PDA

View Full Version : 44.1 Hopups/Reliability

DaveG28
03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Looking quite closely at one of these, what hopups do people use on them, if any?

Also, what breaks, what's it worth carrying spares of?

GRIFF55
03-02-2011, 09:35 PM
i would say wishbones and front shock shafts as with the old 44 and the rudebits brass tray, job done

Rob_B
03-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I have a 44.1 one all i have broken is front towers and wishbones.

Bradders
03-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Yo Amish,

Only things I'd think you'd break are front wishbones and front shock shafts (as mentioned already) and maybe front top deck if you're very unlucky.

Diff gears last forever if you shim them correctly to begin with (alot more shims than the kit suggests!)

Only other thing I could think of for spares would be front and rear driveshafts (or just the CVD rebuild kits) as the wear quite quick dependant on the type of tracks you're running on.

As for upgrades: The front and rear aluminium shock mount braces are a good idea.... I've had the plastic ones flex/strip holes under heavy impacts etc.

If you need to know anything else holla at me.

Bradders

DaveG28
04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Cheers dude, will give you a shout if I get one!

chris68nufc
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Bit of a shame to read this thread, just bought a tamiya and not being able to get parts is the worst thing about a car! Hope something improves!!

DaveG28
04-02-2011, 11:24 PM
From what I've heard the parts for the Tamiya wil start being available very soon, but there's so few places who will order in the 7 digit stuff, and the main one won't reply to my emails!!:thumbdown:

B44.1 looks a good choice to get me through for a while, it's quick and parts are everywhere!! Plus I can bug Bradders and Stants for setups etc!!:lol: