PDA

View Full Version : 8ight t 2.0

slipknot666
03-02-2011, 05:50 PM
basically gonna be buying a 8ight t 2.0 for a leccy basher/racer and was wondering what to put in it. I'm thinking the mmm 2200kv combo is a good choice as I had it in my sc8e and its mainly going to be used for just bashing with. got about £1000 saved.will be run on a 4s. and can anybody tell me if I buy another std losi body for this will it come uncut as i dont want the one that comes with ti as it has the holes etc cut out for engine and refuelling

any advice on it and gearing also would be good.

thanks
james

Hyper-1983
03-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Did the same as you are panning! Bought the losi conversion along with an rc monster motor mount allows more range in the pinions you use! Think I'm using a 15tooth mod1 pinion on mine! The losi conversion is brilliant! Using the mamba monster with the 2200kw and on 4cell is ideal! If going this root the traxxs esc hold down for the revo fits the losi conversion perfectly and gives some protection! Regarding bodies I had the same problem and so bought a j concepts punisher shell and just didn't cut out the holes required for nitro! Losi have since come out with an electric specific shell minus the cut outs! Check out the rc monster forum for all things brushless some handy information! Any questions just ask and ill try to help!

Hope this is of help

IReight
22-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I race this exact combo. If you run the 15t pinion supplied in the kit with a 44t spur (stock was a 45) you drop the MM motor flush with the bottom chassis brace. Gearing then works out on 4s (stock timing & Grinders fitted) at 44 mph.