PDA

View Full Version : Couldn’t wait for my Losi ‘22’...

Northern Monkey
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
So I’ve bought an SX2, what additions/hop-ups are worth getting? Now I really have to order new electrics!

mikeyscott
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
So I’ve bought an SX2, what additions/hop-ups are worth getting? Now I really have to order new electrics!

New or used?

The alloy mounts for the wishbones, the alloy steering. Pretty much most of the alloy bits from the original SX. I assume you're over tonight?

Should have kept mine, but it's still at our track in the hands of another member .

Time for some Speed Passion kit? I'm about to change my Tekin for a SP GT I think.

Look forward to more wheel to wheel racing :p

Are you still getting the Losi 22 or sticking with 4WD?

Northern Monkey
02-02-2011, 01:05 PM
It is 2nd hand but has only done 6 meetings - 2 outdoor & 4 indoor if I remember rightly. Comes with brand new body, wing and undertray and new wheels. So gonna need some help painting probably, got a design in mind.

It already comes with most of the alloy upgrades, pivot blocks, steering & yokes. Also has a one way front diff too :) just wondered if there are any 3rd party or must haves. Also will probably need to get a selection of springs and bits too.

Think I will go with the Speed Passion electrics just unsure what motor to go with. Prob a 6.5 or 7.5.

Going to try to get down tonight even if its just to annoy you guys with questions.

Steve said after 9.30pm I think is that right?.

Ordered some Speed power lipos too.... :thumbsup:

Will still be getting the 22 tho just couldn’t wait till end of March at the earliest!!!!

mikeyscott
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Sounds good :)

Mine was an SX that turned into an SX2.

I fitted the alloy gearbox top mounts and the new gears which relocates the slipper.

As for 3rd party upgrades, they are expensive but I like the Ghea big bore pistons.

Steve rates the FAB, but I never bothered with that.

Based on the fact that you can drive I'd go for a 6.5 V3 :)

I'm running Nosram LIPOs in my SV, but will be moving to Speed Power when they need to be replaced.

Orion's in my Rango.

I run a 7.5 V3 in my Durango, but it is silly efficient in putting the power down!

March for the 22??? I've cancelled mine and am sticking with the SV, too much time and money. For cheapness I nearly went back to my old B4 from Dave Moore...

Oh and the RW spur gears for the SV and SX rock :)

Northern Monkey
02-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Steve can get hold of RW stuff direct can’t he?

mikeyscott
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Steve can get hold of RW stuff direct can’t he?

Yes and Neil also deals direct with people - neil@rwracing.co.uk

Chat to Steve about it tonight.