PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail spam?

telboy
06-02-2011, 02:15 AM
How the fudge do you stop your hotmail email account from sending spam emails out to everyone in your contact list?!

I have opend nothing suspicious, not been on any dodgy sites, regularly clear my cache of files and have up to date virus protection...which is finding nothing!

Its doing my head in now.

purpletimbo
06-02-2011, 02:43 AM
someone has hacked your account probably, can you access it and swap your password, then whatever bot is doing it, should be denied access

OneKiwi
06-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Yep Ive had the same problem... change your password I think someone/somebot has it, that helped me but the biggest help was to get a gmail account.

Was a little pain changing over but got it done fairly quickly and now I barely use the hotmail account

Gmail is recommemded

mattJT
06-02-2011, 08:24 AM
When this happened to me, deleted my contact list and that solved it :thumbsup:

telboy
06-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Hmm, changed the password yesterday. But it sent some more out afterwards. :(
Drastic measures are called for I think. :(

bodgit
06-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Change to googlemail. I had lots of problems with my last lot but with gmail I dont get any problems.

MatJohnson
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
change password (cap letter, number and special charcter), run malware bytes then super spyware remover, that should clean your machine too

Martin Wallace
08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
hi mate,

as most are niave this way, and i dont mean yourself, but the anti virus software wont pick up deep virus,s within your machine, im an online gamer and malware and spyware live in your machine even although your scans wont pick them up and tell you its clean.

same goes for anti virus software. its a small protection . it wont make your pc bullet proof from good viruses.ive been there done that and had to format the pc to get rid of it fully.

a sure sign of emails being sent out and the odd conversation links to peeps on msn without you doing them is a sure sign of an infected virus..

martin