PDA

View Full Version : Hong Nor SCRT-10 4wd

mattJT
10-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi all

Just wondering what this 4wd is like? breakages? spares availability? etc etc

Have a 2wd sct already, however thinking of getting a 4wd now too and these seem to be v affordable at £159 new :thumbsup:

Cheers
matt

Frecklychimp
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Have run one since September, great truck for the price.

Very heavy so you could need larger capacity Lipo's depending on what motor you choose as they sap power.

breakages wise i've broke the upper hinge pin bracket on front bulkhead (high speed hook up on track marker) so now have aluminium upgrade and have also broken a rear hub carrier.

They take a serious amount of abuse, we're always knocking each other about, far more violently than 'rubbing is racing'!

Recommend steering ballraces as plastic bushes make stock set up very tight.

Front bumpers can be a weak spot (just broke the original last week) but can be strengthened by drilling through mounts and using longer bolts to strengthen it up.

Apart from that... buy one and get racing, they are a great bit of kit.

mattJT
10-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Cheers for the feedback, those breakages ain't bad for 5 months use, right just need to sell some bits then hunt a 2nd hand one :thumbsup:

Frecklychimp
11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Its taken a serious amount of abuse really so would highly recommend.

The only upgrade i want is the Outerwearz underbody waterproof bag/cover for racing outdoors, to keep the electrics dry and clean when its damp etc but don't know if anyone in uk stocks them yet?

I use HPI Blitz wheels as they have a better offset for stability, apart from set up the car is pretty much kit standard.

Noticed that the RTR ones don't have threaded alloy shocks and come with softer blue springs fitted, something to keep an eye on.

There are a few in my local club, will let you know if one comes up for sale in near future... some of the racers change their cars more than they change their underpants!

mattJT
11-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Is this what your after /

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jammin-Hong-Nor-SCRT-10-protective-cover-shroud-/280625593847?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item415696bdf7

:thumbsup:

Frecklychimp
11-02-2011, 08:29 PM
It looks like a cheaper version, might be worth a go though.

This is the one i found: http://www.outerwearsracing.com/proddetail.asp?prod=202641

looks more breathable, by the fact you can see through it!

Definitely need air flow over speedo and motor as they got very warm when i made an improvised underbody from a plastic bag and gaffa tape at the last round of our winter outdoor series!

mattJT
11-02-2011, 08:35 PM
It looks like a cheaper version, might be worth a go though.

Certainly a huge difference in price! same makes tho and the ebay ones in the UK so should get to you considerably faster :thumbsup:

mattJT
23-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Just wondered if anyone could post us a pic of their servo saver (in situ)?

My sct10 came yesterday :), but need to sort servo saver, so was hoping could just get away with buying a standard one and working it that way.

Can't seem to find any pictures on the good old google that show the servo saver itself.

Cheers all
matt

mattJT
23-02-2011, 07:00 PM
ignore, found one :thumbsup:

Frecklychimp
23-02-2011, 09:07 PM
This might help in future:

http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/instruction-manuals-c48.html

Truck exploded view is at bottom of page :thumbsup:

mattJT
23-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Cool, thanks for that :thumbsup:

Emailed hong nor direct to see if they could email us a manual too, just finished putting the electrics in, and tis running well - just need to sort the shell out abit tomorrow night and then is good to go :thumbsup:

Ps other than apex, where do you get your spares from?

mattJT
24-02-2011, 08:43 AM
This might help in future:

http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/instruction-manuals-c48.html

Truck exploded view is at bottom of page :thumbsup:

If you haven't got a manual too, hong nor have emailed us one, so if you need it as well, Pm us your email address and i'll bung it over :thumbsup:

woody_woody
02-03-2011, 09:20 AM
i have the scrt10 . ... great truck , but its based on the 1/8 platform , so undergearing it or running the 1/8 system will overcome the weight issue , losi have released one too based on the 1/8 losi nitro buggy ....hmmm interesting:thumbsup:

Fast Eddie
16-03-2011, 06:30 PM
when you say undergearing it, what would you recommend? Please explain as if talking to a 3yr old:thumbsup:

I think I need some different tyres for mine, any ideas on what and where from? Any other mods?

Its a fantastic machine:blush: