteered your services as chief track builder:thumbsup:

j pearce
03-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Jamie - you've just volunteered your services as chief track builder:thumbsup:
lol. good...no more rippled mats that don't agree with me or my D4!

johnboy
03-02-2011, 09:30 AM

So you want to race touring cars then.

Mike Hudson
03-02-2011, 09:58 AM

try change your shock setup if it's dogger over the ripple mat sections ;)

Gemma
03-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Sorry for gatecrashing, however why dont you introduce a deposit scheme, especially for the packing away, and they pay have to pay a additional £1.00 or £2.00 and once the track is cleared away you get that money back, however if you leave early the money is kept by the club. Ive seen this work in a few clubs before, and seemed to be very successful.

However you have to understand and take into consideration you may get drivers who have travelled a far distance, and want to get off as soon as possible.

Just an idea :) x

Col
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM
All gatecrashing welcome, Gemma

j pearce
03-02-2011, 03:05 PM
try change your shock setup if it's dogger over the ripple mat sections ;)
Problem is that I hate the D4 without with a rear anti-roll bar on.

Col
04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
http://oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=459929&postcount=3